Downloading/file sharing

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

unbroken69
Ugly
Ugly

Re: Downloading/file sharing

Post by unbroken69 »

Here's a link Bob, you can also open an account through your facebook account.

https://www.spotify.com/uk/video-splash ... aign=start
Bobinblack wrote:So you're saying southerners onlu drink two pints a month?

Could someone point me to the basic Spotify please, the free one?
Oh the bliss, oh the pleasure caressing your ears.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

We never go on about being skint - He's the Southerners that paint this picture of us being brassic all the time.

Jim
Bag Lady wrote:Them northerners go on and on about being poor but they get more pocket money than me.... Anyone spare some change for a cuppa?
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
pigeon
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by pigeon »

£9.99 a months a ripp off thats around £120 a year mayaswell go and buy the cds for that. The internet should be about trying to get one over on these groups not make them more richer.

U torrent looks confussing though,the mobile version to say the least. Btw i love northerners specially the folk from leeds/huddersfield/barnsley/shefield.
Claireinblack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Claireinblack »

unbroken69 wrote:You only have to pay for Spotify if you want it on your Mobile device or the ad free version. If you get the basic version on your computer it's free and you can now listen to tracks an unlimited amount of times.

Utorrent is a bit torrent client tool, you'll need it to avail of torrent sites. Remember to stay safe, a VPN is the www's version of a condom.
pigeon wrote:
Toiler On The Sea wrote:You need to look at the torrents Pidge.

http://isohunt.com/torrents/?iht=2&ihq=iron+maiden

http://www.utorrent.com/

Utorrent that was the one i was trying to think of thanks toiler, i've got "Bittorrent". i thought Spotify was good until the trial ended and they wanted 9.99 a month which is a bit much. i think its a good way of finding out music you don't have or not to sure on and if you like it you can buy it at a later date.

Spotify have told me i have played certain tracks too much and i now have to buy them if i want to listen to them.
No big deal, but its not totally free....
Claireinblack
kent
Bag Lady
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by Bag Lady »

theraven1979 wrote:We never go on about being skint - He's the Southerners that paint this picture of us being brassic all the time.

Jim
Bag Lady wrote:Them northerners go on and on about being poor but they get more pocket money than me.... Anyone spare some change for a cuppa?
No, it's the Midlanders who have it worst:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-22623964

I'm going to send them a few Earl Grey teabags. (I wouldn't be crass and send cake...)
No one can win against kipple.
Bag Lady
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by Bag Lady »

pigeon wrote:£9.99 a months a ripp off thats around £120 a year
Finally something i can agree with Pigeon about!
No one can win against kipple.
unbroken69
Ugly
Ugly

Post by unbroken69 »

Yes they previously limited tracks to 5 listens but as I pointed out they now give unlimited listens on the free package.

Spotify have told me i have played certain tracks too much and i now have to buy them if i want to listen to them.
No big deal, but its not totally free...
Oh the bliss, oh the pleasure caressing your ears.
Bobinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Bobinblack »

pigeon wrote:£9.99 a months a ripp off thats around £120 a year mayaswell go and buy the cds for that. The internet should be about trying to get one over on these groups not make them more richer.

U torrent looks confussing though,the mobile version to say the least. Btw i love northerners specially the folk from leeds/huddersfield/barnsley/shefield.
Pidge, I think that's the best post you've ever made that I actually agree with totally :grin: 8)

Miss Bag Lady, I am not poor (I'm far from rich like) I am just tight, for the reasons alluded to by Walter Pigeon above :P

Thanks Unbroken for the link, in essence that's what I was after :smile:
Think I'll go for a stroll in the trees.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

£9.99 a month for all the music you need (well pretty much). Sounds good to me - Some of you that say this is tight - you probably think nothing of downing 3 pints on a Friday night? Depends how often you use it - I'm averaging about 5 hours a day.

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
Burn e 77
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Burn e 77 »

Erm... a cuppa of Bollinger or Tattinger, Gill ?
Richie Northerner :wink:
Something better change!
pigeon
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by pigeon »

theraven1979 wrote:£9.99 a month for all the music you need (well pretty much). Sounds good to me - Some of you that say this is tight - you probably think nothing of downing 3 pints on a Friday night? Depends how often you use it - I'm averaging about 5 hours a day.

Jim

Think ive had about 3 pints all year. I'm pretty sure you can get all the music you want without having to pay that, just have to master how to use Utorrent. Im still in the buying CD market well this year ive only bought about 12 so far this year. Half have been Maiden ones. For example i dont mind a few albums by Machine Head, Sepultura but i wont be paying for example "Roots" by Sepultura as its not as good as "Chaos AD". "Lamb of God" & "Slipknot" are another good examples also "Limp biskit", "Rob zombie" and "Maralin manson", actually ive got "The beautifull people" indoors but would you pay for "mechanical animals"?.
Jake
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Jake »

I always thought Metallica were pretty mean spirited over that Napster thing, it didn't go down very well with a lot of their fans either, how much fucking money do they need ffs. I am not saying it's great to download for free, personally I don't bother and would rather have a CD than a download any day.