"Chris Bell" Hugh's longest serving drummer.

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

"Chris Bell" Hugh's longest serving drummer.

Post by Greatkudu »

Ok I thought I would post this,as Chris Bell has been playing with Hugh for a quite a time.And he is the rock of the Hugh live band,he first played with Hugh on "Guilty".Then took a break and

came back to the studio with Hugh for "Totem and Taboo".But he started playing live with Hugh again in 2006 after Windsor moved on.He was also in the original line up of the great Spear

of Destiny,playing on their first album "Grapes of Wrath".He later came back to Spear to play drums on the great Spear album "Loadestone" possibly one of their best? and certainly the solid

drumming of Mr Bell added to the quality.More recently he has been playing live with the mighty "Theatre of Hate" as drummer Danny Farrant is busy touring with "The Buzzcocks".

So as Chris has been playing with Hugh for some time,i thought he deserves a mention for his power house drumming that he does with Hugh.He also shows his diversity playing with

Spear and particularly Theatre of Hate as their is a lot of complex tom tom work involved in quite a few of their songs away from the 4X4 time.Great drummer and nice bloke.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Re: "Chris Bell" Hugh's longest serving drummer.

Post by theraven1979 »

He's also a great bloke as well. He also served time in Thompson Twins (I think?) and he was in Big Country in the early 90s.

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
gjinblack
Ugly
Ugly

Post by gjinblack »

Saw him outside the Clitheroe venue a few years back chatting to people, great drummer.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
euromanc-ometh
gizzard
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by gizzard »

Saw him last week drumming for Theatre of Hate.
''I THINK THE STRANGLERS ARE CRIMINALLY VULGAR, VIOLENT AND VORACIOUS, AND I OFTEN WONDER HOW THEY GET AWAY WITH IT.''
parasiteinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by parasiteinblack »

theraven1979 wrote:He's also a great bloke as well. He also served time in Thompson Twins (I think?) and he was in Big Country in the early 90s.

Jim
Yes he's definitely on the second Thompson Twins album "Set" and I'm pretty sure he's on the debut album "A Product Of..." too. The debut album is well worth checking out in particular. eclectic 7 piece noisy percussive indie rock stuff. nice. Top tracks are "Make Believe" and "When I See You" if you're in a rush.
"I woke up on a good day, and the world was wonderful"
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Think his chops were seriously tested with big country also

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"