"The Brits" Music is dead.

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

"The Brits" Music is dead.

Post by Greatkudu »

I always watch the Brits as I find it interesting to see what the industry like to support.I wish I hadn't of suffered the pain of watching it.One word to sum It up apart from "Shit" would be "Sterile" the best bit was Brian Ferry presenting an award looking as cool as fuck in his dapper suit.The worst bits were all of it but a special mention must go to "one direction" and the antichrist of bands "Mumford and sons" banal in the extreme.Do people really buy this turgid dross? There has always been crap music over the years but at least some of it was entertaining.The stuff I witnessed on the Brits was devoid of anything interesting or anything creative.During "One directions" performance the camera focussed on the Devil of dross (simon Cowell) smiling like a demented cheshire cat,says it all.Thank god for The Stanglers and others who make music that means something.
Rockula
The Raven
The Raven

Re: "The Brits" Music is dead.

Post by Rockula »

Last time I bothered to watch The Brits was the Fox/Fleetwood debacle way back in '89.
At least that was funny.
ManInBrown
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

I couldn't believe Giants didn't get best album and Mercury Rising didn't get best single. :roll:
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

Muse opened up well but it was all downhill after that. I'm not even sure if Muse were playing totally live?
Toiler On The Sea
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Toiler On The Sea »

What's the Brits?????
"They don’t come much better than The Stranglers when performing live; there is no pretence, no hiding place, just superb music"

Liverpool Sound and Vision March 8th 2013.
Alexinblack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Alexinblack »

Knew it would be shite, didnt bother with it, spent the night listening to music that should have been on the Brits.
mickinblack
The Raven
The Raven

Post by mickinblack »

First time since it started that i missed it.
I way=tch it on utv player or download it.
I say i wont like much of whats on it but its good to see what you young wipper snappers are into these days.
pigeon
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by pigeon »

The brit awards have always been a bit boring to me. But the best had to be Oasis in 1996. watched it on the TV that year and found noels speech inspiring that night.

"I've sold 12m records, ive got 3 royals royces, im on the board at man city and am i happy with that??? NO IM NOT I WANT MORE".
fourth horseman
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by fourth horseman »

The "face" of music has been dead for years, didn't need the Brits to confirm that. Scratch beneath the surface a bit and you'll be pleasantly surprised how alive it can be. There are artist on the underground and who aren't signed to major labels who record companies may have taken a punt on years ago, but now (this sounds like a broken record, especially on here) won't because they're not attractive enough or are too challenging to what people are used to hearing.
Shove it up yer bollocks then!
Alexinblack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Alexinblack »

Not really heard a great deal from some of the bigger, newer bands thta have been around over the last couple of years. Discoverd a lot of undergorudn bands that are making a bit of a name fo themseleves though.
parasiteinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by parasiteinblack »

Here's a .gif of Harry Styles being shoed in the knackers. http://i.imgur.com/mMFi1po.gif
"I woke up on a good day, and the world was wonderful"
Alexinblack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Alexinblack »

Thank you very much for that.