Things you fecken hate..........

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Bag Lady
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Re: Things you fecken hate..........

Post by Bag Lady »

Don't know about other areas but around here we seem to have to thank (as in wave to) almost every driver who pauses in their journey for you even when you have the right of way. End up flapping one hand around for half the journey. It's got so bad that I've found myself thanking people who have stopped at the red light at the temporary traffic lights in the village. I'm all for courtesy but...
No one can win against kipple.
elvisintheclouds
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by elvisintheclouds »

Bag Lady wrote: 25 Feb 2017, 18:46 Don't know about other areas but around here we seem to have to thank (as in wave to) almost every driver who pauses in their journey for you even when you have the right of way. End up flapping one hand around for half the journey. It's got so bad that I've found myself thanking people who have stopped at the red light at the temporary traffic lights in the village. I'm all for courtesy but...
Surely this belongs on the things that get you mildly miffed post!
And I know what you mean....
Thank you very much
EiTC
Bag Lady
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by Bag Lady »

elvisintheclouds wrote: 25 Feb 2017, 18:51
Bag Lady wrote: 25 Feb 2017, 18:46 Don't know about other areas but around here we seem to have to thank (as in wave to) almost every driver who pauses in their journey for you even when you have the right of way. End up flapping one hand around for half the journey. It's got so bad that I've found myself thanking people who have stopped at the red light at the temporary traffic lights in the village. I'm all for courtesy but...
Surely this belongs on the things that get you mildly miffed post!
And I know what you mean....
Yeah, very British problem :roll:
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

Yes but I bet you get annoyed if people don't thank you. I know I do!
Bag Lady
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by Bag Lady »

jason wrote: 25 Feb 2017, 19:13
That certainly gets me slightly mildly miffed. But don't get me started on people who thank you after they barge through as if you'd willing let them proceed rather than having had to slam your brakes on...
PaulinLondon
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by PaulinLondon »

BBC Weather Forecasts...

Sack the lot of them.
"Madame, Be in no doubt as to the seriousness of your position". The Day of the Jackal, 1973.
elvisintheclouds
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by elvisintheclouds »

Bag Lady wrote: 27 Feb 2017, 21:31
jason wrote: 25 Feb 2017, 19:13
That certainly gets me slightly mildly miffed. But don't get me started on people who thank you after they barge through as if you'd willing let them proceed rather than having had to slam your brakes on...
That applies to pedestrians also... esp. the commuting variety!
Thank you very much
EiTC
Turkey Troter
Rats Rally

Post by Turkey Troter »

PaulinLondon wrote: 27 Feb 2017, 23:04 BBC Weather Forecasts...

Sack the lot of them.
Several years ago, there was a motion in the house of commons put forward by some MP (I can’t remember who), saying that all Fortune tellers, Mystics and Palm readers etc. should have to prove that what they predict was in fact true and based on fact. Well I would go further and say that Weather forecasting should also be lumped in with these other forms of Witchcraft. I am sure if in any other profession we were so vague and wrong in our predictions we wouldn’t last the day. It’s time these fakers were shown as the frauds that they are.
Can't you see can't you see that you're rocking the boat?
PaulinLondon
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by PaulinLondon »

Turkey Troter wrote: 28 Feb 2017, 14:37 It’s time these fakers were shown as the frauds that they are.
Exactly.
"Madame, Be in no doubt as to the seriousness of your position". The Day of the Jackal, 1973.
Boody
Ugly
Ugly
Location: Arse end of commuter land, always looking for an escape

Things you fecken hate..........

Post by Boody »

PaulinLondon wrote:BBC Weather Forecasts...

Sack the lot of them.
Not sure you can sack a weather forecast. And if you mean forecaster, who would have the nerve to sack breakfast TV goddess and Stranglers fan Carol Kirkwood?
I can't help getting old. I just refuse to grow up.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Wasting time interviewing people who lie on their CVs. :smt013

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

Turning up for an interview and getting caught out for lying on your CV!