Etch-A-Sketch

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Burn e 77
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Etch-A-Sketch

Post by Burn e 77 »

I try and chill on the early morning commuter train before arriving at my office in London. I used to work on my laptop on spread sheets etc. like most of the other passengers in my carriage. A few weeks ago I noticed that around 75% of the others in my carriage were working on their laptops on the dreaded spread sheets too.

Now every morning (Reginald Perrin style) I board the same train and sit at the table... I open my case carefully, leaving my work-laptop in the safety of it's cocoon of padding, and remove my old skool original 1960's red 'Etch-A-sketch' tablet (charity shop £2.99) which I have customised with 'intel Celeron' and 'windows 7' stickers pinched from a work colleague's laptop.

I try to keep a straight face as I'm 'etching' various swear words on the screen... One word beginning with a curved squiggle ( the letter 'C') is the easiest to master at present. The word 'Bollox' is relatively easy to accomplish too.
Bernie 77
Last edited by Burn e 77 on 26 Oct 2014, 12:47, edited 3 times in total.
Something better change!
PaulD
Rats Rally

Re: Etch-A-Sketch

Post by PaulD »

perhaps Aple ought to bring out a swear pad
cassini
Ugly
Ugly

Post by cassini »

This is a completely true story - i was once taken around the house of the former sheik of Taiz, in central Yemen. - this was in 1994. The sheik had been executed by his tribespeople around 20 years earlier for being obsessed with fancy western gadgets, and buying up huge amounts of perfume and whisky on his frequent shopping trips to London and Paris. In the house, all these trinkets were put on display, as evidence of his greed and vanity ... And taking pride of place in a display cabinet of its own in the centre of the house was nothing other than ... an etch -a-sketch!!
Bobinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Bobinblack »

Bernie, have you thought about standing for London's mayorship? :grin:
Think I'll go for a stroll in the trees.
meanie
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by meanie »

Pretty subversive, you want to be careful with all that imaginative free thinking stuff. You could stick a fake ariel on it so at least it'll give the appearance that a higher power is dictating you actions. Alternatively, just etch LOL a lot and no one will suspect you.
I'll see you in the sewer!!!
Burn e 77
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Burn e 77 »

meanie wrote:Pretty subversive, you want to be careful with all that imaginative free thinking stuff. You could stick a fake ariel on it so at least it'll give the appearance that a higher power is dictating you actions. Alternatively, just etch LOL a lot and no one will suspect you.
A fake Ariel, delicious stuff indeed :wink:
Bernie 77
Something better change!