Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

PaulinLondon
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

"Gravity"

Post by PaulinLondon »

This is brilliant.

This short film explains who Sandra Bullock's character was actually talking to when she thought it was the Chinese space station.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNjbe4vuLKM

Jonas Cuaron's Short Film 'Aningaaq' (Gravity).
"Madame, Be in no doubt as to the seriousness of your position". The Day of the Jackal, 1973.
unbroken69
Ugly
Ugly

Re: "Gravity"

Post by unbroken69 »

That link you provide is not working, here's a new one. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zcYkuIzzy8

A very enjoyable companion piece to Gravity, which itself was an extroidinary piece of cinema. Some of it's detractors have criticised it's lack of authenticity, citing Sandra Bullock's missing space suit nappy as a fatal flaw. For me that's one bit of authenticity I was pleased to see Cuaron dispense with. However had to laugh at the sequence in the Chinese Space Station when just to let us know where we're at, we see ping pong bats floating past rice paddies. There may've even been some chop sticks. Still, for me the best movie of 2013.
Oh the bliss, oh the pleasure caressing your ears.
PaulinLondon
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by PaulinLondon »

Superb.

Go and see this film !
"Madame, Be in no doubt as to the seriousness of your position". The Day of the Jackal, 1973.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Do they allow Messrs Pinot and Grigio in the cinema house these days Paul? :lol:

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
PaulinLondon
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by PaulinLondon »

theraven1979 wrote:Do they allow Messrs Pinot and Grigio in the cinema house these days Paul? :lol:

Jim
Apparently, yes ! :lol:
Bag Lady
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by Bag Lady »

Always behind the times, I've just watched this on a small screen, don't think I'd have coped with a larger presentation. There are reasons why I'm not an astronaut! And I accept that in any disaster situation I will die.

Have decided not to opt to go swimming now but I'm off for a sauna in the hope to stabilising my blood pressure.
No one can win against kipple.
Bag Lady
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by Bag Lady »

Bag Lady wrote: 26 Feb 2017, 15:20
Have decided not to opt to go swimming now but I'm off for a sauna in the hope to stabilising my blood pressure.
Realised this wasn't the most logical response to the film as I stepped into the hot, confined space...

Btw, don't you hate it when it burns on re-entry? :shock:
No one can win against kipple.
PaulinLondon
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by PaulinLondon »

Going to watch this again.

Great film.