Oxford Gig Review.

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Burn e 77
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth
Posts: 6800
Joined: 11 Feb 2011, 19:30
Location: Biggin Hill Kent

Oxford Gig Review.

Post by Burn e 77 » 19 Mar 2013, 09:21

Oxford 02 Academy 18th March '13.

F*ckin ace... again! :wink: Set List included: Down In The Sewer 8)
Burn e 77
Last edited by Burn e 77 on 19 Mar 2013, 09:25, edited 1 time in total.
Something better change!

User avatar
elvisintheclouds
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth
Posts: 7513
Joined: 22 Nov 2011, 19:17
Location: The South of What Sir?!
Contact:

Re: Oxford Gig Review.

Post by elvisintheclouds » 19 Mar 2013, 09:23

Cheers Burn e 77, appears to be a pattern emerging here 8) :wink:
Thank you very much
EiTC

Burn e 77
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth
Posts: 6800
Joined: 11 Feb 2011, 19:30
Location: Biggin Hill Kent

Re: Oxford Gig Review.

Post by Burn e 77 » 19 Mar 2013, 09:35

elvisintheclouds wrote:Cheers Burn e 77, appears to be a pattern emerging here 8) :wink:
Hi Mr Presley, Sir!.. Yes... I guess by severe and aggressive editing... and my better journalistic skills (honed over several weeks of in depth gig reviews) I can now face the challenge of how to give atmospheric reviews, on the printed page, that somehow encapsulate the energetic and vibrant buzz of a MIB gig in full flight... being of very limited and modest journalist talent (I write part time for 'Fulchester Ferret & Mongoose Review'... only £1.79p on Wednesdays) I feel that i have now reached my Zenith :lol:
Burn e 77
Something better change!

kincajou
Rats Rally
Posts: 336
Joined: 15 Aug 2008, 18:27
Location: Hangin Around

Re: Oxford Gig Review.

Post by kincajou » 19 Mar 2013, 10:10

I cannot believe how good this gig was! They were great in the cavernous Roundhouse, but even better in the small, sweaty confines of the Oxford O2 academy. Stunning! I was grinning all the way through and all the way home! Loved Sewer in particular but the rest of it? Well I've seen them 40-odd times and I'd say this was the best. Now checking the remaining gigs to see what I can get to!
.....

User avatar
Bobinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack
Posts: 3467
Joined: 05 Nov 2007, 14:08
Location: Leeds
Contact:

Re: Oxford Gig Review.

Post by Bobinblack » 19 Mar 2013, 10:14

I'm not paying £1.79, that's a disgrace :evil:
'Peaches - A Chronicle of The Stranglers from 1974 to 1990', out 2014 on Soundcheck Books.

Think I'll go for a stroll in the trees.

User avatar
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite
Posts: 33893
Joined: 22 Dec 2001, 11:41
Location: Saltaire
Contact:

Re: RE: Oxford Gig Review.

Post by theraven1979 » 19 Mar 2013, 10:30

No Jet then?
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"

User avatar
elvisintheclouds
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth
Posts: 7513
Joined: 22 Nov 2011, 19:17
Location: The South of What Sir?!
Contact:

Re: Oxford Gig Review.

Post by elvisintheclouds » 19 Mar 2013, 10:33

Burn e 77 wrote:
elvisintheclouds wrote:Cheers Burn e 77, appears to be a pattern emerging here 8) :wink:
Hi Mr Presley, Sir!.. Yes... I guess by severe and aggressive editing... and my better journalistic skills (honed over several weeks of in depth gig reviews) I can now face the challenge of how to give atmospheric reviews, on the printed page, that somehow encapsulate the energetic and vibrant buzz of a MIB gig in full flight... being of very limited and modest journalist talent (I write part time for 'Fulchester Ferret & Mongoose Review'... only £1.79p on Wednesdays) I feel that i have now reached my Zenith :lol:
Burn e 77
:lol:
Thank you very much
EiTC

Bag Lady
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth
Posts: 5495
Joined: 10 Mar 2009, 12:21
Location: SW of Shalford Scout Hut

Re: Oxford Gig Review.

Post by Bag Lady » 19 Mar 2013, 11:11

I'm starting to yearn for Pigeon's reviews... Obviously one side of the family wears rose-tinted specs all the time and the other has verbal diarrhoea.

And why is this thread in "general other stuff"? Is there no sense of organisation around this place any more? Stay in your room until it's tidied.
No one can win against kipple.

Damian
The Man They Love To Hate
Posts: 815
Joined: 27 Apr 2005, 22:44

Re: RE: Oxford Gig Review.

Post by Damian » 19 Mar 2013, 11:24

theraven1979 wrote:No Jet then?

No, the stage is barelty big enough for the 4 of them!

No Light rig as well just the logo backdrop.

User avatar
gizzard
Maninwhite
Maninwhite
Posts: 12493
Joined: 27 Jun 2003, 12:32
Location: Left of the middle.

Re: Oxford Gig Review.

Post by gizzard » 19 Mar 2013, 13:13

Another great gig but the crowd were dull as dishwater, myself and a few others tried to get them going but they just stood and watched(each to their own I suppose). :roll:
Wasn't has hot as it usually was which was a blessing, for me Relentless is the stand out track on this tour, it just gets better with each airing, Sewer again was fantastic.

Great meet up before and good to see Pauinlondon again. 8)

Few days rest then Bristol Saturday. ;-)
''I THINK THE STRANGLERS ARE CRIMINALLY VULGAR, VIOLENT AND VORACIOUS, AND I OFTEN WONDER HOW THEY GET AWAY WITH IT.''

pigeon
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth
Posts: 9389
Joined: 31 Mar 2004, 13:32
Location: Somewhere outside the raider.

Re: Oxford Gig Review.

Post by pigeon » 19 Mar 2013, 13:25

Bag Lady wrote:I'm starting to yearn for Pigeon's reviews... Obviously one side of the family wears rose-tinted specs all the time and the other has verbal diarrhoea.

And why is this thread in "general other stuff"? Is there no sense of organisation around this place any more? Stay in your room until it's tidied.
:lol:

Nice one unc.

Burn e 77
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth
Posts: 6800
Joined: 11 Feb 2011, 19:30
Location: Biggin Hill Kent

Re: Oxford Gig Review.

Post by Burn e 77 » 19 Mar 2013, 13:50

:wink:
Bobinblack wrote:I'm not paying £1.79, that's a disgrace :evil:
Agreed, Sir!
But in the papers defence, it is now 'digitally printed'... as opposed to it's previous incarnation as a 'hand potato printed' production, surely this alone warrants the price increase of 0.79p... I'm assured by our secretary Miss Able Mable, that in future issues to come... It will be stapled too! (a technological breakthrough!) :lol: :wink:

Kind Regards,
The Editor in Chief 'The Fulchester Ferret & Mongoose Review'
Mr Charlie McFarlie Esq.

PS. in view of your criticism, Miss Able Mable has offered to send you a home made 'Cream Bun' (sticky variety) :smt005
Something better change!

Post Reply