The EU : Do we stay or do we go ?

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Do we stay or do we go ?

We should stay.
47%
We should leave.
36%
If Dr Marten boots become cheaper, yup, we should leave.
4%
If we leave, will it become more expensive to have a dirty weekend in Flourence ?
No votes
If we stay, will Wonky Bus trips become more expensive ? Let's get our priorities right. Thank you. FFS.
No votes
Euroman Cometh is better than Un Jour Parfait.
4%
Un Jour Parfair is better than Euroman Cometh.
4%
Do you reckon Alias still lurks on here ? I think he does. The sneaky Bitch.
4%

Total votes: 74

Ravenette
Ugly
Ugly

Re: The EU : Do we stay or do we go ?

Post by Ravenette »

PaulinLondon wrote:
Ravenette wrote:To be quite honest, politics is not my thing. Will my wages go up and shoes be cheaper if I vote no? That's all I care about.
Then, regarding shoes, do VOTE - in the Dr Martens Poll Section.

The overall Votes so far, are interesting.

If shoes will be DM's I'm voting to stay, the french have more taste
I've got some chloroform and handcuffs, just for you.
iain
Ugly
Ugly

Post by iain »

Bag Lady wrote:I despair about where to find good information to base my decision on. Any advice?
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voting_ ... pean_Union

Take that in.
All the laws that will be decided by qualified majority voting, and the U.K. will have 8% voting weight.
We will never win a vote, and we'll pay at least £20 billion a year to be part of this affront to democracy.
rotten thoughts
jetblacksdad
Ugly
Ugly

Post by jetblacksdad »

iain wrote:
Bag Lady wrote:I despair about where to find good information to base my decision on. Any advice?

Take that in.
All the laws that will be decided by qualified majority voting, and the U.K. will have 8% voting weight.
We will never win a vote, and we'll pay at least £20 billion a year to be part of this affront to democracy.
We will win votes, if we are part of a common collective that sees the sense in the proposition.
It's democracy. It's how it works!

On our own, standinmg up against something, I agree, 8% ain't going to work. Just like Plaid Cymru is never going to have a westminster majority. Doesn't mean that they don't have a voice.
Being in it means our voice is heard. No pint standing outside shouting into the wind.
+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+
iain
Ugly
Ugly

Post by iain »

jetblacksdad wrote:
iain wrote:

Take that in.
We will win votes, if we are part of a common collective that sees the sense in the proposition.

On our own, standinmg up against something, I agree, 8% ain't going to work. Just like Plaid Cymru is never going to have a westminster majority. Doesn't mean that they don't have a voice.
Being in it means our voice is heard. No pint standing outside shouting into the wind.

Democracy?
How many of the EU commissioners, who propose 65% of the laws you and I are expected to abide by, did you vote for?
The U.K. Commissioner has never stood for an election in his life.
rotten thoughts
PaulinLondon
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by PaulinLondon »

Alias has three votes ..... :(
"Madame, Be in no doubt as to the seriousness of your position". The Day of the Jackal, 1973.
Boody
Ugly
Ugly
Location: Arse end of commuter land, always looking for an escape

Post by Boody »

iain wrote:
jetblacksdad wrote:
iain wrote: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voting_ ... pean_Union

Take that in.

Democracy?
How many of the EU commissioners, who propose 65% of the laws you and I are expected to abide by, did you vote for?
The U.K. Commissioner has never stood for an election in his life.

Question is how local do you want to get? Over 50% of the voters where I live vote for one party so whoever I vote for I know the political hue of my MP and I am stuck with it. Where does that leave me in the democratic process?
I can't help getting old. I just refuse to grow up.
elvisintheclouds
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by elvisintheclouds »

Boody wrote:Question is how local do you want to get? Over 50% of the voters where I live vote for one party so whoever I vote for I know the political hue of my MP and I am stuck with it. Where does that leave me in the democratic process?
:smt023

Whoever you vote for the Government wins!
Thank you very much
EiTC
jetblacksdad
Ugly
Ugly

Post by jetblacksdad »

So.

I met an acquaintance in the street

General chit chat which he moved onto bloody foreigners/Europe/Brexit

"Yeah. We need to get out of the fucking EU mate. It's all bull shit"

"Really? I think we should stay in" Says I

"No mate, fucking joke. I tell you, if we vote to stay in, that's it. I'm off to live in Spain"
+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

If we leave the EU it will be a dire mistake,we are a small fish in the world now,But I fear that people will vote to leave as the immigration issue is appealing to the lowest common denominator.I agree we need to reduce immigration,but weighing up all the pros and cons,on balance staying in is the best option for worker right's,jobs etc and Britain as a whole.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

I've not seen any credible reason to leave but plenty to stay in.

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
Burn e 77
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Burn e 77 »

See Rockula's comment... By far the most informed, level headed and unbiased post on here.
Bernie
Something better change!
marky
Ugly
Ugly

Post by marky »

better to stay in the tent pissing out than outside the tent pissing in stay and reform not leave and be martyrs to a cause led by a stupid dangerous idiot who wants to be prime minister that's not to say Cameron isn't a twat cos he is and so he should man up a bit more and get a better deal for the uk