The Bullets and the Hatred

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Organ Grinder
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

The Bullets and the Hatred

Post by Organ Grinder »

So what do you make of the devastation in Beirut? I wouldn't pretend to understand everything that's going on out there right now but the disproportionate response by the Isreali forces is begining to upset me.

The UN has condemned attacks by Isreal as being inhumane and aid is simply not getting through because Isreal won't provide safe access. Entire blocks have been levelled and disapproval mounts across the globe.

One thing that stands out in my mind is that had this been Saddam's actions then we'd be witnessing a VERY different response from the self proclaimed bastions of freedom - the UK and USA.

"I don't really know what I can see but I can see we're losing control"
If Dave was to use a Hammond L100 for just one more gig I'd die content.
andyinblack1
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by andyinblack1 »

i agree with you on this one, whydoes it seem that the isrealys have carte blanche to do whatever they please. all this for two soldiers being kidnapped,
what happened when ken bigley and co' were kidnapped......what did we do, send in a special envoy team, consisting of jack straw. lawdy lawdy!!!!!
the worlds gone mad!! :x
yellowcakeuf6
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Re: The Bullets and the Hatred

Post by yellowcakeuf6 »

Organ Grinder wrote:Entire blocks have been levelled
Unfortunately killing innocent civilians, including many many women and children.

The problem with Hezballah and other terrorist organisations is.........they tend to concentrate thier 'strongholds' in exactly these kind of locations. Then, thier PR men conduct guided tours of these very areas, to the blood-thirsty media of both West and East, dragging out seriously wounded civilians to display the inhumanity of 'The Great Satan'!

Just an observation................... :cry:
I wouldn't pretend to understand everything that's going on out there right now
You, me and millions of others OG mate.
Organ Grinder
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Organ Grinder »

Well as far as I can see, the Israeli's are stooping to the depths of terrorist organisations- if they feel they can justify these attcks simply because Hezballah has attacked Israeli civilian targets with suicide bombers then it's a poor old doo in my opinion. This latest coup of the kidnapped soldiers seems to be just the excuse they've been waiting for to unleash hell on innocent civilians. They have attacked vans taking wounded children to hospital and all sorts for Christ sake - that fucks me off.

I thought governments were supposed to rise above the terrorism element, instead Israel appear to have sunk to the same depths.

Again, just an observation and I'm sure many would disagree.
If Dave was to use a Hammond L100 for just one more gig I'd die content.
paulinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by paulinblack »

Complicated one this, but boiled down I think:

- Israel are a medium sized bully backed by a big bully
- Iraq has shown that a big bully can be given a bloody nose
- Noone is frightened of the big bully anymore
- Lebanon is being sacrificed in order to settle old scores
- Anyone for WWIII ?

Paul
G-L-O-S...Living in a flood plain!
HanGreenwell
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by HanGreenwell »

I'm going to join the fight in less than two weeks. I didn't read anyone's opinions of the fight cos I'd just get cross. And I aint gonna put my opinions on the site, cos youse'll all probably get cross. Just thought youse'd like to know that I'll be in the same hemisphere as most of youse really soon.
In the mean time, somone pointed me in the direction of 'spectre of love' and I am wondering how much love one is able to have for this band ... my love is endless. IN fact, when I am in the middle east, I shall play this song to all the chizbolah and all the IDF. They'll be dancing in the streets and throwing down their uzis and ridding themselves of their bombs in no time.
As I said to the person who pointed me in the direction of this great little ditty, these h awrties in black do the same stuff, just in a different order. Like, everything in life is a rehash of everything else, just with a bit of a difference here and there. Nothing is ever new. And that's why life is such a bore. But when someone encounters a rehash that ISN'T a bore, it makes life a bit less boring. Which is good in many ways.
Myspace is down for repairs. That makes life more boring. I have 'spectre of love' on repeat play. That makes life less boring. It's all about balance, innit?
Last edited by HanGreenwell on 24 Jul 2006, 08:59, edited 1 time in total.
to see you worm and squiggle now that things aint gaaaawrn yo' way!
HanGreenwell

Post by HanGreenwell »

Organ Grinder wrote:Well as far as I can see, the Israeli's are stooping to the depths of terrorist organisations- if they feel they can justify these attcks simply because Hezballah has attacked Israeli civilian targets with suicide bombers then it's a poor old doo in my opinion. This latest coup of the kidnapped soldiers seems to be just the excuse they've been waiting for to unleash hell on innocent civilians. They have attacked vans taking wounded children to hospital and all sorts for Christ sake - that fucks me off.

I thought governments were supposed to rise above the terrorism element, instead Israel appear to have sunk to the same depths.

For the sake maybe of Allah or maybe Hashem. Jesus don't really enter the picture, Jamie, schnookums.
Monkeyboy
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by Monkeyboy »

HanGreenwell wrote:
Organ Grinder wrote:Well as far as I can see, the Israeli's are stooping to the depths of terrorist organisations- if they feel they can justify these attcks simply because Hezballah has attacked Israeli civilian targets with suicide bombers then it's a poor old doo in my opinion. This latest coup of the kidnapped soldiers seems to be just the excuse they've been waiting for to unleash hell on innocent civilians. They have attacked vans taking wounded children to hospital and all sorts for Christ sake - that fucks me off.

For the sake maybe of Allah or maybe Hashem. Jesus don't really enter the picture, Jamie, schnookums.

why would you want to join this fight Hanna????.....are you from Israel?? or are you a Palastinian??
PaulinLondon
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by PaulinLondon »

Israel is surrounded by countries that seek its destruction. This applies to its northern, eastern and southern borders. To the west lies the Mediterranean Sea. Most of Israel's neighbours would wish to drive the Israeli population into the sea. This is why Israel has to take drastic action at times. If it takes its eye off the ball for even one second, it risks some form of attack.

That said, war is horrific. We all know that even if we have not experienced it first hand.

On a lighter note, I used to have a bootleg cassette recording of a Stranglers gig in Tel Aviv. I am pretty sure it was an outdoor gig done on one of the beaches. Cannot recollect which year it was but the band was brilliantly received by the locals. The crowd noise was louder than the music.
"Madame, Be in no doubt as to the seriousness of your position". The Day of the Jackal, 1973.
HanGreenwell

Post by HanGreenwell »

Monkeyboy wrote:
HanGreenwell wrote:

why would you want to join this fight Hanna????.....are you from Israel?? or are you a Palastinian??
Neither.
HanGreenwell

Post by HanGreenwell »

Monkeyboy wrote:
HanGreenwell wrote:

Neither.
Mitch K
Rats Rally

Post by Mitch K »

The trouble is, not only do the Palestinians/Lebanese have the neighbours from Hell, they don't have any oil ('cept maybe olive :wink: )..........So nobody gives a fook :roll:
Robinson Crusoe - worked hard all week and was buggered by Friday