Tender loving care

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

ravenlunatic
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Tender loving care

Post by ravenlunatic »

Earlier this evening, I reluctantly spent some time painting skirting boards in the kitchen. In an attempt to take the edge off this rather unpleasant pastime, I took 3 Stranglers CDs to listen to.
Job complete, I returned to an altogether more pleasant and sedentry slouch in a comfy chair and awaited the return of my wife. She came home some time later, entered the kitchen and announced her intention to make some coffee, and would I like some? I responded with my customery grunt (of the type all too familiar to those who have been married for a very long time), and awaited said beverage.
Ten minutes later, peace is shattered by a loud "AGHH SHIT!" quickly followed by "AGHH FUCK IT THATS HOT!" Anything wrong dear? I enquired, "YES, I'VE SPILT BOILING COFFEE ALL OVER THE PLACE!" came the frantic reply.
Alarmed at this news, I jumped into action and ran into the kitchen to find coffee all over the worktop and wife running hand under cold tap.
She see's the concern on my face as I rush in, and her own face displays the kind of look that says "here's my white knight come to my rescue". This look disolves rather quickly however, as I rush past her and cross the kitchen to inspect the stack of CDs sitting on the coffee covered worktop. "Oh thank god for that, no harm done I mutter as I walk past her cradling my loved ones, to return them to the safety of the shelf on which they normally reside.
My dear beloved apears to have suffered no lasting effects, but is difficult to tell as she seems reluctant to enter into conversation with me for some reason. :lol:
I tried to make him laugh, He didn't get the joke, and then he said I wasn't right in the head.
PaulinLondon
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by PaulinLondon »

In similar circumstances, I keep all the the Strangs CDs stage left and 4 feet off the floor in the CD rack. If I want to listen to them in the presence of people who have yet to understand the preciousness of them, there is a delicate operation where the CD box and inlay card is kept well away of the woman and the kids where danger, aka, spilt soup or Heinz baked beans may loom.

My son is nine and has seen the band live on two occasions. He loves them in his own little way. That said, he is not going anywhere near the vinyl until he is 20. Not fucking interested.
"Madame, Be in no doubt as to the seriousness of your position". The Day of the Jackal, 1973.
ravenlunatic
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by ravenlunatic »

PaulinLondon wrote:
My son is nine and has seen the band live on two occasions. He loves them in his own little way. That said, he is not going anywhere near the vinyl until he is 20. Not fucking interested.
Or "those BIG CDs that you keep in that cupboard" as my own 9 year old describes them! :grin:
I tried to make him laugh, He didn't get the joke, and then he said I wasn't right in the head.
PaulinLondon
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by PaulinLondon »

ravenlunatic wrote:
PaulinLondon wrote:
Or "those BIG CDs that you keep in that cupboard" as my own 9 year old describes them! :grin:
:lol:
"Madame, Be in no doubt as to the seriousness of your position". The Day of the Jackal, 1973.
PaulinLondon
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by PaulinLondon »

Sorry.

"Yes!" :lol:

must not forget to add wording.... :-)
paulinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by paulinblack »

You mean...you mean...you mean you don't make copies of the albums and prolong the life of the cd's by only ever playing them once ? :shock: Bloody strange buggers you lot are ! My stuff is only played a few times in order to make countless copies (for personal use only) .

Paul
G-L-O-S...Living in a flood plain!
daniellameijvis
Rats Rally

Post by daniellameijvis »

I make copies of the albums too, the real CD's are capt in a safe place.
so nothing bad can happen to them.
DANIELLA