A bottle (or 5) for the weekend

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Defo right about the choice of wines - you can find some real gems - I tend to go for complete unknown stuff

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
PaulinLondon
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by PaulinLondon »

theraven1979 wrote:Defo right about the choice of wines - you can find some real gems - I tend to go for complete unknown stuff

Jim
Agreed Jimbo. And rarely can you go wrong. Even if does meen the use of the odd ice cube here and there !
"Madame, Be in no doubt as to the seriousness of your position". The Day of the Jackal, 1973.
Organ Grinder
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Organ Grinder »

Just bought some Stella from the corner shoppe - having a Dave Gweenfield afternoon, which reminds me, must play that Big Thing Coming EPK thing again soon - he looked fucking pickled on that.... makes ya feel a bit better when you see shit like that doesn't it?! :lol:
If Dave was to use a Hammond L100 for just one more gig I'd die content.
PaulinLondon
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by PaulinLondon »

Organ Grinder wrote:Just bought some Stella from the corner shoppe - having a Dave Gweenfield afternoon, which reminds me, must play that Big Thing Coming EPK thing again soon - he looked fucking pickled on that.... makes ya feel a bit better when you see shit like that doesn't it?! :lol:
Superb ! :lol: :lol:
"Madame, Be in no doubt as to the seriousness of your position". The Day of the Jackal, 1973.
daniellameijvis
Rats Rally

Post by daniellameijvis »

Arthur Streeb-Greebling wrote:
theraven1979 wrote:How do you do it though? That's the $60,000 question for me. How do you manage to meet up with your mates on a lads night out and ask for a shandy? and then watch your mates getting shitfaced whilst you remained sober. Also, what about after a shitty week and the weekend is here - How do you not crack open a sexy bottle of red??!!

Also, what made you stop in the first place? The hangovers? The embarrasing nights out? The drunken fisitcuffs?

Jim
lol, all three and more!
Seriously though Im thinking of starting again, I really do miss getting pissed. I got addicted to Morphine for 5 years so that was all I needed but now Im off that now and are taking less stronger opiates.
That is my main buzz at the mo, mainly for medicinal purposes though.
Miss smoking too. I could quite easily start drinking and smoking tomorrow I guess.

Saying that Im quite big on keep fit at the moment and spend a lot of time mountain biking. I really used to fuck my body up big time with lots of drugs, booze & fags but have now gone to the other extreme by getting mega fit and clean and sobre.
Feel alot better for it too!
My complements for that Arthur Streeb-Greebling.
DANIELLA

Post by Guest »

Well I just finished my month off and as soon as I started drinking again I got this hacking cough !!!!

Fuck me I thought I'd given up smoking ????

:roll:
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Did you feel better for having a month off then or were you just a grumpy fucker? Don`t think I`d be able to do that - a week maybe!

Jim
Theresurearealotofthem... wrote:Well I just finished my month off and as soon as I started drinking again I got this hacking cough !!!!

Fuck me I thought I'd given up smoking ????

:roll:

Post by Guest »

I thought it might be difficult but it was quite refreshing, as I didn't wake up feeling like shit or want to throw up as I was working away after a heavy night - I think I am going to do it more often

:grin:
daniellameijvis
Rats Rally

Post by daniellameijvis »

I like to drink red wine, I prefer beaugolais or
bordeaux. At fryday we always go to my parents house, my brother
with his wife and kids, and Erik my husband and I with our children.
My brother and Erik like to drink Heineken beer.
DANIELLA
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Moved on from lager to red wine now Chocolate smoothy with shedloads of whiskey *belch*

Jim
Organ Grinder
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Organ Grinder »

I'll be on the good ole JD tomorrow night as my band are playing a gig and I can't seem to play these days without some booze in my blood stream! Although last weekend I went a bit too far, drinking pints of wine at a wedding no less, and fell off the organ on our penultimate number. The guitarist ripped into me with a "do that again and you're out on your ear!" speech and I was basically made to feel like a norty little schoolboy instead of the badass rock and roller with an edge that I secretly aspire to in my drunken mind when playing a gig! :lol:
If Dave was to use a Hammond L100 for just one more gig I'd die content.
PaulinLondon
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by PaulinLondon »

Have not had a drop of wine (or any other booze) for eight days now while I've been getting over flu and the temperature has been going down. Got to say that I feel a lot better for it but am missing a tipple at meal times.

A decent susbstitute has been tonic water with a bit of lime juice. Quite a nice bite to it. That said, missing the real stuff big time. Was hoping that this might be the beginning of "a month off booze" but I don't really see this getting off the ground. :roll: