Top Secret: The Official Line - You have been warned!

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

C r a s s !
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by C r a s s ! »

Top Secret: The Official Line

It was Sunday lunch time and I was sat at my desk in my den at home. The date was 11th January 2004, around 1.30pm. I was on the phone, talking to a Stranglers fan friend of mine, and we got on to the subject of The Meninblack. This was not particularly unusual, as he has been a Stranglers fan as long as he has known me, some 22 years, and we quite often talked some Stranglers talk. But what happened next was distinctly unusual.

I was telling him about the recent spate of Norfolk Coast promotional paraphernalia that I’ve seen on Ebay, and their subsequent disappearance, courtesy of the powers that be. I have been told of some heavy-handed over-reaction from a record company, with some panicking knee-jerk paranoia and suppression. Perhaps someone should tell them that fans collect pre-release promotional paraphernalia, and fans buy the real McCoy when it comes out. But they’ll need a team of market researchers to find that out for them. I leaned back chatting in my creaky chair, pontificating as I gazed out of the window across the sunny rooftops.

To the right of my desk sits the window, situated about 3ft away from where I sat. The window is 4ft in height, and 21/2ft wide with a horizontal bar halfway up that dissects the window into two roughly equal halves. That morning, because it was such a nice day, I had peeled back the curtains, pegging them back, exposing the bare window. The view of the clear blue sky was a pleasant hiatus after the grey clouds of late, even though it was windy and cold out. The heating was on full blast, so I opened the window an inch to let some air in. The upper window is fixed and doesn’t open.

As I spoke on the phone, appearing in the upper pane as clear as daylight was something shining in the sky. It was moving quite quickly, and I began to concentrate on its trajectory. It was bright, brilliant in fact, but I was aware that the sunlight might be playing tricks with my eyes. I focused my eyesight on it as I stumbled and tripped over my words. I was aware that it was something remarkable, in that it was different in some way to anything I had seen before. Trying to logically rationalise, I deliberately tried to imagine it was a bird. If it was proven otherwise, then it would be something else. A bird with stretched out wings might use the wind currents to hover, to conserve energy, and appear motionless at first sight. A bird can only fly so high, and would have to go higher and further away for me not to recognise it’s obvious form. But it was not a bird, nor was it a plane. For one, there were no wings. Secondly, it made no sideways movement from the effects of the strong gusty winds that were present.

A hang-glider perhaps? But again, no wings, nor wind movements. I was hoping for a change of direction, or an altered shine form the sun to shed some light, for use of a more apt term. But nothing changed. It just moved, hovering, travelling at quite a rate, that appeared purposeful and seamless. A jet engine? With humid exhaust emissions from the jet engine, contrails should have been expected, trailing from the engines in white lines. Of course, knowing the size of what I was watching, a huge aircraft would have to be higher than, say a bird. The higher the jet, the more of a likelihood of the presence of contrails. The weather conditions were certainly cold enough for contrails, but alas, they were simply not there. Nor were the wings of any such aircraft.

As words failed me, I stopped my conversation and told my friend about what I was watching. Needless to say, he seemed surprised. I stood up with the phone and carefully observed as it crossed from left to right. Running out of reasonable ideas, I finally imagined a balloon perhaps, set free from a kiddies party, floating up towards the ether. But again, the evidence ruled that out. It was bright, as bright as chrome. As I squinted my eyes to see beyond the dazzling halo, I could tell that it was not round, not oval, but considerably wider than taller.

I often smirked at reports of sightings in the sky where strange unidentifiable objects are described as cigar-shaped, and I jokingly imagined whether any of these potentially dubious witnesses, in the eyes of this UFO sceptic, knew the difference between a Slim Panatella and a Havana. But at the risk of coining this dreadful colloquialism, it was cigar shaped. Almost Havana-like. I couldn’t see any corners, nor roundness for that matter, but to describe its proportion, it was like watching a metal 6â€
http://www.strangled.co.uk/ The unofficial Stranglers site.

la_folie
SHAKESPEARO

Post by la_folie »

I bet it was a speck on your window!

:D

Jim
helgy
Ugly
Ugly

Post by helgy »

The Soviet deputy minister of Defence Ivan Tretyak in the 9th November Literaturnaya Gazeta , a large weekly newspaper with national circulation .Tretyak , who also holds the positions of commander in chief of the air defence forces and general of the army , confirmed that fighter interceptors had encountered unidentified flying machines in Soviet air space .Literaturnaya Gazeta columnist O. Moroz asked Tretyak if the air defence forces regard the flight of UFO’s in Soviet airspace as a violation of the sovereignty of the USSR . Tretyak replied that it is premature to see UFO’s as a threat to Soviet security or sovereignty because although pilot reports indicated the UFO’s appeared to be of artificial origin, their real nature has not yet been determined . observing that most previous UFO sightings had been explained as natural phenomena or as a misinterpretation of optical phenomena associated with rocket launches or the artificial debris that is congesting space near earth , Tretyak added many of the phenomena taken for UFO’s are caused by the penetration of cosmic rays through ozone holes which are formed during rocket launches. he revealed that the military knew some of the famous ufo sightings in the late 1970’s could have been explained by making this effect public knowledge but that for security reasons nothing was written about it
Add further to this a Russian broadcast in 1951 slated by the USA .
The Russian broadcast stated that the U.S. knew all along the harmless nature of these objects and there aim was to fan war hysteria, American propaganda to promote a threat from Eastern countries.
The shapes and sizes of the Ehlere gizmos at Arcata California can furnish a fairly good basis for assumptions though the visible object and the invisible records which Ehlers is recording, must be viewed with the thought that until ionisation is great enough to become luminescent, the invisible forms may appear as irregular patches.

It would not be until visibility begins, when the ionisation is sufficient to assume a shape that any discernment as to the ball form or any variation of it or any variation of it could be noted.

The hole in the centre portion of the phoenix disc would in my opinion, have been due to a temporary absorption of the ultra microwave core of the ray form by the outer ionised long wave action, leaving a temporary hole or non ionised area.
Alan A Hillier
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by Alan A Hillier »

http://www.aliensurgeon.com/ufo1479.htm

Gary

You join an illustrious and ancient order my son............But..........why is it that we do not have one single piece of evidence (that would stand up in court) to support it.

There must have been millions of people who have witnessed things that they could not explain (Most of mine have been under the influence of drink or drugs) That fact is interesting in itself. I have to admit that the whole thing interests me immensley but as I have mentioned in a piece about Johnny Rubbish some time ago, the human mind (and not always when it is rearranged with Hallucinogenic drugs) is capable of playing extraordinary jokes on us.

If you have ever met anyone who has driven themselves home, whilst being a passenger in the back seat at the same time ....you might know what I mean.

I would never suggest that the thousands of extraordinary accounts of UFO sightings all fall into this catagory, but like 'Ghosts' the experiece of the individual is far more intense and overwhelming than the hard evidence to support it.

My grandad used to mesmerise us as kids with spooky tales about his four years as a seargent in France and Belgium in WW1.......believe me, you would not have wanted to have told him that he had not seen all the things that he said that he'd seen...........I dont think it's about trying to disproove peoples accounts in any case.

Another good example of the belief system that kicks in on some occasions was another little ditty I related about a mate of mines dad who was a copper down in 'Jack the ripper' land in the late 1940's........The experience of that guy was 'real' except he did not have the whole story.....stuff of legend in his family no doubt.

This cigar shaped vision, as the link suggests, has been around for a long time.......I hope we will not have to wait another 550 years to get some proof.

Bloody interesting though Gaz...........

Al

P.s...Were there any other people that saw it??
TO INFAMY AND........................... BEYOND
Dom P
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by Dom P »

That sounds good. I have only seen them at night, and they were so black, I don't know what they'd look like in the sunshine.

But I know what you mean about that feeling that coldly creeps up on you, like an imaginary vampire-taranatula, creeping up your leg, as you realise you maight be witnessing the other-wordly, right here and right now, and that loosening of the bowel, and the sparkle on the brain...

A UFO.

:blues:
"I think you guys are going to have to come up with some wonderful new lies, or people just aren't going to want to go on living." -- Slaughterhouse-Five
C r a s s !
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by C r a s s ! »

And guess what? It didn't even occur to me to take a photo of it until the NEXT DAY!! I even had my camara in the same room! Didn't cross my mind.

Maybe as I was concentrating on finding the logic behind it, rather than thinking "where's me camara so that other people can believe me easier..." I suppose I was more interested in finding out what it was, which for me, wasn't a bad thing. But you're right Ala - it wouldn't stand up in a court of law.

Plus, I was on the phone at the time, which didn't help.

C R A S S
http://www.strangled.co.uk/ The unofficial Stranglers site.

helgy
Ugly
Ugly

Post by helgy »

probabily the best photo i have seen look at this site .
http://energy21.freeservers.com/grangemouth.htm
it will make you think .well for a bit .