The EU : Do we stay or do we go ?

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Do we stay or do we go ?

We should stay.
47%
We should leave.
36%
If Dr Marten boots become cheaper, yup, we should leave.
4%
If we leave, will it become more expensive to have a dirty weekend in Flourence ?
No votes
If we stay, will Wonky Bus trips become more expensive ? Let's get our priorities right. Thank you. FFS.
No votes
Euroman Cometh is better than Un Jour Parfait.
4%
Un Jour Parfair is better than Euroman Cometh.
4%
Do you reckon Alias still lurks on here ? I think he does. The sneaky Bitch.
4%

Total votes: 74

Jon the Impaler
The Raven
The Raven

Re: The EU : Do we stay or do we go ?

Post by Jon the Impaler »

Maybe its one promise politicians shouldn't have kept Cameron's promise in manifesto ) - they don't normally keep them - the country is now divided , the 2 major parties divided - more trouble than the vote was worth . Maybe we'd have been better off without the vote .
All quiet ..........
iain
Ugly
Ugly

Post by iain »

You should be a Status Quo fan instead.
rotten thoughts
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Someone needs to step up and sort this mess out IMO - they all seem to have buried their heads in the sand

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
iain
Ugly
Ugly

Post by iain »

Best to let those who have no confidence in the ability of the United Kingdom to run its own affairs to have their little tantrums first.
rotten thoughts
marky
Ugly
Ugly

Post by marky »

seems that there is no plan so sort it out
PaulinLondon
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by PaulinLondon »

"Madame, Be in no doubt as to the seriousness of your position". The Day of the Jackal, 1973.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Exactly - who's gonna be the one to trigger Article 50 ??? Career suicide.

"Who gets the job of pushing the knob"

Jim
marky wrote:seems that there is no plan so sort it out
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
marky
Ugly
Ugly

Post by marky »

it seems that the decision to leave the European union has become a catalyst for political suicides today it will be interesting to see how boris Johnson blusters his way through the next month and how nigel farage will continue to stir up a racial shit storm last week I thought we would be above all this shite but it seems that we are not I don't know about anyone else but I feel ashamed that we left I cant explain that so I wont try to but I do now realise that those who come here because of war in their own countries are not welcome here by some so I guess they should just wait their turn to fuckin die in their own country because we have somehow lost our compassion and empathy or maybe its been duped or stolen from us
Jon the Impaler
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Jon the Impaler »

marky wrote:it seems that the decision to leave the European union has become a catalyst for political suicides today it will be interesting to see how boris Johnson blusters his way through the next month and how nigel farage will continue to stir up a racial shit storm last week I thought we would be above all this shite but it seems that we are not I don't know about anyone else but I feel ashamed that we left I cant explain that so I wont try to but I do now realise that those who come here because of war in their own countries are not welcome here by some so I guess they should just wait their turn to fuckin die in their own country because we have somehow lost our compassion and empathy or maybe its been duped or stolen from us
Nigel Farage is nothing - he will take no part in any of the decisions or outcomes of whatever happens , quite an easy situation for him really IMO , done the damage and can now sit back and admire . IF Cameron didn't want this then he should never have promised this in his manifesto - OR worked a bloody sight harder to make sure we didn't get his outcome. the trouble was that "leave " gave figures and statistics whereas "remain" didn't , from what I've seen , they said leaves were false but didn't provide their own . Alot of voters I guess have done this to give Cameron or/and the EU a bloody nose , not realising it could actually happen , its a sort of firing a warning shot across the bows of the enemy that has actually blown their own boat up . Maybe all this will work , we've got to make it work anyway now because they aren't going to vote again because they don't like the result . NOW I hear that the promises made by leave they can't actually live up to anyway ie immigration , EU money etc .
Its a farce .
All quiet ..........
Dom P
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by Dom P »

We won't be leaving the EU in its current form.

Cameron's resignation is to give everyone time to come up with a new paradigm.

If voting changed anything they'd abolish it.
"I think you guys are going to have to come up with some wonderful new lies, or people just aren't going to want to go on living." -- Slaughterhouse-Five
mickinblack
The Raven
The Raven

Post by mickinblack »

Dom P wrote: If voting changed anything they'd abolish it.
:smt023
Ravenette
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Ravenette »

theraven1979 wrote:Exactly - who's gonna be the one to trigger Article 50 ??? Career suicide.

"Who gets the job of pushing the knob"

Jim
marky wrote:seems that there is no plan so sort it out
Agree on Article 50. Not been done, can't be done until a new PM is in office and then at least two years of negotiations after that. Why panic yet?? Nothing is set in stone.
I've got some chloroform and handcuffs, just for you.