There's life Jim but not as we know it .... www.binar.co.uk
Alenyx
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by Alenyx »

Sorry?
Paul Mason
SHAKESPEARO

Post by Paul Mason »

Does Prince Harry wearing a Nazi Swastika upset the Germans?
Alenyx
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by Alenyx »

The press in Germany reflects the same opinion the Sun does... I csn't speak for Germans in general, but I don't feel insulted by it... Why should I? I don't identify with these symbols... It's just the general reaction on it that upsets me... as I said I think it's only provocation...
Alex
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Alex »

Alenyx wrote:as I said I think it's only provocation...
I think it was a fancy dress party, that's all.
look I've got a microphone, I can speak about 2000 times louder than any of you idiots, alright!.....However loud you shout........SHUT UP!!...YA BUNCH OF MORONS !!!!!
Alenyx
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by Alenyx »

So it's common to pick Nazi uniforms for fancy dress parties in Britain? ;)
Paul Mason
SHAKESPEARO

Post by Paul Mason »

Don't be stupid, be a smarty
Come and join the Nazi Party

:D
Alenyx
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by Alenyx »

your place or mine? :;):
evonx
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by evonx »

I'm sorry but coming from a family in which some people still relive the horrors of WW 2 and of which about 70+ died in a.o. the concentratiion camps I cannot see any fun in wearing such a costume.
It is 60 years ago yes, but time does not say a lot to some people who have lived though it at the time.
--eric--
i was attracted by a night torchlight parade
and there i came
Dom P
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by Dom P »

It is quite serious, depending on circumstances this guy come become head of state. His judgment in choosing such a costume for a party is in question. Also in question is why no-one in the family stopped him going out dressed like that.

Punks used to wear swastikas, but in isolation... Harry had the whole uniform. Then again, I used to be able to dress my Action Man in a variety of nazi stormtrooper costumes. But they were toys and couldn't become king.

Given the current royal family's familial ties with Germans, nazi party members and the upcoming remembrance, it is definitely news. Is he trying to tell us something?

It has constitutional significance in that a freak accident wiping out Liz, Chas and Will would put the bastard son of James Hewitt and Diana Spencer on the throne... and he's that much of a fuckwit that the government, in that event, would have no choice but to abolish the monarchy immediately...

To say it's on the front page to cover up more important news is also misguided in my opinion. Harry is not just a nobody... he's a public figure and the treatment of his mother should have taught him that. If he had considered for one moment that wearing that kit could be offensive to someone, he should not have worn it. That he ended up wearing it says alot about his, and his family's, level of connection with the real world.

:wanker:

Edited By Dom P on 1105657516
"I think you guys are going to have to come up with some wonderful new lies, or people just aren't going to want to go on living." -- Slaughterhouse-Five
Alenyx
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by Alenyx »

Almost everyone comes from a family with losses and people who suffered at the time... my grandfather was imprisoned at the age of barely 16 by Czech soldiers.. he was tortured and raped... my grandparents both coming from a Polish area had to escape to Germany...
And as I said I didn't want to minor the horrors... I just think that people still take it too serious... it's still like a looming shadow in Germany...
A country is nothing to be proud of as you've got no influence on where you're born, but you shouldn't have to be ashamed of your background either...
evonx
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by evonx »

you shouldn't have to be ashamed of your background either...

I agree on that of course. I just think that when you say people take it too serious you perhaps don't realize how much of what happened in WW2 is still a large shadow in some peoples daily lives. Believe me, I know what I'm talking about sadly enough...
--eric--
i was attracted by a night torchlight parade
and there i came