England 2014 Word Cup Thread

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

pigeon
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Re: England 2014 Word Cup Thread

Post by pigeon »

I thought we played well in placea after going 2-1 down.At times Sterling made pirlo look like an old man.i think our biggiest comcerns are at the back. Glen Johnson and Garry cahill arent the best combination.Im Rooney should be in the team as it was a great pass to sturridge. But we really need a reconised holding midfielder. There first goal was a joke. He was just left the whole pitch to shoot amd noone came to block him. You dont see that in the championship!! I think we will beat Uagurey
aldinblack
The Raven
The Raven

Post by aldinblack »

Sterling may have made Pirlo look like an "old man", but tell me who was going down with cramp after 90 mins ? Was it young 19 year old Sterling, or 35 year old Pirlo ?

lol at your statement pidge !

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
I Hate You !
pigeon
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by pigeon »

aldinblack wrote:Sterling may have made Pirlo look like an "old man", but tell me who was going down with cramp after 90 mins ? Was it young 19 year old Sterling, or 35 year old Pirlo ?

lol at your statement pidge !

You dont get cramp from standing round in the middle of the pitch do you? Be pirlo wish he could run around instead of having to use his head but he cant because his old.
aldinblack
The Raven
The Raven

Post by aldinblack »

yeah right, Pirlo wishes he could run around like a headless chicken, not produce anything, then fall over ! Lol !

I Hate You !
pigeon
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by pigeon »

aldinblack wrote:yeah right, Pirlo wishes he could run around like a headless chicken, not produce anything, then fall over ! Lol !

There was one point in the 2nd half we were 2-1 down. It was in the middle of the park and Sterling ran at Pirlo sold him for a dummy and went past him in two moves all Pirlo could do was look over his shoulder and realised he was beat.
aldinblack
The Raven
The Raven

Post by aldinblack »

of course Pirlo can't keep up with Sterling. But so what ?

It's not Pirlo's job to keep up with players like that, he has a different role to play in the team.

Can Sterling pass the ball across the pitch like Pirlo ? NO !
Can he take free kicks like Pirlo , err NO !

Stop mixing things up mate, next you'll be asking Jet Black to play bass & do karate kicks !

And start showing some respect for your elders -:) lol

I Hate You !
Boody
Ugly
Ugly
Location: Arse end of commuter land, always looking for an escape

Post by Boody »

The Strangler wrote:Its football, and therefore it totally shit you sad bunch of cunts !!!!!! :smt006
Am I the only one who thinks that was a mildly offensive post, in jest or not, or am I losing my sense of humour faster than my hair? Never been a fan of the C word as an insult, even in jest.
I can't help getting old. I just refuse to grow up.
mickinblack
The Raven
The Raven

Post by mickinblack »

Big match tomorrow.
Not going to be easy but if we play as good as we did againt Italy i think we be ok.
If we get through the group we have a great chance og getting to the quater final then who knows...
Boody
Ugly
Ugly
Location: Arse end of commuter land, always looking for an escape

Post by Boody »

mickinblack wrote:Big match tomorrow.
Not going to be easy but if we play as good as we did againt Italy i think we be ok.
If we get through the group we have a great chance og getting to the quater final then who knows...

If we get to the quarter finals then I'll bid for the next Ruby anniversary frame. I reckon the Stranglers have more chance of scoring a number one hit with a cover of that audio shite "Happy" than we have of getting to the quarters. Time to be realistic for once.
I can't help getting old. I just refuse to grow up.
elleninblack
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by elleninblack »

England won't win, but I think we'll get out of the group stage
Hagakure with perfume...
mickinblack
The Raven
The Raven

Post by mickinblack »

Boody wrote:
mickinblack wrote:Big match tomorrow.

If we get to the quarter finals then I'll bid for the next Ruby anniversary frame. I reckon the Stranglers have more chance of scoring a number one hit with a cover of that audio shite "Happy" than we have of getting to the quarters. Time to be realistic for once.

I have seen this time and time again. bad start but normally there in the last 8....
The groups over 3 games so lets see what happens tonight before we write them off.
Alexinblack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Alexinblack »

Very very poor tonight, amazingly we may still go through. Barkley has to start instead of Welbeck.