Sir Patrick Moore. Gone.

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

PaulinLondon
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Sir Patrick Moore. Gone.

Post by PaulinLondon »

"He "passed away peacefully at 12:25 this afternoon" at his home in Selsey, West Sussex, they said in a statement.

Sir Patrick presented the BBC programme The Sky At Night for over 50 years, making him the longest-running host of the same television show ever.

He wrote dozens of books on astronomy and his research was used by the US and the Russians in their space programmes".

RIP.

"Madame, Be in no doubt as to the seriousness of your position". The Day of the Jackal, 1973.
unbroken69
Ugly
Ugly

Re: Sir Patrick Moore. Gone.

Post by unbroken69 »

A true giant of astronomy and broadcasting who will be sorely missed.
Oh the bliss, oh the pleasure caressing your ears.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Top bloke. One of the few intelligent TV presenters. He'd not been looking too clever in the last few Sky At Nights bless him.

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
Ribery
Rats Rally

Post by Ribery »

Good riddance. Some of his comments about the Germans would have had him arrested had he been talking about blacks, gays etc. Xenophobic twat.
Cricklewood
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by Cricklewood »

Ribery wrote:Good riddance. Some of his comments about the Germans would have had him arrested had he been talking about blacks, gays etc. Xenophobic twat.
Xenophobia is almost everywhere. In fact everyone should be arrested for making hateful comments in their life.
MiB81
The Raven
The Raven

Post by MiB81 »

unbroken69 wrote:A true giant of astronomy and broadcasting who will be sorely missed.
A very sad loss, RIP
...I'm making lists of all the people I love,
and all the cunts that should fuck off...
Alexinblack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Alexinblack »

R.I.P
Rockula
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Rockula »

Ribery wrote:Good riddance. Some of his comments about the Germans would have had him arrested had he been talking about blacks, gays etc. Xenophobic twat.
The love of his life, a nurse in the Blitz, was killed by a German bomb. I think that coloured his attitudes for the rest of his life. He's not the only pensioner who holds/held 'dodgy' views. I regularly drive a van load of them to their weekly Bingo club. I have to bite my lip when I hear some of the outrageous things they come out with and remember they are an anachronism. Some of these people were born near the start of the LAST century.
I make allowances for old people 'cause they'll all be gone soon. I'm more concerned about YOUNG people with those views.

Anyway, R.I.P. Mr. Moore. I hear the BBC has been wanting to cancel The Sky At Night for 15 years. Now they've got the excuse.
ManInBrown
Ribery
Rats Rally

Post by Ribery »

Rockula wrote:
The love of his life, a nurse in the Blitz, was killed by a German bomb. I think that coloured his attitudes for the rest of his life. He's not the only pensioner who holds/held 'dodgy' views. I regularly drive a van load of them to their weekly Bingo club. I have to bite my lip when I hear some of the outrageous things they come out with and remember they are an anachronism. Some of these people were born near the start of the LAST century.
I make allowances for old people 'cause they'll all be gone soon. I'm more concerned about YOUNG people with those views.

Anyway, R.I.P. Mr. Moore. I hear the BBC has been wanting to cancel The Sky At Night for 15 years. Now they've got the excuse.
I'm well aware of his reasons, I have met German veterans who lost their families to British bombs, they didn't say that the only good one was a dead one.
I have nothing against people holding controversial views, I despise the liberal pc brigade, but Moore went too far.
MULLY
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by MULLY »

He'll never be eclipsed 8)
Allow me to re-arrange your face, sometimes I'd really like to get to know you better
fourth horseman
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by fourth horseman »

Ribery wrote:
Rockula wrote:

I'm well aware of his reasons, I have met German veterans who lost their families to British bombs, they didn't say that the only good one was a dead one.
I have nothing against people holding controversial views, I despise the liberal pc brigade, but Moore went too far.
I wouldn't have called him liberal really, would you?

Love or hate his political thinking, it's a shame we've lost a man who gave so much in terms of educating people. RIP
Shove it up yer bollocks then!
Ribery
Rats Rally

Post by Ribery »

fourth horseman wrote:
I wouldn't have called him liberal really, would you?
Not at all, I was just using that as an example.