Christmas "I hate It"

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Christmas "I hate It"

Post by Greatkudu »

Ok Christmas I don't hate It In principal,but what It has become.It gets more commercial every year with people going In to debt etc trying to satisfy the needs of their greedy children who demand the latest multimedia gadgets that cost a fortune.

It's also the forced happiness of the event that I loathe etc.If I had the money I would go far away from Christmas,In fact the best one
I ever had was on a Safari to Kenya,On Christmas day we were eating Freshly caught carp,drinking Tusker Beer and also a lethal local brew.Now that's what I call a great Christmas.I hope Jet does his Christmas message this year.
Rockula
The Raven
The Raven

Re: Christmas "I hate It"

Post by Rockula »

Haven't 'done' Christmas since 2005.

Don't do cards, presents, forced family get-togethers, turkey, decorations, Christmas shopping,....any of it.

My wife and I find it the least stressful time of the year.

And for those who might consider me a Scrooge/Bah Humbug....
We celebrate lots of other things throughout the year.
Just not Christmas,
ManInBrown
Hammersmith1982
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Hammersmith1982 »

I love it. Mates coming down for the hols, being with family, the kids getting up early so they can look at what Santa bought them (Even at 19 and 14) :lol: :lol:

Then you've got all those Christmas goodies, not the sort you buy, but home made food, cakes, pies, decorations and then I ADORE getting back to the gym on the 27th and getting back to normal until NYE.

But saying that, when I worked in Hospitals, it can be peoples idea of a nightmare.

The worst part has to be losing my sister on December 22nd. :cry:

So, Christmas doesn't really kick in till then, as it's the day after the Solstice and even though it's going to be a cold, wet 3 months till Spring, it's going to start being longer days and my wife and kids know I am back on track :grin:
Last edited by Hammersmith1982 on 14 Dec 2015, 10:02, edited 1 time in total.
PaulinLondon
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by PaulinLondon »

Greatkudu wrote:Ok Christmas I don't hate It In principal,but what It has become.It gets more commercial every year with people going In to debt etc trying to satisfy the needs of their greedy children who demand the latest multimedia gadgets that cost a fortune.

It's also the forced happiness of the event that I loathe etc.If I had the money I would go far away from Christmas,In fact the best one
I ever had was on a Safari to Kenya,On Christmas day we were eating Freshly caught carp,drinking Tusker Beer and also a lethal local brew.Now that's what I call a great Christmas.I hope Jet does his Christmas message this year.
Seconded.
"Madame, Be in no doubt as to the seriousness of your position". The Day of the Jackal, 1973.
Alexinblack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Alexinblack »

I do like Christmas, however what really annoys me is the fact that its all in the shops first week in November.
zamaguire
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by zamaguire »

I hate it. Very sad time of year.I have now lost my parents and i miss them terribly at this time.
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

zamaguire wrote:I hate it. Very sad time of year.I have now lost my parents and i miss them terribly at this time.
Sorry to hear that.
Five Minutes
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Five Minutes »

It's a very very hard time for a lot of people.

I wish I could go somewhere hot for 2 weeks until it's over.
Last time I came here a friend of mine just got triple-jacked over a steeplehammer and jessop jessop jessop jessop jessop
shazzer
Rats Rally

Post by shazzer »

For me it's a break from work and a Sunday lunch on a Wednesday this year.
Toiler On The Sea
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Toiler On The Sea »

Home for it this year, looking forward to seeing the extended family, chilling and getting 'in about' our Single Malt collection.

Working next year, so will be giving it scant regard.
"They don’t come much better than The Stranglers when performing live; there is no pretence, no hiding place, just superb music"

Liverpool Sound and Vision March 8th 2013.
WMT
Down In The Sewer

Post by WMT »

zamaguire wrote:I hate it. Very sad time of year.I have now lost my parents and i miss them terribly at this time.
Same here mate. If it wasn't for alcohol, football and my daughter coming home from uni, it would be unbearable..
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

My reason's for hating Christmas are the extreme marketing of it by business,and there were always family rows.One year My dad made "Earl Grey" (Gay) tea after the meal.My late brother took one sip and wen't "Uugh Whats this".My dad replied "I'm not trying to poison you".At which point my brother stormed out,Christmas day was ruined.Another year my dad wen't crazy and ripped down the Christmas tree on Boxing day.So sadly that Is my experience of Christmas.