RIP Alan Henning

Post by jason »

Another shocking murder.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Re: RIP Alan Henning

Post by theraven1979 »

Yeah - Just had a top night, having a few drinks and a laugh - read that and it's brought me back down to earth lets put it that way. RIP Mr Henning.

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
bill
Rats Rally

Post by bill »

Truly sad and horrifying - it's put some extremely ugly thoughts in my head, unfortunately.

It's amazing that there are still people who are brave and selfless enough to try and make the world a better place and help those in need, when this is what can happen to them.

If anybody wants to explain to me the concept of religion being a force for good, now would be the time...
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

You read his profile on the BBC site and clearly he was a man who always put others first - complete Gent. Regardless what you think of religion - There can be no god to take someone with that background this way.

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
villainblack
Ugly
Ugly

Post by villainblack »

theraven1979 wrote:Yeah - Just had a top night, having a few drinks and a laugh - read that and it's brought me back down to earth lets put it that way. RIP Mr Henning.

Jim
Ditto

If there's a god he's a cruel bastard :smt011

I think all our thoughts are with his family, you can't imagine there pain right now
Please allow me to re-arrange your face sometimes
I'd really like to get to know you better
Alexinblack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Alexinblack »

R.I.P Alan Henning, truly shocking and disgusting whats happened to him and how is Family and Friends have gone through.
marky
Ugly
Ugly

Post by marky »

seems that the world gets worse everyday. rest in peace and condolences to the family
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

I am saddened and revolted by another act of barbarity,by the cowardly Islamic State.My thoughts are with his family,at this very sad time.A true gent and a man who showed humanity

in a world that seems to have forgotten what that means in many countries and organisations.
meanie
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by meanie »

There is no justification to commit such an atrocity. We all feel for those who have been slaughtered, R.I.P. Alan.
It's time that the world stood up these bastards, no exceptions, this cannot be allowed to continue, regardless of your religious beliefs.
I'll see you in the sewer!!!
PaulD
Rats Rally

Post by PaulD »

Truly horrible and thoughts with his family and friends

By chance I was travelling through Salford yesterday and saw Mr Henning's picture in a shop window. Clearly a good man.

I understand why people would doubt the existence of a God when you read of this sort of atrocity,equally I understand why people point to the existence of a good man like Mr. Hennning as proof of God's existence.

The question is how do you impede Islamic State? Not sure that bombing assists a great deal. As always follow the money, given the alleged significant Qatari funding of ISIS should we not look at freezing Qataru assets in the UK or briningg pressure to bear on the Qatar World Cup being abandoned so long as the Qatari govt allows ISIS to be funded by its citizens?
iain
Ugly
Ugly

Post by iain »

rotten thoughts
PaulD
Rats Rally

Post by PaulD »

interesting post from Iain

I supppose the difficulty is that doctors and nurses are duty bound to treat people regardless of their actions