What phone do you currently use?

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Alexinblack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Re: What phone do you currently use?

Post by Alexinblack »

Samsung thats all i know, only cost me £3.
PaulinLondon
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by PaulinLondon »

I think I was the first person on this Forum to get a Blackberry. So there.

"Madame, Be in no doubt as to the seriousness of your position". The Day of the Jackal, 1973.
Ribery
Rats Rally

Post by Ribery »

PaulinLondon wrote:I think I was the first person on this Forum to get a Blackberry. So there.
I'm sure were all suitably impressed.
Jon the Impaler
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Jon the Impaler »

I'm sure this will impress everyone -
I have never used a mobile phone and don't intend doing so . Not a tehnophobe by any means , building my own computer so definitely not so - I just want ot be available when I want to be available - not all day long . So - the only phone I use is a land line .
All quiet ..........
Ribery
Rats Rally

Post by Ribery »

Jon the Impaler wrote:I'm sure this will impress everyone -
I have never used a mobile phone and don't intend doing so . Not a tehnophobe by any means , building my own computer so definitely not so - I just want ot be available when I want to be available - not all day long . So - the only phone I use is a land line .
Me too, never had one, don't want one.
Toiler On The Sea
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Toiler On The Sea »

I was in the 'Don't need nor want one' camp right up until I broke down on the way home from Aberdoom, late at night in the cold/windy/pishing rain(isn't it always :smt013 ).

As the road is only an 'A' Class there were no SOS phones available, so the 'walk' to the nearest homestead that was visible in the gloom was pretty grim.
But not nearly as bad as the walk back again after phoning the AA and then trying to find my car again in the pitch black to wait for 2 hours without any heating.

There was one in my pocket the next day, I can tell you.
"They don’t come much better than The Stranglers when performing live; there is no pretence, no hiding place, just superb music"

Liverpool Sound and Vision March 8th 2013.
Ribery
Rats Rally

Post by Ribery »

Toiler On The Sea wrote:I was in the 'Don't need nor want one' camp right up until I broke down on the way home from Aberdoom, late at night in the cold/windy/pishing rain(isn't it always :smt013 ).

As the road is only an 'A' Class there were no SOS phones available, so the 'walk' to the nearest homestead that was visible in the gloom was pretty grim.
But not nearly as bad as the walk back again after phoning the AA and then trying to find my car again in the pitch black to wait for 2 hours without any heating.

Point is that phone boxes are disappearing because of mobiles, there would be many more if mobiles didn't exist.
Ian9331
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by Ian9331 »

I have £19.99 mobile bought from tesco using the tesco network.

Hardly ever use it unless I go on hols abroad - it immediately updates upon arrival and tesco text me the costs from the country you are in - pretty cheap too.

The phone I use for work is just about to be replaced with one that has super photography and 'state of the art' technology - don't know what it is yet. I can use this for personal use - if I go over the limit they will debit any cost from my salary - about £2 previously. In my job the mobile fone is a necessity.
Maybe I'll find love when there's nothing to do........
MiB81
The Raven
The Raven

Post by MiB81 »

Ribery wrote:
Toiler On The Sea wrote:I was in the 'Don't need nor want one' camp right up until I broke down on the way home from Aberdoom, late at night in the cold/windy/pishing rain(isn't it always :smt013 ).

Point is that phone boxes are disappearing because of mobiles, there would be many more if mobiles didn't exist.

It's been all downhill since the Spinning Jenny, innit mate? :smt009
...I'm making lists of all the people I love,
and all the cunts that should fuck off...
Ribery
Rats Rally

Post by Ribery »

MiB81 wrote:
It's been all downhill since the Spinning Jenny, innit mate?
I just don't need to sit on a bus and phone somebody to say "I'll be there in a couple of minutes", I bet about 75% of calls and 90% of text messages are pointless.
I have an answerphone, if they leave a message I call them back if neccessary, I don't need a mobile. Amazingly enough I have a thing for taking pictures too, it's called a digital camera.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Well don't. I very rarely use mine to make calls to be honest. Just a great device to have when you find yourself (as you often do in this day and age) waiting for a train etc. Notifications I find very useful, saved me hours sat in traffic jams by simply just touching the screen on my mobile before setting off - many other uses that are time savers. Wouldn't be without one.

Jim
Ribery wrote: I just don't need to sit on a bus and phone somebody to say "I'll be there in a couple of minutes",
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
paulinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by paulinblack »

My PAYG Samsung Tocca Ultra gave up the ghost this week. Been thinking about a Huawei Ascend G300 and a cheap contract for a while, but haven't been able to find a phone, because of the crazy offers on them at Asda, Tesco and Sainsburys.

May wait until the end of the month to get the upgraded G330, or at least see what the difference in price is going to be.
G-L-O-S...Living in a flood plain!