Absolute garbage written on gig tickets

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Absolute garbage written on gig tickets

Post by theraven1979 »

Was working from home today and in my "study" I have some tickets framed (as you do). I was looking at some of them and there was a Stranglers one from Bradford's Penningtons (2004 I think) and I'd never noticed before but on it it said "Casual dress - Jeans allowed" :lol: Anyone top that for small print or just unnecessary crap written on gig tickets?

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
leskei
Rats Rally

Re: Absolute garbage written on gig tickets

Post by leskei »

theraven1979 wrote:Was working from home today and in my "study" I have some tickets framed (as you do). I was looking at some of them and there was a Stranglers one from Bradford's Penningtons (2004 I think) and I'd never noticed before but on it it said "Casual dress - Jeans allowed" :lol: Anyone top that for small print or just unnecessary crap written on gig tickets?

Jim
that was a bit of a flashy nightclub sort of a gig if I remember james :roll:
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Yeah, I remember walking into the piss troughs and finding a feckin fountain (with real bastard fish). I mean, this is Bradford!

I'd actually been there on a works Xmas do a couple of years prior - it really isn't much to write home about.

Jim
leskei wrote:
theraven1979 wrote:Was working from home today and in my "study" I have some tickets framed (as you do). I was looking at some of them and there was a Stranglers one from Bradford's Penningtons (2004 I think) and I'd never noticed before but on it it said "Casual dress - Jeans allowed" :lol: Anyone top that for small print or just unnecessary crap written on gig tickets?

Jim
that was a bit of a flashy nightclub sort of a gig if I remember james :roll:
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
Alexinblack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Alexinblack »

Having looked through my tickets, nothing out of the ordinary really.
Dom P
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by Dom P »

I saw Madness at Hammersmith Odeon in 1980, and in those days they just stamped the back of the ticket with the band name etc, same with the Stranglers in 1987.... anyway, for this gig at the bottom of a box under the name MADNESS, it said "NO STEELS"... ah, those were the days!

I'll leave that for the young-uns to decipher and the olders to reminisce!
"I think you guys are going to have to come up with some wonderful new lies, or people just aren't going to want to go on living." -- Slaughterhouse-Five
kincajou
Rats Rally

Post by kincajou »

I saw a ticket recently with some total shite printed on it.

It said 'X Factor Live'.
parasiteinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by parasiteinblack »

Dom P wrote:I saw Madness at Hammersmith Odeon in 1980, and in those days they just stamped the back of the ticket with the band name etc, same with the Stranglers in 1987.... anyway, for this gig at the bottom of a box under the name MADNESS, it said "NO STEELS"... ah, those were the days!

Toe-caps?
:? :?:
"I woke up on a good day, and the world was wonderful"
Hammersmith1982
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Hammersmith1982 »

Dom P wrote:I saw Madness at Hammersmith Odeon in 1980, and in those days they just stamped the back of the ticket with the band name etc, same with the Stranglers in 1987.... anyway, for this gig at the bottom of a box under the name MADNESS, it said "NO STEELS"... ah, those were the days!

Was that the Matinee gig?

I went to that one - It was fecking superb :grin: :grin: :grin:
ceebs
Rats Rally

Post by ceebs »

I have one for the Glasgow QMU for a four band line up (Slacker, Alan Belshaw, Linnie and Andy Inglis) which has "Dress code:Smart but casual" on it. Theres also one for the Siouxsie Sioux Dreamshow at the Royal Festival Hall which says "Babes in arms cannot be admitted to classical concerts and some other events". Which does make me wonder which ones there they woud be welcome at?
No dreams go in, no dreams go out, of the hole in his wrinkled head.
Hammersmith1982
Ugly
Ugly

ceebs wrote:"Babes in arms cannot be admitted to classical concerts and some other events". Which does make me wonder which ones there they would be welcome at?
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Hammersmith1982
Ugly
Ugly

I think their next round of gigs should say No black to be worn!! Should make for an interesting evening