Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

nickinblack
Ugly
Ugly

Carnoustie anyone?

Post by nickinblack »

I'm not going,although I wish I was.
Scene of the last major golf title by a European when Paul Lawrie won in 1999 after Jean Van De Velde messed up.
Countless majors have sped by since and us Europeans have remained winless,but I reckon Carnoustie 2007 is where our luck will change and we'll have another European major winner.What do you golf fans out there reckon?
Congrats to Monty today for winning too.
behold the stranglers bring you aural sculpture
Freddie Laker
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Freddie Laker »

Nick - I'll be there for the first day's play on the Thursday. :grin:
Flying up silly o'clock Wednesday morning, playing both courses at Crieff in the afternoon.
Carnoustie all day Thursday to see how the game's supposed to be played, then we're playing Lundin Links Friday morning before flying home.
Of the Europeans, if only Sergio could sort out his putting, he could win a handful of majors. :oops:
Looking at the Brits, my money is on Justin Rose, though I suspect Luke Donald could sneak in under the radar.
As Tiger's recently become a Daddy, and hasn't played for several weeks, he may just be vulnerable this time. :o :grin:
Here's hoping...
nickinblack
Ugly
Ugly

Post by nickinblack »

I think Tiger finished 7th last time on 10 over.I don't think he'll do it this time either.He's already said he hopes the course is easier and fairer this time.I think an outsider may win again. Justin Rose and Luke Donald have a good chance,but if Paul Casey can string 4 rounds together he'll be there or thereabouts and my money would be on him and as an outsider Ian Poulter could do well.There are a good crop of British players with a chance.
Frome,Bilston and the Open- can't be bad mate.
mctownie
Ugly
Ugly

Post by mctownie »

nickinblack wrote:I think Tiger finished 7th last time on 10 over.I don't think he'll do it this time either.He's already said he hopes the course is easier and fairer this time.I think an outsider may win again. Justin Rose and Luke Donald have a good chance,but if Paul Casey can string 4 rounds together he'll be there or thereabouts and my money would be on him and as an outsider Ian Poulter could do well.There are a good crop of British players with a chance.
Frome,Bilston and the Open- can't be bad mate.
Should be good fun and lets hope the weather is shite to piss off all the Yanks. North winds blowing!!!!

Im afraid though I just cant see an Englishman or Scotsman winning it.

Rose & Donald have proved time and time again that when it comes to the finishing line they bottle it. Casey is strugglying, Monty despite today will never win a major.One of the decent Scandinavians could do a job and lets hope Eldrick is blown off course.

If anybody deosnt know I run a sports tipping service and my golf expert is good. I will let you know who he picks as soon as I get the info if anybody is interested.
Freddie Laker
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Freddie Laker »

nickinblack wrote:Frome,Bilston and the Open- can't be bad mate.
I know - I'm still not sure how I've got away with it myself. :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:
gizzard
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by gizzard »

I don't know which is the most boring :?:

Golf or Formula 1 :smt015

Sorry guys :!:

:lol:
''I THINK THE STRANGLERS ARE CRIMINALLY VULGAR, VIOLENT AND VORACIOUS, AND I OFTEN WONDER HOW THEY GET AWAY WITH IT.''
mctownie
Ugly
Ugly

Post by mctownie »

gizzard wrote:I don't know which is the most boring :?:

Golf or Formula 1 :smt015

Sorry guys :!:

:lol:
Depends how much money youve got on it and how they are doing!!!!!
steveareno
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by steveareno »

If anyone else has any interesting golf stories, then I'd love to hear thZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
'If there's no reason for your words, then your silence ain't absurd, if there's no reason for your breathing then it just won't do'
nickinblack
Ugly
Ugly

Post by nickinblack »

That's unlike you Steve to be so dismissive.
steveareno
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by steveareno »

nickinblack wrote:That's unlike you Steve to be so dismissive.
Agreed.
When in the pub, I tend to become a bit of a golf widow when friends start to discuss it.
I'm afraid it's a bit of a per hate of mine.
Either love it or hate it. I'm firmly in the latter camp I'm afraid.

Steveareno.
'If there's no reason for your words, then your silence ain't absurd, if there's no reason for your breathing then it just won't do'
Freddie Laker
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Freddie Laker »

Freddie Laker wrote:Of the Europeans, if only Sergio could sort out his putting, he could win a handful of majors. :oops:
Haven't seen any of the coverage from Loch Lomond so far this week, and won't see any over the weekend as I'll be spending the afternoons otherwise engaged on the way to/from Frome and Bilston. 8)
But I just checked Sergio's stats for today's round - 11 single putts, and seven 2 putts.
That's 25 in total, so if he keeps spanking the ball well and putting like that, he'll definitely be in with a chance.
I've backed him each way for next week at 33/1 to finish in the top 5. :wink:
Mind you, I also put a couple of quid on Nick O'Hern for The Open several months ago at 80/1 when he was playing well. Looks like that was a bit rash as he's been rubbish lately. :oops:
Niki Wu
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Niki Wu »

steveareno wrote:If anyone else has any interesting golf stories, then I'd love to hear thZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
Er....ditto!
How deep?