Where does the time go.

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Toiler On The Sea
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Where does the time go.

Post by Toiler On The Sea »

Little Emily Toiler celebrated her 2nd birthday today.

Flat full of screaming Kidds.
All the Family gone home now, I'm sitting down to nice glass of Bardolino and some Quality Time with Mrs Toiler.

Can't remember what Einstein said about "time speeding up the older you get" or something like that, or is it just me?

All in all a great day.
"They don’t come much better than The Stranglers when performing live; there is no pretence, no hiding place, just superb music"

Liverpool Sound and Vision March 8th 2013.
daniellameijvis
Rats Rally

Post by daniellameijvis »

Happy birthday to your little Emely, Toiler On The Sea.
she had a nice party so I see. Olso to you and your misses happy birthday
with your child.
DANIELLA
Alan A Hillier
The Man They Love To Hate

Re: Where does the time go.

Post by Alan A Hillier »

Toiler On The Sea wrote:Little Emily Toiler celebrated her 2nd birthday today.

Flat full of screaming Kidds.
All the Family gone home now, I'm sitting down to nice glass of Bardolino and some Quality Time with Mrs Toiler.

Can't remember what Einstein said about "time speeding up the older you get" or something like that, or is it just me?

All in all a great day.

Nice one Toiler...................I prefer white meself

I don't know too much about old Albert Einstein (Well I do actually) but what I do know is that time does seem to speed up (especially when your having fun)

I started relatively late in the 'kids' department
(JIM ARE YOU READING THIS) and I didn't actually get married untill I was 31 but just now my kids are suddenly doing what all kids must do......They are growing up.

My biggest worry when they were all toddlers was that one of them would turn out like me......a proper little tearaway.......and to some extent (A Large extent in fact) my fears have been founded in my middle daughter EMILY.......(YIKES)

When I think back to what my old man put up with when we were going through the punk thing, I really do have to hold my hands up and say that I have a complete new understanding (and respect) for him because of my own experiences (and that's the way it always is apparently)

In Hinsight He was fucking brilliant with all us lot and I would love to know if I could have been as cool as he was given the same circumstances (I DONT THINK SO SOMEHOW)

I hope Jean Jacques Burnel still remembers kipping around my Dads gaff and being fed and looked after by my dear old mum and my dad waking up to go to work at 5am and popping his head around the lounge door only to find a combination of Finchley Boys and Stranglers all kipping all over the sofa and the floor and my Dad calmly saying

"Cup of tea lads"

I think I have done OK in the parenting department although as my kids get older I am kind of taking on a new more aggressive persona when dealing with the shit that I know that they have to face .

"Tell them Em..............tell them James if they fuck with you.they are fucking with me"......I actually think somedays that I am turning in to Al Pacino

To all this irrational nonsense my son who is far more intelligent than I have ever been just "Chill Dad....work your Mojo Pappa Joe " (An in joke)

Toiler.......................Love these days when you can sling them on your shoulder.........love it all............

Al
TO INFAMY AND........................... BEYOND
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

All the best to you and your family Toiler. I`m with you on the time thing - bloody scary. Xmas upon us soon - where did that year go?!!

What was it Ferris said "..blink and you`ll miss it" - no shit!!!

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Nice one Al - I`m gonna beat you fella cos marriage ain`t on the cards for another 2 years - I`ll be 32. Your Dad sounds like a star Al. I`m sure you`re doing a great job yaself.

Jim
spacekitten
SHAKESPEARO
Location: That piece of Ireland that forsaketh all understanding

Post by spacekitten »

Whoa, Theraven, you're the same age as me?

Belated happy birthday to little Emily Toiler. My littleun's are done with birthdays for this year, thankfully.
Freddie Laker
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Freddie Laker »

I know what you mean, Toiler.
Verity Laker just celebrated her 4th birthday, and it only seems like yesterday that we were bringing a newborn baby home for the first time.
I hit 40 last year, and can remember hitting 30 like it was a few weeks ago...where the hell did those 10 years go? :shock:
seeingtree
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by seeingtree »

Who was it said 'youth is wasted on the young?'

If I'd known how fast time would speed up when I were a young 'un I'd have been more appreciative I think.

Me and the other half have been going out nearly 20 years now and we're still not quite sure if we like each other enough to get married :-) We keep trying to break up but it never quite works. I'm thinking next year we'll get married on the 20th aniversary of the day we met - Sandie Shaw concert, QM, Glasgow.

It is amazing where the time goes though.
col in a go go
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Yep I'm 84 years young

Jim
spacekitten wrote:Whoa, Theraven, you're the same age as me?

Belated happy birthday to little Emily Toiler. My littleun's are done with birthdays for this year, thankfully.
spacekitten
SHAKESPEARO
Location: That piece of Ireland that forsaketh all understanding

Post by spacekitten »

You don't look a day over 46.