VIZ

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

PaulinLondon
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

VIZ

Post by PaulinLondon »

I used to love reading Viz. It gave me a good old laugh every time but I think it has lost a bit of that "quality" factor in recent years.

I am sure many of you will remember the very funny characters and for me, I always looked forward to reading the various scenarios and adventures of Roger Mellie, Fucker Knuckles and Jump Jet Fanny.

The Letters page was at times hilarious. One of the letters to the Viz Editor went along the lines of :

"Dear Sir,

I am perplexed and at times angry as to how much attention human beings give to keeping themselves clean. They appear to spend hours in the bath or shower and spend forever in the bathroom attempting to make themselves look nice or smell fresh. They think they are so special and so smart.

Well, let me tell you something. I can sit on the floor and in one second, lift my leg in the air and lick my own arse gleaming clean in no time at all.

Kind regards.

Tiddles the cat".

And this :

"Sir,

These do-gooders are now telling us we shouldn't hunt elephants. Perhaps they'd like to explain where precisely we're going to get our ivory from?

Yours,

Matthew
Rotherham".

Or,

"Sir,

It's all very well Meg Ryan getting her kit off for her new film, but why wasn't she doing it twenty years ago before her puppies hit the pan?

Regards.

Luke
South Yorkshire".

And finally,

"Sir,

Hats off to the American police. They arrive at Michael Jackson's Neverland ranch to arrest him a mere six months after he admits climbing into bed with young boys on worldwide TV. Perhaps they should get some faster cars.

Lawrence
County Durham".

:P
"Madame, Be in no doubt as to the seriousness of your position". The Day of the Jackal, 1973.
gizzard
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by gizzard »

Yeah me too!

Johnny Fartpants, Biffa Bacon, Spoilt Kid and Roger Mellie The Man On The Tele were all classics.

Do you also remember Rude Kid?

'Come to the shops dear'

'Fuck Off!'

Classic :lol: :lol:
''I THINK THE STRANGLERS ARE CRIMINALLY VULGAR, VIOLENT AND VORACIOUS, AND I OFTEN WONDER HOW THEY GET AWAY WITH IT.''
paulinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by paulinblack »

Remember enjoying Viz for a short while, but found that it became very predictable and boring after a while.

Paul
G-L-O-S...Living in a flood plain!
PaulinLondon
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by PaulinLondon »

gizzard wrote:Do you also remember Rude Kid?

'Come to the shops dear'

'Fuck Off!'

Classic :lol: :lol:
:lol:

From the "Top Tips" section :

Weight watchers. Avoid that devilish temptation to nibble at the chocolate bar in the cupboard or fridge by not buying the fucking thing in the first place, you fat bastards.

HGV drivers. When climbing a long hill at 20 mph, the lane to drive in is the LEFT fucking one.

PEOPLE whose surname is Toblerone should always take along an empty 'Toblerone' chocolate box when attending interviews for office jobs. This would save your potential employer the expense of having to make a name plaque for your desk, and therefore increase your chances of getting the job.
"Madame, Be in no doubt as to the seriousness of your position". The Day of the Jackal, 1973.
yellowcakeuf6
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by yellowcakeuf6 »

paulinblack wrote:Remember enjoying Viz for a short while, but found that it became very predictable and boring after a while.
Yeah but fair do's.......................they always used to tell you that on the front cover. :lol:

Paul Whicker, Tall Vicar one of my favourites and in later years, Raffles - Gentleman Thug always makes me chortle.
Freddie Laker
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Freddie Laker »

Classic Johnny Fartpants line, "Aaargh, death at the hands of my own bottom". :lol: :lol: :lol:
PaulinLondon
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by PaulinLondon »

ANNOY and frustrate SpecSavers staff by wandering up to their counter, squinting your eyes whilst looking up at the price board, and when they ask if they can help you, saying "Big Mac Meal, please."

Richard Karslake, Oxon
Keninblack
Down In The Sewer

Post by Keninblack »

Drivers, why spend a fortune on personalised number plates, simply change your name to your registration plate through Deed Poll.

LPE669W, London
PaulinLondon
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by PaulinLondon »

BOMB disposal experts' wives. Keep hubby on his toes by packing his lunchbox with plasticine and an old alarm clock.
Organ Grinder
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Organ Grinder »

Do you remember the Roger Melly TV cartoons with Peter Cook doing the voiceover along with Harry Enfield? Pure class! 8)

"Hello, good evening, and bollocks"

"CUT!!"
If Dave was to use a Hammond L100 for just one more gig I'd die content.
Organ Grinder
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Organ Grinder »

If Dave was to use a Hammond L100 for just one more gig I'd die content.
ravenlunatic
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by ravenlunatic »

Black Bag, the faithfull border binliner, Reverant Ramsdens Ring Peice Catherderal, Millie Tunt, and Sexist 'gan us yu tits oot fer the lads' Sid.
And many more, all good stuff! :lol: