new drummer - what do you think?

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

johnny sox
Down In The Sewer

Post by johnny sox »

by the way the new drummer on the belgian tour is called neil. sorry.
i can imagine the stranglers with this line-up. where's the problem? probably the gigs will be more powerful with a young drummer than with jet.
me
Down In The Sewer

Post by me »

johnny sox wrote:by the way the new drummer on the belgian tour is called neil. sorry.
i can imagine the stranglers with this line-up. where's the problem? probably the gigs will be more powerful with a young drummer than with jet.
Back in the sox drawer for you Jonny!!
The drummer's name is JET.
The guest percussionist's name is NEIL.

Just how much POWER are you expecting from an acoustic gig?? :?
Scoot
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by Scoot »

johnny sox wrote:by the way the new drummer on the belgian tour is called neil. sorry.
Where's the problem???!!! Well, there's the mighty Jet for one. I know we live in a disposable society but have a bit of respect. 'The stranglers' are not most bands because how many can say after 30 years they still have 75% of the original membership thus to many of us they are more than their music (although the music's the most important thing!). Jet, Dave, JJ - if any one of them goes, 'the stranglers' are no more irrespective of the quality of music that comes from any subsequent formations. Scott.
Roy Batty
The Man They Love To Hate

Re: new drummer - what do you think?

Post by Roy Batty »

johnny sox wrote:hopefully the stranglers will win a lot of new teenager fans with the younger line-up (baz & nick).
hopefully the stranglers will call it a day if it ever get's to this!! and who's nick anyhoo??
URGH URGH URGH URGH!!!!
Roy Batty

Post by Roy Batty »

as me said, this guy is only a guest!! and not the drummer and the problem is you have a totally shite imagination!!!

the gigs are powerful enough, not a problem at lincoln the other week..
URGH URGH URGH URGH!!!!
helgy
Ugly
Ugly

Post by helgy »

the problem is only with people who cannot except change.
imho they would carry on and it would still be the stranglers but not in some people's mind.
Tim
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Tim »

dooom mongerers!
your brain's exposed and its starting to show your rotten thoughts YUK!
ThruBeingCool
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by ThruBeingCool »

Yeah! Doom mongrels!
Roy Batty

Post by Roy Batty »

helgy wrote:the problem is only with people who cannot except change.
imho they would carry on and it would still be the stranglers but not in some people's mind.
i think ive "excepted" change quite a lot over 30 years now i will be 47 in 2 weeks time and been a fan since i was "sweet 16" and to be honest think that if Jet did retire, then lets hope the band retire the stranglers brand, it dont mean the rest of the band have to pack in , just go under a different brand title or something just my opinion!!

respect to Jet is what is needed on this CRAP thread..
URGH URGH URGH URGH!!!!
christopher

Post by christopher »

If jet stops , I think the band will stop.

Mind you I thought that when hugh left,Paul left, john Ellis left. :oops:
hugh says"what ever happend to guilford high street"
Fuck knows to far away for me to see........
Frederik
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Frederik »

they could be a 3 piece with guest percussionists
Scoot
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by Scoot »

Bang on!!!!!! Scott.
Roy Batty wrote:
helgy wrote:the problem is only with people who cannot except change.
i think ive "excepted" change quite a lot over 30 years now i will be 47 in 2 weeks time and been a fan since i was "sweet 16" and to be honest think that if Jet did retire, then lets hope the band retire the stranglers brand, it dont mean the rest of the band have to pack in , just go under a different brand title or something just my opinion!!

respect to Jet is what is needed on this CRAP thread..