Burning up time on Facebook

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Burning up time on Facebook

Post by jason »

I've noticed this is an open group. Doesn't this mean anyone can see people's comments on it? Wouldn't it be better if it was a closed group ? I think a lot of other bands FB groups are closed. If I want to talk about the Stranglers all night I don't my other FB friends seeing that. Have I got a point or I have I got this wrong?
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Re: Burning up time on Facebook

Post by theraven1979 »

Can't really say I've given it any thought. The problem with "closed groups" is that it all becomes a bit secret squirrels and all that.

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

I guess in some ways it's good some people on the outside will see posts about the band but I personally would prefer to use it in a private group like this. Maybe that's just me though.
MULLY
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by MULLY »

We don't need a return to the Sensitive Squirrels :twisted:
Allow me to re-arrange your face, sometimes I'd really like to get to know you better
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

:lol:
MULLY wrote: 21 Feb 2019, 13:30 We don't need a return to the Sensitive Squirrels :twisted:
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
Ravenette
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Ravenette »

jason wrote: 20 Feb 2019, 19:48 I've noticed this is an open group. Doesn't this mean anyone can see people's comments on it? Wouldn't it be better if it was a closed group ? I think a lot of other bands FB groups are closed. If I want to talk about the Stranglers all night I don't my other FB friends seeing that. Have I got a point or I have I got this wrong?
Why are you concerned about your other FB friends seeing what you post? If you want to talk Stranglers all night on a dedicated page that's your prerogative as an individual, stuff what other people may think.
I've got some chloroform and handcuffs, just for you.
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

A lot of similar groups on Facebook are closed so I just thought Burning up time would be too but it's no problem. I've shared Stranglers songs on Facebook before to my friends and closed music groups. I guess if its an open group it promotes the band more which is no bad thing.