Who's everyone voting for

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

raveninblack
Ugly
Ugly

Post by raveninblack »

Saved me a job there cassini....cheers. :grin:

cassini wrote:On the contrary, economic growth in most of the eurozone countries, excluding Germany which has significant structural problems, has been conistently high since 2001.

The EU is our biggest trading partner, and we are denying ourselves the full benefits of being members of the Single Market when other EU member states have to convert to sterling every time they trade with us. By keeping sterling, we have created an unnecessary barrier to trade with 25 of the biggest economies in the world and made it more difficult for British companies, especially small businesses, to export to the rest of the EU.

Don't listen to the jingoistic Tory rhetoric about selling out to Brussels - this is not about a loss of sovereignty but purely about adopting the currency that performs most effectively in a globalised world of integrated markets.

erm .. lecture over!

cassini
just hanging around
raveninblack
Ugly
Ugly

Post by raveninblack »

and I dont have to change my money every time I pop across the channel! :evil:
just hanging around
paulinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by paulinblack »

cassini wrote:On the contrary, economic growth in most of the eurozone countries, excluding Germany which has significant structural problems, has been conistently high since 2001.

The EU is our biggest trading partner, and we are denying ourselves the full benefits of being members of the Single Market when other EU member states have to convert to sterling every time they trade with us. By keeping sterling, we have created an unnecessary barrier to trade with 25 of the biggest economies in the world and made it more difficult for British companies, especially small businesses, to export to the rest of the EU.

Don't listen to the jingoistic Tory rhetoric about selling out to Brussels - this is not about a loss of sovereignty but purely about adopting the currency that performs most effectively in a globalised world of integrated markets.

erm .. lecture over!

cassini
BUT...I can't make as much money as I once did through moving money around Europe ! Furthermore, when the Euro came in then inflation rose in each country and so did prices - everything was rounded up.

Tis all swings and roundabouts.

Paul
G-L-O-S...Living in a flood plain!
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Thanks Cassini

I think it will be a close one but Labour will get back in thanks to the Sun readers :roll:

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
cassini
Ugly
Ugly

Post by cassini »

never mind the election, which is pretty much a foregone conclusion ... how about the reshuffle the day after? My predictions:

- a new Minister for Migration will be appointed, working for both the Home Office and the FCO

- Blunkett to come back as Chairman of the Labour Party

- Stephen Byers to come back to Cabinet

- Patricia Hewitt sacked

- Jack Straw to be appointed Leader of the House

- Ed Balls to become Chief Secretary to the Treasury

- Hillary Benn to become Foreign Secretary

- Douglas Alexander to become International Development Secretary

Apologies if this all sounds anally retentive, and it doesn't really matter very much .. what matters is when Gordon gets the top job (Autumn 2007 is my guess)

Cassini
daniellameijvis
Rats Rally

Post by daniellameijvis »

Paul wrote:I'm not telling anybody.
however it is very important to vote.
most folk probably won't bother this time, which is sad.
I agree with you, its important that everyone is going
DANIELLA
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

http://thescotsman.scotsman.com/index.cfm?id=611492005

Think I'll stick with my intial view.

Jim

erm .. lecture over!

cassini
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
Toiler On The Sea
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Toiler On The Sea »

A 'United' Europe was a fantastic idea, and only that.

People are getting pissed off at their own countries politicians telling them what to do, never mind some faceless Eurocrat, who wouldn't know democracy if it jumped up and bit him/her/transgendered/whatever.

Where's Sadam when He's needed??
"They don’t come much better than The Stranglers when performing live; there is no pretence, no hiding place, just superb music"

Liverpool Sound and Vision March 8th 2013.
paulinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by paulinblack »

I'm one day looking forward to returning to the PRC - The People's Republic of Chalford ! :grin:

Paul
G-L-O-S...Living in a flood plain!
daniellameijvis
Rats Rally

Post by daniellameijvis »

I would like to have ower Florin back,
everithing is much more expencive sins we have the Euro
:( :(
DANIELLA