Expensive Rare/Collectible music stuff

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

DeadRinger
SHAKESPEARO

Expensive Rare/Collectible music stuff

Post by DeadRinger »

Has anyone ever picked up any rare and valuable music stuff ie: LPs etc?

I picked up a Radiohead Drill EP for £1 at a bootsale to later learn it was worth up to £200, I have since swapped it for other stuff of similar value but still not a bad pick up!

Aside from that I have some odd EP's like Brian May's Starfleet, Tori Amos' Crucify EP Boxset with art prints, Beatles Let it be boxed set LP with book....amongst many other things.

I did get a JJ single, Girl from the Snow Country.....but it turned out to be a fake re-issue, luckily it didnt cost me much.

DR
TWO SUNSPOTS
The Man They Love To Hate

Re: Expensive Rare/Collectible music stuff

Post by TWO SUNSPOTS »

[quote="DeadRinger"]Has anyone ever picked up any rare and valuable music stuff ie: LPs etc?

If you mean buying something cheap and then finding it is valuable then generally no, but i have bought loads of Stranglers rarities over the last year or so including : PEACHES (BLACKMAIL) / WHO WANTS THE WORLD (ACETATE) / NO MORE HEROES (ONE SIDED EDIT) / PEACHES (WHITE LABEL) etc

Also the DAMNED 1st lp with the HOT RODS COVER, MACHINE GUN ETIQUETTE white label.....

Still on the look out for more rarities all the time if anybody is selling....
Ian9331

Post by Ian9331 »

DeadRinger wrote:
I did get a JJ single, Girl from the Snow Country.....but it turned out to be a fake re-issue, luckily it didnt cost me much.

DR

I'm quite sure the 'fake re-issue' does carry some value. Obviously nothing like the original but i think even the 'fake re-issue' is quite difficult to get hold of now.
MULLY
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by MULLY »

I really enjoy trying to spot the next 'big thing' - not so much nowadays, but I used to but 2 of new 7" releases - hoping they will become collectable.

Best effort recently was Libertines 'What A Waster' 7" - 99p on release and sold on E-bay last year for £50.

Previous best effort was Oasis 'I Am The Walrus' 12" promo - a dear £60 from a collector shop, but resold for £300 (although I did hold onto it too long and should have made more selling it sooner)

Best Strangler discovery was Peaches radio edit in Wolverhampton Record Shop for £5 - played it 'cool' but nearly took the guys hand off when purchasing it!!

Trouble is I do have a load of 'doubles' that are worth f**k all :(
Allow me to re-arrange your face, sometimes I'd really like to get to know you better
cassydale

Post by cassydale »

Ian9331 wrote:
DeadRinger wrote:

I'm quite sure the 'fake re-issue' does carry some value. Obviously nothing like the original but i think even the 'fake re-issue' is quite difficult to get hold of now.
I think i got 2 or 3 of these in my vinyl collection somewhere.
John.H.

I Should Have Wrapped You Up And Kept You Safe,Instead I Turned My Back On You.
Alias
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by Alias »

MULLY wrote: Trouble is I do have a load of 'doubles' that are worth f**k all :(
I think i got 2 or 3 of these in my vinyl collection somewhere.
I'm a comedian and poet, so anything that doesn't get a laugh is a poem. B.Hicks.

"Further modulation of the frequency rotation, Triggered waveband activation - near elation"

'Why are you so edgy, kid ?'
Preacher man
Rats Rally

Post by Preacher man »

I have a copy of Golden Brown

But then again , 2 million other people have