Anyone for cricket ?

Post by Keninblack »

Very addictive (and takes a while to load) - Here
PaulinLondon
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by PaulinLondon »

Arundel Cricket Ground.....

Went down to watch Sussex -v- Hampshire last Thursday and Friday at Arundel's lovely ground which is situated within the grounds of the town's incredible castle which is owned by The Duke of Norfolk (Coast). Basically, you walk up the main hill of the town, follow this astonishing castle wall with its huge 18th/19th century towers and then go through a hole in the wall to walk to the ground for the princely entrance fee of £11.

For me it was an excuse to take a couple of days off work and went with me ex-drummer who is cricket mad, likes The Stranglers (a lot) and is a good all round geeza. :grin:

Anyway, was amazed at how many spectators were getting absolutely pissed out of their brains during the two days play that we saw. I mean, can after can of larger and beer from 11am through to 6.30pm. It was quite amazing. Some Mums and Dads down there with their kids (who were no doubt bunking off school) and the parents just getting fucked out of their fat little faces while the kids tucked into Coca-Cola for the day. :?

Maybe football has got too expensive for the masses and it is easier to invade the much cheaper county cricket grounds and go on the piss all day ?

The ground is in a beautiful setting. The odd cricket anorak with his yellow socks and brown sandals ain't so beautiful. :smt078

Highlights :

The Eagle pub.

The Magna Tandoori bang opposite The Eagle pub.

:grin:
"Madame, Be in no doubt as to the seriousness of your position". The Day of the Jackal, 1973.
Organ Grinder
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Organ Grinder »

I'd begun to notice this piss-up phenomenon whilst watching England fans at test matches a few years back.

If you ask me that's half the attraction for most people because, lets face it, it's not exactly thrill a minute unless it's the last few crucial overs on the last day. You tellin me that ya can spot what spin technique Warna uses whilst sat 20 rows back in the stand some 200 yards away??

Thought about going along for an all day session myself, perhaps Dom or someone can tell us what the atmosphere is like because really, one can just buy a 12 pack of stella and do it much cheaper in the countryside. I do like cricket but knowing me would probably lose interest in the game after my 4th pint and be seekin' sum Stranglers, Motorhead or nightclub stimuli! Attention span of a knat after 4 pints, me. :?
If Dave was to use a Hammond L100 for just one more gig I'd die content.