Twats at gigs are getting worse

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

C r a s s !
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Twats at gigs are getting worse

Post by C r a s s ! »

\i take it everyone has seen Noel Galagher get shoved offstage at the weekend...
http://uk.yahoo.com/

Irrespective of what you think of Oasis - no one deserves that treatment after all I bet you wouldn't like to have this done to you. That thug crossed the line big time... I only hope Noel had the guy ready for him when the gig was over to paste him all over the alley outside, minus the bouncers this time. I wouldn't stop short of stabbing the twats eyes out and setting fir to him, but that's just me.

In work today I asked a colleague if he was going to the Stray Cats final Brixton gig. He's a one time rockabilly/ He told me it was nearly called off after the weekend: the band happily played in Paris when someone from the crowd lobbed an ope flick knife and hit Brian Setzer on the hand. Fortunately itwas the handle end that impacted. But what is it with these cunts out there? Ain't it enough to stick out yer elbows and annoy everyone with the funky gibbon dance? Seems not.

And then another colleague told me of her V Ferstval experience of being on the wrong end of piss cups chucked at the fron of the crowd from the rear. Her boyfriend was keen to decipher the colder ones (they're lager...) from the warmer ones (ooohh...)

And then there's those who get a kik from kicking over portaloos at festivals with people inside.

What the fuck? Why do people like to ruin other peoples good times? Because they're sad? Naah - it ain't enough.

Hope Noel got the cunt.
http://www.strangled.co.uk/ The unofficial Stranglers site.

jbinblack
Ugly
Ugly

Post by jbinblack »

Just heard on the news that he's got a broken rib.
Trust in God, but lock your car
wanderlust
The Raven
The Raven

Post by wanderlust »

I know I started the link jesting at the incident which is human nature. It is not funny when you analyse it though it could have been a tragic incident if the bloke had been carrying a knife or even a gun and we could have had a MARK CHAPMAN- JOHN LENNON style incident..
"I had a dream or a nightmare difficult to decide which"
Hugh in Black
Rats Rally

Post by Hugh in Black »

It's like when I was at the Anti-BNP gig at Rotherham's Magna Centre on Saturday night. There's the Reverend and the Kaiser Chiefs railing against racists but there's still knob-heads in the crowd who think "it's a larf" to lob full pints into the crowd in front of them. OK, not as bad as morons like the one at the Oasis gig but morons nether the less. What goes thru these peoples' minds? Probably not that much. I was also at V and it was even worse there.
Hughie in Black
Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Arthur Streeb-Greebling »

These cunts need a good kicking, they spoil it for everyone else.
As I said on that thread it just aint funny and coulda been worse for Noel with some nutter with a gun.
Anyone remember the Dimebag Darrell incident? he was shot dead on stage in 2004 aged only 38.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dimebag_Darrell
mabus
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by mabus »

Yeah the same thing happened to Frank Zappa he was left with multiple fractures and wheelchair bound for 6 months.
Anyone remember tennis player Monica Seles, she was stabbed by a mentalist fan during a tennis match.

The Oasis clip is funny but I think that Liams hesitancy is not due to cowardice but the fact that, there is a possibility that the next nutter might have a knife or a gun.

gizzard
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by gizzard »

Check out the Pistols at Hammersmith thread as I put a link on there to a incident on the last date of the Pistols tour in Spain.

Wankers! :twisted:
''I THINK THE STRANGLERS ARE CRIMINALLY VULGAR, VIOLENT AND VORACIOUS, AND I OFTEN WONDER HOW THEY GET AWAY WITH IT.''
Bobinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Bobinblack »

TOTALLY agree with you all. I get pissed off at people talking at gigs, I think it must be my age. And when some sod climbs on friends' shoulders and blocks your view right in front, and makes them self a target for the pint pots,, it just riles me that some people think they've a right to outdo others fans.

Beer at T in the Park was £3.30 a pint - there must have been £1000s airborne over that weekend.

Bring back the strippers getting on stage :grin:
Think I'll go for a stroll in the trees.
Organ Grinder
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Organ Grinder »

Lemmy almost lost his hand in the early nineties when some cunt threw a razor blade taped between two coins and it gashed his hand open, causing a substantial loss of blood and a wound that required several stiches. On tour, middle of the baltics (I think) and without access to decent medical assistance, the hand went black after a couple of days and he had to be flown home thus cancelling the rest of the tour.

That's some enginuiety the maniac went to, I mean, strapping a fuckin razor blade between two coins. To cap it off apparently this nutter was seen shouting "it was me! it was me!" after Lemmy realised he was standing in a pool of his own blood! According to Lemmy's biog the nutter was carted off into the nite by the less than temperate local police team.

Understandably Lemmy does not tollerate any pint lobbing at his gigs now and if anyone should be stupid enough to do it then the band will leave the stage and it's a lucky crowd who see them return. What's more, Lemmy usually informs audiences of this rule at the start of some dates that have been notable for pint lobbing in the past. So everyone knows the score. Shame that a laid back, hard living rock n roller has to treat an audience like babies but that's where it's at these days. Fuckin pathetic really ain't it?
If Dave was to use a Hammond L100 for just one more gig I'd die content.
Homer
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Homer »

I wonder what they finished the gig with ..... 'Wonderfall' :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
gizzard
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by gizzard »

Homer wrote:I wonder what they finished the gig with ..... 'Wonderfall' :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
''I THINK THE STRANGLERS ARE CRIMINALLY VULGAR, VIOLENT AND VORACIOUS, AND I OFTEN WONDER HOW THEY GET AWAY WITH IT.''
Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Arthur Streeb-Greebling »

Why are guys & gals on here so against Oasis anyway?
Please explain.