Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Kathinboots
Ugly
Ugly

Re: buzzcocks 2009 tour

Post by Kathinboots »

Roy Batty wrote:
Kathinboots wrote:It's on the campus though. I'm sure it's part of the university union. Unless it's all changed.
no......... its the old town and country club was coliseum on cookridge street!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

stranglers played there last year and way back when.... argh
oops! Wires crossed. Read Manchester not Leeds! Sorry! (It's the cider) :roll: :oops:
Boogie now, Dave!
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Just had a look at me tickets and it says doors 6pm - so yeah it's an early one alright!

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
Sancho Panza
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by Sancho Panza »

Sorry for the confusion regarding the "wrong" Academy.(Manchester/Leeds).

Band came on at around 9.20, belted through a mix of first two albums as predicted. Diggle was very animated, I do believe I heard Shelley bend a few notes during solos as well, he'll be a good guitarist when he's a bit older that lad.

You know what you're going to get and you won't be disappointed.

Enjoy.
Don Baterista
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Cheers I'm looking forward to Diggle going off on one with the guitar. Can't wait.

Jim
Sancho Panza wrote:Sorry for the confusion regarding the "wrong" Academy.(Manchester/Leeds).

Band came on at around 9.20, belted through a mix of first two albums as predicted. Diggle was very animated, I do believe I heard Shelley bend a few notes during solos as well, he'll be a good guitarist when he's a bit older that lad.

Enjoy.
Bobinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Bobinblack »

Sancho Panza wrote:Sorry for the confusion regarding the "wrong" Academy.(Manchester/Leeds).

Enjoy.
any idea what time they finished then?

I'm presuming Jim's set off already :grin:
Think I'll go for a stroll in the trees.
fourth horseman

Post by fourth horseman »

Was a great gig last night, met shelley and diggle at the after party at the brickhouse, and chatted to the pair of them for good hour or so, both really nice fellas!

Shelley took my name down and said he'd put me on the guest list for the leeds gig tonight. Don't know whether to go or not though, cause we were all extremely drunk and he may have forgotten all about it and I'd be going to Leeds just for nothing then, when I live in manchester, is it worth the risk?
Shove it up yer bollocks then!
Born As A Stranger
Down In The Sewer

Post by Born As A Stranger »

That was the best hour and 40 minutes i've had at a gig for a long time, the entire first two albums played in chronological order followed by a shedload of the singles, a & b sides, the crowd was pretty rowdy but it was to be expected with it being a hometown gig.
I must mention Arturo Bassick, currently the only original member left in the nights support band the Lurkers, i thought they were fantastic too.

I managed to film some of the Buzzcocks set last night

Fast Cars, No Reply, You Tear Me Up. Check it out

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=mgld3LrHVG0
--------------------------------------------------
I've taken some knockbacks
I've taken some hits
I've been invincible baby
And i've been in bits
But i've still got the FEVER!
R.I.McNabb
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Get on the train and go along - if you're not on the list then just grab another ticket - it's only money and it's a Saturday night!

Jim
fourth horseman wrote:Was a great gig last night, met shelley and diggle at the after party at the brickhouse, and chatted to the pair of them for good hour or so, both really nice fellas!

Shelley took my name down and said he'd put me on the guest list for the leeds gig tonight. Don't know whether to go or not though, cause we were all extremely drunk and he may have forgotten all about it and I'd be going to Leeds just for nothing then, when I live in manchester, is it worth the risk?
fourth horseman

I rang up the leeds academy, put me on hold for about 10 minutes at 25p a minute! But I spoke to 'em, and me and my friend are on the guest list, such a quality weekend this shaping out to be!
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Nice one - good old Buzzcocks !

Jim
fourth horseman wrote:I rang up the leeds academy, put me on hold for about 10 minutes at 25p a minute! But I spoke to 'em, and me and my friend are on the guest list, such a quality weekend this shaping out to be!
fourth horseman

Good old Buzzcocks indeed, anyone know where the nearest cheap hotel is?
doninblack
The Raven
The Raven

Post by doninblack »

How long were The Lurkers on for? I nearly saw them in 1978, so it's been a bit of a wait. :lol: Going to Glasgow so looking forward to this a lot. Saw Buzzcocks doing most of Another Music.. in Edinburgh in 1979, so this will be a real nostalgia (yeh I know) fest. 8)
Talking bullshit on a slow repeat.