Downloading/file sharing

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

MiB81
The Raven
The Raven

Re: Downloading/file sharing

Post by MiB81 »

pigeon wrote:.... But i read an article with Lars ulrich when he sued napster in 2000,and i thought i want to give it a try to see what it's like. .

Brilliant! :lol:
Probably not the message Ulrich was trying to send!
...I'm making lists of all the people I love,
and all the cunts that should fuck off...
Claireinblack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Claireinblack »

MiB81 wrote:
pigeon wrote:.... But i read an article with Lars ulrich when he sued napster in 2000,and i thought i want to give it a try to see what it's like. .

Brilliant! :lol:
Probably not the message Ulrich was trying to send!

:lol:
Claireinblack
kent
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

I don't bother with illegal downloading anymore either... what's the point when Spotify has such a broad selection? And I mean, if you don't want to pay for Spotify and want to get around the "X amount of hours per month" limit, you could just... I dunno... have multiple free Spotify accounts :lol: Just don't log into Facebook with it and you'll be fine!
Jake
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Jake »

I haven't tried spotify don't really understand it, it's one thing to be able to listen to music on your PC and another to be able to play it independently of an internet connection or indeed PC. I still like the vinyl/CD more than the more up to date digital formats. The internet is great for introducing your self to new bands and what have you, just find it a bit clinical, but I dunno I might give spotify a try sometime, can you actually download stuff to KEEP or is it just being able to listen?
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Premium allows you to download - great when you're in the gym etc.

Jim
Jake wrote:I haven't tried spotify don't really understand it, it's one thing to be able to listen to music on your PC and another to be able to play it independently of an internet connection or indeed PC. I still like the vinyl/CD more than the more up to date digital formats. The internet is great for introducing your self to new bands and what have you, just find it a bit clinical, but I dunno I might give spotify a try sometime, can you actually download stuff to KEEP or is it just being able to listen?
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
Jake
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Jake »

Is that unlimited for a certain fee or what? I guess I could find that info out for myself ;)
pigeon
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by pigeon »

Jake wrote:I always thought Metallica were pretty mean spirited over that Napster thing, it didn't go down very well with a lot of their fans either, how much fucking money do they need ffs. I am not saying it's great to download for free, personally I don't bother and would rather have a CD than a download any day.

I liked it because it was lars who stood against it. Couldve been any other musician. The media thought they were going to get a great 12 second soundbite to which the haters of lars could sum him up in. Obviously they diddn't know who they were talking to. So when he had a camera infront of him it was the usual "when i was younger i was a fan of the NWOBHM, i ran the official Motorhead fan club" blah,blah,blah,blah and i think people switched off after 15 minutes of it. :lol: :lol:
Bag Lady
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by Bag Lady »

pigeon wrote:
Jake wrote:I always thought Metallica were pretty mean spirited over that Napster thing, it didn't go down very well with a lot of their fans either, how much fucking money do they need ffs. I am not saying it's great to download for free, personally I don't bother and would rather have a CD than a download any day.

I liked it because it was lars who stood against it. Couldve been any other musician. The media thought they were going to get a great 12 second soundbite to which the haters of lars could sum him up in. Obviously they diddn't know who they were talking to. So when he had a camera infront of him it was the usual "when i was younger i was a fan of the NWOBHM, i ran the official Motorhead fan club" blah,blah,blah,blah and i think people switched off after 15 minutes of it. :lol: :lol:
Pidge, I would say "what?" but quite frankly I'm so confused this time I don't know if that's a relevant comment or not...... :smt017
No one can win against kipple.
porkymeat
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by porkymeat »

Home taping is killing music!
I'll even let you drive my motorbike . . .
pigeon
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by pigeon »

I have since downloaded spotify on the PC seems to be all free. Is their a catch? I've downloaded loads.
Bobinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Bobinblack »

I'll tell you the bloody catch mate, try carrying round your laptop to listen to music while you're walking, you'll have arms like Popeye's in no time. It's even worse if you don't have headphones and you don't want to disturb anyone nearby, getting the laptop near to your ear is very difficult and tiring. :grin:
Think I'll go for a stroll in the trees.
yongkuk
Rats Rally

Post by yongkuk »

pigeon wrote:I have since downloaded spotify on the PC seems to be all free. Is their a catch? I've downloaded loads.
Yes, there is a catch, you are taking the Ferraris out of musicians garages by using Spotify.
3000 Albums in 3000 Days
http://300albums.wordpress.com