Downloading/file sharing

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

pigeon
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Downloading/file sharing

Post by pigeon »

Over the last decade i must admit i have given this craze a miss, as i own everything i own on CD. But i read an article with Lars ulrich when he sued napster in 2000,and i thought i want to give it a try to see what it's like. I thought id give it a go on the PC this made it quite hard to find sites of interest,you think your onto something then it sends you onto another site. The object of the day is to Download the album

Iron maiden - The Trooper. So with the pc i am unsuccsesfull.

Option 2. Time to put my Samsung Galaxy S3 into full pigeon swing all my wizzkid mates say it's all about the play store (whats that john hughes is sending me a life on Candy crush ok play level 110 first). So i do into a search Free music sites one which my uncle recomends Deezer i download this site OK its completley not free you get a 15 day free trial so IT'S not completeley FREE!!!!.

But on a momment of boredom at work (hey ive just told a customer its a 24 hour shop even though the f*cuking sign on the top of the store says 24 f*cking hours!). I type in "Iron Maiden- the trooper" 1 second later THE FULL ALBUM is on a file on my phone!. I am gobsmacked Sorry Bruce i just nicked an album of yours but i will buy it honest.

I can even tell you whos number 1 in the charts right now. "Daft punk" I've since added "Iron Maiden - Rock in rio"!.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Re: Downloading/file sharing

Post by theraven1979 »

Not bothered with this since the 80s. Nowadays I listen to stuff on Spotify - if I like it I buy it.

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
Toiler On The Sea
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Toiler On The Sea »

"They don’t come much better than The Stranglers when performing live; there is no pretence, no hiding place, just superb music"

Liverpool Sound and Vision March 8th 2013.
unbroken69
Ugly
Ugly

Post by unbroken69 »

As Toiler says Pidge familiarise yourself with Torrent sites and as Jim points out there's no real need to download music from torrent sites as Spotify is there and every play on it's site means a royalty to the artists or at least their publishers.

If you do decide to download copyrighted material be sure to use a cloaking device on your computer. A commercial Virtual Private Network (VPN) is recommended. I do downnload a lot of movies I have no chance of seeing in the cinema (never Cam quality ones though), watch them and if I like them I usually buy the DVD. The same for many TV shows - e.g. Breaking Bad series 5 has recently aired in America, without bit torrent I would not have known about this superb drama which after viewing on the internet it compelled me to purchase all of the series box sets. Although many leech off torrent sites I think that they are actually commercial vehicles for artists, film makers and broadcasters alike.
Oh the bliss, oh the pleasure caressing your ears.
pigeon
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by pigeon »

Toiler On The Sea wrote:You need to look at the torrents Pidge.

http://isohunt.com/torrents/?iht=2&ihq=iron+maiden

http://www.utorrent.com/

Utorrent that was the one i was trying to think of thanks toiler, i've got "Bittorrent". i thought Spotify was good until the trial ended and they wanted 9.99 a month which is a bit much. i think its a good way of finding out music you don't have or not to sure on and if you like it you can buy it at a later date.
unbroken69
Ugly
Ugly

Post by unbroken69 »

You only have to pay for Spotify if you want it on your Mobile device or the ad free version. If you get the basic version on your computer it's free and you can now listen to tracks an unlimited amount of times.

Utorrent is a bit torrent client tool, you'll need it to avail of torrent sites. Remember to stay safe, a VPN is the www's version of a condom.
pigeon wrote:
Toiler On The Sea wrote:You need to look at the torrents Pidge.

http://isohunt.com/torrents/?iht=2&ihq=iron+maiden

http://www.utorrent.com/

Utorrent that was the one i was trying to think of thanks toiler, i've got "Bittorrent". i thought Spotify was good until the trial ended and they wanted 9.99 a month which is a bit much. i think its a good way of finding out music you don't have or not to sure on and if you like it you can buy it at a later date.
Last edited by unbroken69 on 31 May 2013, 15:20, edited 1 time in total.
Oh the bliss, oh the pleasure caressing your ears.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Re: RE: Downloading/file sharing

Post by theraven1979 »

I'm on the 9.99 package a month. Cheap as chips . That's the price of a couple of pints darn sarf!
Bobinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Bobinblack »

So you're saying southerners onlu drink two pints a month?

Could someone point me to the basic Spotify please, the free one?
Think I'll go for a stroll in the trees.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Nah I'm saying it's *that* cheap.

erm....Tough one this Bob - you ready......www.spotify.com
Bobinblack wrote:So you're saying southerners onlu drink two pints a month?

Could someone point me to the basic Spotify please, the free one?
Bobinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Bobinblack »

Thanks, sarky bollocks :P
Think I'll go for a stroll in the trees.
Hammersmith1982
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Hammersmith1982 »

Can you feel the lurve brothers and sisters????

Hallelujah :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bag Lady
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by Bag Lady »

Them northerners go on and on about being poor but they get more pocket money than me.... Anyone spare some change for a cuppa?
No one can win against kipple.