scotland .anyone care?

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Sidinblack
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Re: scotland .anyone care?

Post by Sidinblack »

Not really bothered, I live nearer to Paris than Scotland. I've got family who moved to the Highlands and there weren't many Scots living there. Lots living down south who seem very vocal but wouldn't dream of moving back up north.
Blind acceptance is a sign - of stupid fools who stand in line.
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

Surely we will both be weaker without each other?
Boody
Ugly
Ugly
Location: Arse end of commuter land, always looking for an escape

Post by Boody »

Question is, if the yes vote wins it and Scotland decides it wants to rejoin the UK a few years down the line, what do we do? Do England, NI and Wales take a vote?
I can't help getting old. I just refuse to grow up.
delboyinblack
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by delboyinblack »

Boody wrote:Question is, if the yes vote wins it and Scotland decides it wants to rejoin the UK a few years down the line, what do we do? Do England, NI and Wales take a vote?
It's irreversible,if Scotland votes Yes there's no going back and that's why I've already voted No.
I'm not gonna cry i bet he hit that water high
kjblack
Rats Rally

Post by kjblack »

To paraphrase Ben Kingsley as Don Logan in 'Sexy Beast,'

"No, no, no, no, no, no, No!"
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Anyone else voting Yes? Looks like the Nos have it on here
Sent from my RM-821_eu_euro1_276 using Tapatalk
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
anytimecowboy
SHAKESPEARO

Post by anytimecowboy »

scouserat wrote:Just wondering if anyone has any views on scottish independence does anyone care if they stay in the UK or not? Personally i couldn't give a hoot if they left as long as they just leave for good and stop gettin money off the UK government to keep their economy going ,they can change to the euro or haggis pound or whatever they want as long as they keep their hands off the British pound note ,ounce youv,e gone your on your own Jimmy, (if the vote is to leave that is).Might be a good thing stop Rangers and Celtic crying that there is no competition in the scottish leagues and wanting to play in the EPL bringing all that religous bigatory with them . just a thought.(if they do vote for independence i hope im not banned from seeing the Mib in glasow i do enjoy that gig to be honest).

All of Scotlands public services and economy are paid for through tax we raise here in Scotland. The only reason we get funds from Westminster is because we are forced to hand over that income and receive it back as an allowance. Clearly much of the UK is misinformed on this matter. The pound note is the Queens pound and a free currency as is the UK commonwealth a free market- Cuba could use the pound if they chose just as I could spend Australian dollars at my local chippy if the owner chose to accept.
Also as far as football and sectarianism is concerned, one of the reasons people are voting yes, to get away from the bullshit and grow up.
Last edited by anytimecowboy on 10 Sep 2014, 11:20, edited 2 times in total.
ya dont miss yer water till yer well runs dry
anytimecowboy
SHAKESPEARO

Post by anytimecowboy »

delboyinblack wrote:
Boody wrote:Question is, if the yes vote wins it and Scotland decides it wants to rejoin the UK a few years down the line, what do we do? Do England, NI and Wales take a vote?
It's irreversible,if Scotland votes Yes there's no going back and that's why I've already voted No.
How is it irreversible? Furthermore if the UK want to leave the EU do Europe get a vote? no i doubt it.

A vote for who is in the kingdom? did the people vote in the first place? in what way is a kingdom democratic?

and sorry to rant especially when im new but if separatism, nationalism and breaking up the UK is so bad would it be acceptable for example France to negotiate its way into the UK? Im sure back in the union of the crowns old James Stuart would have loved to expand his play room to Europe.
ya dont miss yer water till yer well runs dry
Boody
Ugly
Ugly
Location: Arse end of commuter land, always looking for an escape

Post by Boody »

anytimecowboy wrote:
delboyinblack wrote:
How is it irreversible? Furthermore if the UK want to leave the EU do Europe get a vote? no i doubt it.

A vote for who is in the kingdom? did the people vote in the first place? in what way is a kingdom democratic?

and sorry to rant especially when im new but if separatism, nationalism and breaking up the UK is so bad would it be acceptable for example France to negotiate its way into the UK? Im sure back in the union of the crowns old James Stuart would have loved to expand his play room to Europe.
Anytimecowboy - my interest in history only goes back (almost exactly) 40 years. 40 years tomorrow in fact.
I can't help getting old. I just refuse to grow up.
suchi
Ugly
Ugly

Post by suchi »

If Scotland leaves, will there be a "band" meeting? :smt006
Isolate the critisism and pass it on.
delboyinblack
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by delboyinblack »

anytimecowboy wrote:
delboyinblack wrote:

As the No campaign has being saying there's no going back,if it's a Yes vote that's Scotland no longer a part of the UK-end of!.
If things go wrong Scotland can't 'ask' to comeback to the UK with our tails between our legs and begging for forgiveness.
Regarding the EU the UK if it still exists will be having a referendum in 2017 to decide if we want to stay part of the EU.
If Scotland leaves the rest of the UK well have the referendum and Scotland has to apply for membership if we leave the UK.
I'm not gonna cry i bet he hit that water high
villainblack
Ugly
Ugly

Post by villainblack »

Either way it goes it's going to end in tears :smt010

Personally hope it's a no vote, but it's to close to call
Please allow me to re-arrange your face sometimes
I'd really like to get to know you better