The EU : Do we stay or do we go ?

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Do we stay or do we go ?

We should stay.
47%
We should leave.
36%
If Dr Marten boots become cheaper, yup, we should leave.
4%
If we leave, will it become more expensive to have a dirty weekend in Flourence ?
No votes
If we stay, will Wonky Bus trips become more expensive ? Let's get our priorities right. Thank you. FFS.
No votes
Euroman Cometh is better than Un Jour Parfait.
4%
Un Jour Parfair is better than Euroman Cometh.
4%
Do you reckon Alias still lurks on here ? I think he does. The sneaky Bitch.
4%

Total votes: 74

PaulinLondon
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

The EU : Do we stay or do we go ?

Post by PaulinLondon »

To be fair to Cameron, he's called the Referendum vote for 23 June when there aren't even any major Euro Championship footie games playing that day (during the tournament) or indeed the next day.

But, do we stay or do we go ?

I have voted in the attached poll.

:smt069
"Madame, Be in no doubt as to the seriousness of your position". The Day of the Jackal, 1973.
marky
Ugly
Ugly

Re: The EU : Do we stay or do we go ?

Post by marky »

now we will have lots of smarmy dave and mad boris on tv both talking shit along with that twat farage and that arse Galloway
jetblacksdad
Ugly
Ugly

Post by jetblacksdad »

To do anything other than leave seems like madness to me.
The one thing that worries me is that the immigration issue will cloud all other issues.
Europe is our biggest trade partner and, if we walk away from it, then we will find that markets close to us. We will lose billions in trade and jobs will be affected. No doubt.
And the immigration issue will not go away.
We get out of Europe but still people will want to come to the UK. We are not part of the Schengen agreement now, and we won't be after June. There will be no change, so all the UKIPpers (and worse) will see no difference.

Now, I'm not a 100% Euophile by the way. Alot of what gets done is a massive waste of time and money and we need to be a bit more "robust" in what we do with Europe but I believe that we should keep friends close and enemies closer.
If we leave Europe we have to look West - and I do not like the way America is going. There is a serious possibility that Trump could become president ( I had hoped that America would see sense but alas)- do we want to be aligned with that fucking idiot?
+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+
Boody
Ugly
Ugly
Location: Arse end of commuter land, always looking for an escape

Post by Boody »

marky wrote:now we will have lots of smarmy dave and mad boris on tv both talking shit along with that twat farage and that arse Galloway
Galloway, Farage and Johnson. What a dinner party that would be....
I can't help getting old. I just refuse to grow up.
Rockula
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Rockula »

The EU debate.
But only as I understand it so far.
I will accept corrections backed with facts.

The EU is negotiating with the USA on the 'Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership' (TTIP) which in it's full and undiluted form would basically hand 'sovereignty' to a bunch of Unelected Corporations in the USA and give them powers to Overrule the Elected Governments of EU countries when those countries Sovereign Laws, Rules and Safeguards were deemed detrimental to a Corporation's Profits.
However, MOST of the countries in the EU are determined to dilute the TTIP and are working together to introduce Safeguards that stop these US Corporations being able to sue EU countries or their Elected Governments.
But the UK Conservative Government supports TTIP in it's current form without the safeguards or any Specific Exception for the NHS.
If we left the EU the current UK Government would most likely negotiate a separate Trade Agreement direct with the USA with no guarantee that they would seek any of the safeguards being sort by the EU.
And with no protection of the NHS this would mean an open door to Total Privatisation (which is long term Tory Policy anyway whatever they may claim) and a move to the profit based Private Insurance model of Healthcare that obviously works SO well in the USA.
There would also be a relaxation of Food Standards to the lower US standards, a free hand for Fracking companies and an end to the British way of life as we know it.
Then of course, with a majority in Scotland seemingly in favour of staying in the EU, if the rest of the UK voted to leave there would no doubt be a 2nd Independence Referendum.
There's a possibility that 'Brexit' (hate that they call it that but...) would ultimately lead to the Dissolution of the United Kingdom. Unless someone can offer me sound financial evidence that leaving the EU is better for the UK, and not just some fascist, racist, clap-trap scaremongering about 'immigrants' I reckon I'll have to vote to stay in.

And that's where I currently stand but I wait for any other real facts to emerge before committing my cross in a box.
ManInBrown
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

I really think we should stay,it makes no sense to leave.But I have a feeling that people will vote to leave,based on the immigration concerns.
marky
Ugly
Ugly

Post by marky »

we should stay to do otherwise would be folly
The Strangler
Ugly
Ugly

Post by The Strangler »

I'm with anything Jacob Rees-Mogg says. And he's out.
Rugby Union is not only the greatest team sport in the world on the field, but without a shadow of a doubt, is the greatest team sport in the world off the field. Nigel Owens.
PaulinLondon
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by PaulinLondon »

A stimulating debate in the House of Commons this afternoon on the whole subject matter and good to see the House packed from the beginning and pretty well attended at the end.

Two plus hours of good tv entertainment for a change.

This will get more and more interesting.
"Madame, Be in no doubt as to the seriousness of your position". The Day of the Jackal, 1973.
The Strangler
Ugly
Ugly

Post by The Strangler »

Its great stuff, even if Cameron didn't remotely answer most questions.

So. whats 2 + 2 ?

Well, we'll be safer off, jobs blah blah

hehe.
Rugby Union is not only the greatest team sport in the world on the field, but without a shadow of a doubt, is the greatest team sport in the world off the field. Nigel Owens.
The Strangler
Ugly
Ugly

Post by The Strangler »

And isn't Faisal Islam shit on Sky News ? Quite embarrassing watching him trying to answer to questions by the likes of Adam Boulton
pigeon
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by pigeon »

It's all planned madmen incharge everywhere

Cameron
Boris Johnson
Donald Trump

Roland Deuchalat
Katrian Miere

I say leave the EU he will have to sell Charlton Athletic then!. Vote out WE WANT OUR CHARLTON BACK, WE WANT OUR CHARLTON BACK, WE WANT OUR CHARLTON BACK, GET OUT OF OUR CLUB, GET OUT OF OUR CLUB YOU BELGIAN W****ERS GET OUT OF OUR CLUB!!!.