When Was The Last Time You Saw A Rat?

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

suchi
Ugly
Ugly

Re: When Was The Last Time You Saw A Rat?

Post by suchi »

We live next to a farm so see super sized genetically modified rats regularly.. but you kind of get used to them. Loads of rattyroadkill too.
Mice... Jim, I used to be all humane with ‘em... but once they start shitting and chewing your shit. Peanut butter on a good old fashioned trap... end of problem, you won’t feel a thing. 👍
Isolate the critisism and pass it on.
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

Yes they love peanut butter!
Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Arthur Streeb-Greebling »

I’m not a Rat expert so was wondering are they mostly Rattus Norvegicus rats out there or are called summat else? doh! just realised Rattus Norvegicus are mainly just Sewer Rats aren’t they?
We need to get Dave G on ere with his Rat expertise.

Last mouse I saw was at my mum & dads, not actually in the house but in the ‘outhouse’, it was so bloody cute and I just left it alone to get on with its life, it was doing no harm.
Different matter if you’ve got em in the house though, must frustrating. Now I ive in a flat on the 7th floor and I’m amazed at all the bugs up ere, even saw a snail on my balcony the other day and it’s fun watching the Squirrels climbing up the walls all the way to the 9th floor! Amazing!

How the hell do all these bugs and shit get up ere? Must be brought up by birds, Pigeons etc.

Now I never had a problem with Pigeons but since moving in here 6 years ago I f’ in HATE them, horrible waddling dirty little noisy shitty cnuts, shitting everywhere and making that horrible repetitive deep noise they make drives me insane.
There’s two who build a nest near the bin chute, as soon as you bin the nest they’ve rebuilt in about an hour or two. They’ve been here for years, just wont feck off.

My neighbour is brutal as soon as they lay their eggs in the nest next to the bin chute, he picks em up and chucks the eggs down the bin chute, I can’t do that but guess I should cos there’s just 100’s of em in these 3 blocks of flats and we don’t need even more, Leeds City Council are useless and will do nowt about them.

Btw I’ve heard for 20+ years that we have Deer down here in Adel Woods behind my block of flats and not too long ago I had the privilege of seeing two of them walk into the woods, beautiful things, I whistled down to them and they stared up at my for a good 60 seconds, lovely, we’ve got shed loads of Foxes here too, I like them too.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

Arthur Streeb-Greebling wrote: 13 Dec 2018, 22:25 I’m not a Rat expert so was wondering are they mostly Rattus Norvegicus rats out there or are called summat else? doh! just realised Rattus Norvegicus are mainly just Sewer Rats aren’t they?
We need to get Dave G on ere with his Rat expertise.

The Brown Rat or (Rattus Norvegicus) is the most common rat in Britain,the other species is the Black Rat (Rattus Rattus) which came to Britain on ships,years ago.That is more common in Port areas,and smaller than the Brown Rat.I am always seeing Rats in sunny Salisbury,they keep on trying to
poison them but they get immune to it.Hence "There be called the Survivors","Cos there going to Survive".
Snowbird
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by Snowbird »

Had a rat in our flat next to a canal a few years ago. Made the big mistake of getting pest control to put bait under the floor boards. The pest controller assured me that the poison makes them dehydrated so they seek a source of water I. e leave the flat.Did it fuck. The bastard died under the floor and promptly started to decompose. What a fucking smell. It took weeks to clear.
A rope ladder of hair.A Babylon for him to climb.
Niki Wu
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Niki Wu »

A rather healthy looking specimen of brown rat ran across my path as I was leaving the city dump last weekend. It was the first I've seen in good while.
strangledinAuch
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by strangledinAuch »

Saw one this morning,on my delivery round at around 6.30 pitch black
Funny thing was,there was around 3 or 4 little restaurants in he vicinity,but this rat seemed to be heading for the hairdressers
See You At The Bar
MULLY
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by MULLY »

Say quite a few in The House of Commons last night :twisted:
Allow me to re-arrange your face, sometimes I'd really like to get to know you better
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Mully ladies and gentlemen. He's here all week

Jim
MULLY wrote: 16 Jan 2019, 11:27 Say quite a few in The House of Commons last night :twisted:
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
MULLY
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by MULLY »

theraven1979 wrote: 16 Jan 2019, 14:55 Mully ladies and gentlemen. He's here all week

Jim
MULLY wrote: 16 Jan 2019, 11:27 Say quite a few in The House of Commons last night :twisted:
:lol:
Allow me to re-arrange your face, sometimes I'd really like to get to know you better
MiB81
The Raven
The Raven

Post by MiB81 »

Does in the bathroom mirror count?
...I'm making lists of all the people I love,
and all the cunts that should fuck off...
MiB81
The Raven
The Raven

Post by MiB81 »

theraven1979 wrote: 11 Dec 2018, 21:25 Yeah busy blocking stuff up with wire wool. Got a night cam setup in the kitchen to see where they're coming in. That said though all it's detected so far are orbs/ghosts. :lol: 8)

Jim
:grin:

Had them in the house, mibee 10 years ago during a cold snap, I remember they got quite cocky after a while,
it started with a wee blurry dart across the peripheral vision, in the corner of the room and fairly quickly became
walking into a room and the wee bastard would just sat there, looking at me.
Went down the humane trap route myself, used to cart them off in the morning and let them out as far
from the house as poss (they head back if it's close). Took about a week but they've not been back.
I've got a collie now mind.
Anyone asked Jason?
...I'm making lists of all the people I love,
and all the cunts that should fuck off...