Boxing: Joe Calzaghe vs Jeff Lacey

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Boxing: Joe Calzaghe vs Jeff Lacey

Post by Arthur Streeb-Greebling »

Anyone see the fight early this morning? Jeez that was probably the best fight I have ever seen (at least since the Benn vs Eubank fights) Lacey acted like the typical cocky Yank saying what he would do to Calzaghe but Calzaghe knocked the shit out of him for 12 rounds, he gave him a relentless pounding with a barrage of punches round after round. Great boxing.

The fight is repeated on ITV at 11.30am, watch it.
Best fight you will ever see!
Skin Deep
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by Skin Deep »

Yep. Saw the repeat on Sunday morning and was glued to the set - despite my son's constant demands/whining for me to put the wrestling on. Philistine! :roll:

One of the best fights I've seen for a long time. I'm not a big boxing fan you understand but I enjoy it when I get the chance to watch. All too rarely these days.
"Life shows no mercy."
The Strangler
Ugly
Ugly

Post by The Strangler »

Yeh, i saw the fight too, after getting back from seeing The Buzzcocks in Pontypridd (mentioned it on that thread), so a good night all round. He hammered him for all 12 rounds.

There was a bit of controversy around these parts on Sunday, as local ITV showed football instead of a repeat of the boxing, so a lot of Welsh fans actually didnt get to see it :( :(
Rugby Union is not only the greatest team sport in the world on the field, but without a shadow of a doubt, is the greatest team sport in the world off the field. Nigel Owens.