B-52s Tour 2008

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

blacktania
Down In The Sewer

The B52's

Post by blacktania »

If anyone was coming to Lisbon this weekend to see The Stranglers they would also see The B52's as they are both playing at Lisbon Calling. I am really looking forward to seeing The Stranglers and The B52's :lol:
gizzard
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Re: The B52's

Post by gizzard »

blacktania wrote:If anyone was coming to Lisbon this weekend to see The Stranglers they would also see The B52's as they are both playing at Lisbon Calling. I am really looking forward to seeing The Stranglers and The B52's :lol:
Tania, Are you and John millionaires :?:

How can you afford to do so many gigs :?: Do you both work?

:?
''I THINK THE STRANGLERS ARE CRIMINALLY VULGAR, VIOLENT AND VORACIOUS, AND I OFTEN WONDER HOW THEY GET AWAY WITH IT.''
blacktania
Down In The Sewer

B-52's

Post by blacktania »

Yes we both work, have no children and enjoy spending our hard earned cash on seeing The Stranglers and holidays :lol:
gizzard
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Re: B-52's

Post by gizzard »

blacktania wrote:Yes we both work, have no children and enjoy spending our hard earned cash on seeing The Stranglers and holidays :lol:
Fair enough. :grin:

So how many times have you both seen them?
''I THINK THE STRANGLERS ARE CRIMINALLY VULGAR, VIOLENT AND VORACIOUS, AND I OFTEN WONDER HOW THEY GET AWAY WITH IT.''
blacktania
Down In The Sewer

B-52's

Post by blacktania »

I have no idea at the moment but maybe one Sunday afternoon when I have nothing to do I shall work it out, I added up last year what we had spent on gig tickets, flights, buses, taxi's and hotels and it came to £2,350.each that was without spending money :lol:
markorbit
Ugly
Ugly

Post by markorbit »

B52s Roundhouse - anyone else go? Twas a good night - all the usual favs were played, well, most of 'em. Four from Wild Planet plus Lobster/Claire and the big hits plus the new stuff. Seems to be a mammoth tour they're on. Highlight for me probably 'Give Me Back My Man', good lead by Cindy.

Guitarist Keith Strickland doesn't look a day over 28 from where I was. And he's about 54. :?
Let's Boogie
Unbroken
Rats Rally

Post by Unbroken »

markorbit wrote: Guitarist Keith Strickland doesn't look a day over 28 from where I was. And he's about 54. :?
Just as Hugh like !!! :wink:
Claireinblack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Re: B-52's

Post by Claireinblack »

blacktania wrote:Yes we both work, have no children and enjoy spending our hard earned cash on seeing The Stranglers and holidays :lol:

Sounds very sensible to me.....

:lol:
Claireinblack
kent
Toiler On The Sea
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Toiler On The Sea »

"They don’t come much better than The Stranglers when performing live; there is no pretence, no hiding place, just superb music"

Liverpool Sound and Vision March 8th 2013.