Do You Like Cricket?

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

strangledinAuch
The Man They Love To Hate

Do You Like Cricket?

Post by strangledinAuch »

Well the lads seem to,well Hugh anyway

Looks like the bloody convicts are gonna retain the Ashes today,bar another bloody miracle

Sussex man myself,being born & bred on the south coast

What about you?
See You At The Bar
Jon the Impaler
The Raven
The Raven

Re: Do You Like Cricket?

Post by Jon the Impaler »

strangledinAuch wrote: 08 Sep 2019, 09:49 Well the lads seem to,well Hugh anyway

Looks like the bloody convicts are gonna retain the Ashes today,bar another bloody miracle

What about you?
Hated it as a kid , I was pretty useless at it so usually tried to knock my own wicket over so I didn't have to carry on . Mind you as I was crap I didn't really need to do that as a bowler on target would pretty much do the same thing as I inevitably flailed wildly and missed . I can sort of watch it for a short while now though , don't play though . Football is my spot really , though in competition I was did running ( Xcountry , trail , fell and road running , NOT track ) . Did judo to a reasonable level . football though is my favourite sport though stopped playing 20 years ago as it interfered with running at which I was better . I do like most sports as a spectator , with exception of rugby which I loathe ( union version with toffs ) .
All quiet ..........
strangledinAuch

Jon the Impaler wrote: 08 Sep 2019, 10:43
strangledinAuch wrote: 08 Sep 2019, 09:49 Well the lads seem to,well Hugh anyway

What about you?
Hated it as a kid , I was pretty useless at it so usually tried to knock my own wicket over so I didn't have to carry on . Mind you as I was crap I didn't really need to do that as a bowler on target would pretty much do the same thing as I inevitably flailed wildly and missed . I can sort of watch it for a short while now though , don't play though . Football is my spot really , though in competition I was did running ( Xcountry , trail , fell and road running , NOT track ) . Did judo to a reasonable level . football though is my favourite sport though stopped playing 20 years ago as it interfered with running at which I was better . I do like most sports as a spectator , with exception of rugby which I loathe ( union version with toffs ) .
I only played at school level,carried on with the football when I left (pub level only)
My brother won the Sussex county final with our school
Watched the final at Hove and Alan Wells my brother's best mate at the time scored 120 odd not out
I remember him coming round our house with No More Heroes under his arm
Couldn't believe it when he got to play for England
Someone who lived in our street in little old Newhaven playing for England
See You At The Bar
zamaguire

Post by zamaguire »

Love it. Played club cricket for 20 years. Great to see Ireland in test cricket.
strangledinAuch

zamaguire wrote: 08 Sep 2019, 11:21 Love it. Played club cricket for 20 years. Great to see Ireland in test cricket.
Is cricket on the up in Ireland?

In some ways it's a shame they didn't win that Lords test

Did it get much coverage?
See You At The Bar
zamaguire

Post by zamaguire »

It is. We have the world cup winning captain you know. We got great publicity after skittling England,. A pity we couldn't win it.