Ivor Cutler RIP

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

mccardigan
Ugly
Ugly

Ivor Cutler RIP

Post by mccardigan »

Poet, singer and performing artist Ivor Cutler has died. His monotone utterings were a favourite of mine through the 80s and 90s. He was 83.
My favourite poem of his can be seen at the foot of all my posts.
if your breasts are too big you'll fall over. Unless, of course, you wear a rucksack.
Alias
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by Alias »

Another sad one. Saw that doc. on him a couple of months back and vowed to look out for some of his songs/CDs. Never got round to it though.
I'm a comedian and poet, so anything that doesn't get a laugh is a poem. B.Hicks.

"Further modulation of the frequency rotation, Triggered waveband activation - near elation"

'Why are you so edgy, kid ?'
paulinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by paulinblack »

Remember being introduced to 'Gruts' by a mad scientist in the 80s. Never quite got it.

Paul
G-L-O-S...Living in a flood plain!
steveareno
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by steveareno »

That's sad news. I used to enjoy his poetry on John Peel's show from the early 80's until Peelie's own sad demise. He was a big champion of IC.

Steveareno.
'If there's no reason for your words, then your silence ain't absurd, if there's no reason for your breathing then it just won't do'
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Just getting into this guy as well. I too saw the doc and managed to catch "Ivor's Last Stand" on the telly as well. RIP

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
ceebs
Rats Rally

Post by ceebs »

A great loss. Remember some of the late 80s being soundtracked by the Gruts LP. Managed to see him when he did a series of shows to promote that LP, and it was one of the most interesting and unusual shows i`ve seen.
No dreams go in, no dreams go out, of the hole in his wrinkled head.
seeingtree
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by seeingtree »

steveareno wrote:That's sad news. I used to enjoy his poetry on John Peel's show from the early 80's until Peelie's own sad demise. He was a big champion of IC.

Steveareno.
That's where I picked up on him as well. A session some time around 82/83 when he did a poem about playing with a grain of sand.

I went to see him in 99 at Queen's Hall in Edinburgh. Mostly 30 something noisy males who were all being a bit roudy - he silenced us all with a look.

Wonderful guy.
col in a go go