England 2014 Word Cup Thread

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Jon the Impaler
The Raven
The Raven

Re: England 2014 Word Cup Thread

Post by Jon the Impaler »

DukeDexter wrote:I doubt any Liverpool supporter was surprised to see the way Hodgson's England performed. He'll do with England what he almost did to us - take the team to the top of the 2nd division in football.
Its funny you should say that , I have a friend who's a WBA fan - he said Steve Clark moved them on a level , yet didn't rate him much so it shows what they thought of Hodgson . Looking at English managers there wasn't/isn't much choice around . I thought England performed pretty much how I'd expected - just about making up the numbers .
All quiet ..........
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

Harry Rednapp would have done a better job but the problem is we have too many foreign players in our leagues. Whilst they make the Premiership very exciting they also are stifling our players chances of making the grade.
Hammersmith1982
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Hammersmith1982 »

After watching the Chelsea boys yesterday in the yellows, I do wonder if it's just the Premiership itself that is just so full of pretence and deals.

SKY seem to have built it so far up it's Ivory Tower, and it's starting to wobble.
strangledinAuch
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by strangledinAuch »

gutted it's not a Germany-Holland final

Holland looked really good again last night

hopefully the Argies won't resort to kicking the Germans off the pitch like they did in the 1990 final

it's been a good World Cup,let's hope the Final has a few goals too
See You At The Bar
Jon the Impaler
The Raven
The Raven

jason wrote:Harry Rednapp would have done a better job but the problem is we have too many foreign players in our leagues. Whilst they make the Premiership very exciting they also are stifling our players chances of making the grade.

Trouble nowadays is that most clubs can't wait that 2 or 3 years for a player to mature into a decent or very good player - they want results on the field NOW , so they go out and buy someone for those results - usually foreign , whcih then denies a good homegrown player that chance of learning the game at a big club - they either go on loan or are sold to lower divisions and then don't develope as they could have . Coaching here doesn't help in that we seem to be 30 years behind most of Europe in the way we play the game . Germany now of all countries play a brand of fast , exciting and attacking football - which is suposed to be what the Premier league is all about , yet internationally we are found severely wanting , can't keep the ball , no idea when it comes to counter attack or breaking quickly in numbers .
All quiet ..........
Sidinblack
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by Sidinblack »

Seriously suspect of Hodgsons choices against Uraguay. They have Hannibal Suarez just recovered from injury so Hodgson picks 5 of his Liverpool team mates to play against him. There were not going to tackle him. Thinking of next season not their country. Hes gone to Barcelona now so they should have kicked the sh*t out of him.
Blind acceptance is a sign - of stupid fools who stand in line.
jaydee1964
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by jaydee1964 »

Hannibal Suarez:D

"The ending of the day.......brings the cccaaaalllllmmm,that you've been waiting for........."
Hammersmith1982
Ugly
Ugly

It seems so long ago since England made a farce out of themselves.

Costa Rica, honestly..... :roll: :roll: :? :shock: :( :oops:
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

Germany Rule,fantastic result.Maybe England can get some lessons from them on how to play Football.
Jon the Impaler
The Raven
The Raven

Greatkudu wrote:Germany Rule,fantastic result.Maybe England can get some lessons from them on how to play Football.
I think England could take lessons off Cyprus on how to play football let alone Germany :grin:
All quiet ..........
Boody
Ugly
Ugly
Location: Arse end of commuter land, always looking for an escape

Post by Boody »

And while they are about it, the Cypriots could probably gives some hints and tips on cricket.
I can't help getting old. I just refuse to grow up.
Hammersmith1982
Ugly
Ugly

Boody wrote:And while they are about it, the Cypriots could probably gives some hints and tips on cricket.
Sad, but true :oops: :oops: