Earthquake

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

airflamesred
The Man They Love To Hate

Earthquake

Post by airflamesred »

That was close eh! Anyone any damage to report?
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Re: Earthquake

Post by theraven1979 »

I've had stronger farts

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

My mate in Swansea said his house swayed!
Niki Wu
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Niki Wu »

Anyone here ever been in a proper earthquake? It's one of those things such as "have you ever had a relative die of cancer/ been told you're gonna need a hysterectomy" kinda thing? Everyone has a story to tell.

I was in a proper Earthquake in Umbria not so long ago; not like this one. I was in Wilkinson's in Swansea with my grand daughter perusing the toy sale when this one happened; didn't feel an effing thing.
cassini
Ugly
Ugly

Post by cassini »

I experienced an earthquake in Korea in 2016 and a major one in India in 1991.

More recently I felt the Iran earthquake from my apartment in Dubai last year
Niki Wu
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Niki Wu »

cassini wrote: 18 May 2018, 14:50 I experienced an earthquake in Korea in 2016 and a major one in India in 1991.

More recently I felt the Iran earthquake from my apartment in Dubai last year
Scary? D' you think you were unlucky or are they perhaps more prevalent than people are aware of, or were aware of before social media and extensive travel? I was surprised to hear that the South Wales coast is a bit of a UK earthquake hotspot and I'm only aware of 3 minor tremors of the blink-and-you'll-miss-it variety during my own lifetime. Many of the public buildings were closed in affected parts of Italy in October 2016. The Cure were on tour while I was there but I'm guessing some gigs were cancelled because Robert Smith was on our flight out of Rome earlier than scheduled. Didn't get to see them play or meet them btw. I found the whole episode quite unreal. I've never been so relieved to be airborne.
zontar
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by zontar »

Vacationing in Vegas, early '94 when a big one hit L.A. Lodged in a high floor of the Hilton, I was roused from my drunken slumber by violent shaking. Being a thick Yank, I thot, Damn, this bldg sure shakes in the wind! Next day I saved gambling money by watching live feeds from the epicenter.