No - I'm not Scottish but think they should NOT get independence
53%

Total votes: 60

Toiler On The Sea
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Re: Scotland - The Forums Decide

Post by Toiler On The Sea »

theraven1979 wrote:And this one of course!

Jim
Toiler On The Sea wrote: The only poll that counts is next Thursday.
It won't feature in the Main stream media as No isn't winning :smt005
"They don’t come much better than The Stranglers when performing live; there is no pretence, no hiding place, just superb music"

Liverpool Sound and Vision March 8th 2013.
iain
Ugly
Ugly

Post by iain »

Still can't vote with those options...

I'd vote...
I'm not scottish, sort of hope they'll vote no just to see the face on that hateful toad Salmond and to be able to wind the Jocks up as big feardies for evermore, but if they vote yes, well, fair enough, good luck in the future, you'll fucking need it as your sums don't add up.
rotten thoughts
Bear Cage
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Bear Cage »

Yes, because none of them reported Sunday's YouGov poll that had Yes winning.
Toiler On The Sea wrote:It won't feature in the Main stream media as No isn't winning :smt005
The forum poll would fail as it's asking the wrong people (those that claim to be Scots), it should be those "living and registered to vote in Scotland", as opposed to Scots.
The Scots are like the Irish, with more living outside of the country and claiming the nationality (even if a generation or more removed from anyone born in the country, so would not be entitled to a Scottish Passport if there's a yes vote) than actually live within (so are eligible to vote).
Then I got tired of counting all of these blessings, and then I just got tired.
Jon the Impaler
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Jon the Impaler »

I'm English and I said "yes " , if for no other reason than to piss of our hoity toity ok yaaaahhhh royals . Up to the Scots what they want - their country after all ( Scotland that is ) .
All quiet ..........
biggs
SHAKESPEARO

Post by biggs »

Both will be weaker without the other .
Unfortunately the people of Scotland won't realise they are being sold half a story by Salmond until it's all over .
When was the last time a politician promised you would be better off financially if you voted for them ?? And after it turned out to be a pack of lies . In recent times probably every time .
Strikes me that Salmond wants to go down in history , he will one way or another !!
The oil will not last forever , unfortunately it will out last him !!
If there's no reason for your words then Your silence ain't absurd
Toiler On The Sea
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Bear Cage wrote:Yes, because none of them reported Sunday's YouGov poll that had Yes winning.
Toiler On The Sea wrote:It won't feature in the Main stream media as No isn't winning :smt005
The forum poll would fail as it's asking the wrong people (those that claim to be Scots), it should be those "living and registered to vote in Scotland", as opposed to Scots.
The Scots are like the Irish, with more living outside of the country and claiming the nationality (even if a generation or more removed from anyone born in the country, so would not be entitled to a Scottish Passport if there's a yes vote) than actually live within (so are eligible to vote).
http://www.yesscotland.net/answers/who- ... and-future
"They don’t come much better than The Stranglers when performing live; there is no pretence, no hiding place, just superb music"

Bear Cage
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Bear Cage »

So people living in or born in Scotland will be considered citizens, and just about anyone else can apply :)
Then I got tired of counting all of these blessings, and then I just got tired.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Interesting results so far - looks like our Scottish friends want independence whereas everyone else doesn't want them to go for it.

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
Stranglers69
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by Stranglers69 »

What the majority of those outside Scotland haven't considered is the effect on the union in the event of a yes vote and the effect the succession of Scotland will have on England, Wales and Northern Ireland. It's not about a rejection of the home countries but an opportunity to determine our own futures. Whatever way it goes, we will always be fansinblack!
Toiler On The Sea
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Bear Cage wrote:So people living in or born in Scotland will be considered citizens, and just about anyone else can apply :)
I think you'll find it complies with all European and International Law.

pigeon
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by pigeon »

If Scotland go independent do i have to pay more tax? Will the price of average items go up in England. Will the price of fuel go up which means the price of my weekly buspass goes up ... again? if all yes then i hope they stay.
Toiler On The Sea
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

pigeon wrote:If Scotland go independent do i have to pay more tax? Will the price of average items go up in England. Will the price of fuel go up which means the price of my weekly buspass goes up ... again? if all yes then i hope they stay.
Not very often prices or taxes come down. Nice to see you've got our best interests at heart though. I'm voting No to save your Bus pass.