IF THE STRANGLERS...

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Stevie.T-'up north'
The Man They Love To Hate

IF THE STRANGLERS...

Post by Stevie.T-'up north' »

If The Stranglers shit on a plate and made it an official release, how many would say it was fantastic? If The Stranglers played an abysmal gig, how many would describe their performance as being 'tight''? If Hugh returned to The Stranglers, how many would still claim that the band are better with Baz? Just a thought! ;)
Sweat and shite and blood!
elvisintheclouds
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Re: IF THE STRANGLERS...

Post by elvisintheclouds »

Stevie.T-'up north' wrote:If The Stranglers shit on a plate and made it an official release, how many would say it was fantastic? If The Stranglers played an abysmal gig, how many would describe their performance as being 'tight''? If Hugh returned to The Stranglers, how many would still claim that the band are better with Baz? Just a thought! ;)
Did you mean Shat on a plate? wf...
Thank you very much
EiTC
Rockula
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Rockula »

1.) I don't want shit on a plate. Ever. Not even if it's gold-plated.
2.) I don't know 'cause I haven't been to an abysmal Stranglers gig. I'm not saying there haven't been any just that I haven't witnessed one. I assume I'd be honest like when my other favourite band, The Damned, do a shit show. I've seen some of them.
3.) Not going to happen. And some of my favourite Strangler's songs were written after Hugh left. Personally I don't rate his solo material but that's just my personal taste. He wanted to leave, he left, end of.

I hope that answers your questions. :wink:
ManInBrown
Stevie.T-'up north'

elvisintheclouds wrote:
Stevie.T-'up north' wrote:If The Stranglers shit on a plate and made it an official release, how many would say it was fantastic? If The Stranglers played an abysmal gig, how many would describe their performance as being 'tight''? If Hugh returned to The Stranglers, how many would still claim that the band are better with Baz? Just a thought! ;)
Shit, shat or shitted. Apparently all are acceptable. I checked! :)
Stevie.T-'up north'

Rockula wrote:1.) I don't want shit on a plate. Ever. Not even if it's gold-plated.
2.) I don't know 'cause I haven't been to an abysmal Stranglers gig. I'm not saying there haven't been any just that I haven't witnessed one. I assume I'd be honest like when my other favourite band, The Damned, do a shit show. I've seen some of them.
3.) Not going to happen. And some of my favourite Strangler's songs were written after Hugh left. Personally I don't rate his solo material but that's just my personal taste. He wanted to leave, he left, end of.

Thank you kind Sir! Your answers will be recorded!
Boody
Ugly
Ugly
Location: Arse end of commuter land, always looking for an escape

Post by Boody »

Rockula wrote:1.) I don't want shit on a plate. Ever. Not even if it's gold-plated.

My feelings entirely. Trust me, I really really really want to like Totem and Taboo more than I do....
I can't help getting old. I just refuse to grow up.
MiB81
The Raven
The Raven

Post by MiB81 »

er, seven?
yeah my guess is seven.
...I'm making lists of all the people I love,
and all the cunts that should fuck off...
Stevie.T-'up north'

MiB81 wrote:er, seven?
yeah my guess is seven.
Name them!
elvisintheclouds
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by elvisintheclouds »

Stevie.T-'up north' wrote:
elvisintheclouds wrote:
Shit, shat or shitted. Apparently all are acceptable. I checked! :)
8) 8) 8)
I'd love to stay and shat...
Thank you very much
EiTC
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

The only really terrible Stranglers gig I have been to was the infamous "Academy in the Uk" gig in Birmingham that was an all day Punk fest.People were coming up to me saying The Stranglers are shit.On that night they were,came on to late and sound was terrible.Paul looked pissed of and unhappy,I knew he would leave not long after.The rest is history.
marky
Ugly
Ugly

Post by marky »

i think people are honest enough to share how they really feel on this forum you read great and bad reviews of their live performances and musical releases
gizzard
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by gizzard »

Greatkudu wrote:The only really terrible Stranglers gig I have been to was the infamous "Academy in the Uk" gig in Birmingham that was an all day Punk fest.People were coming up to me saying The Stranglers are shit.On that night they were,came on to late and sound was terrible.Paul looked pissed of and unhappy,I knew he would leave not long after.The rest is history.
Agreed.
''I THINK THE STRANGLERS ARE CRIMINALLY VULGAR, VIOLENT AND VORACIOUS, AND I OFTEN WONDER HOW THEY GET AWAY WITH IT.''