JOhn Terry

Post by PaulD »

odious man but I think entitled to his acquittal
Five Minutes
Ugly
Ugly

Re: JOhn Terry

Post by Five Minutes »

I don't think if someone on a field accuses you of saying what he was accused of saying you repeat-shout those words, especially when half your team mates are black.

Just my opinion.
Last time I came here a friend of mine just got triple-jacked over a steeplehammer and jessop jessop jessop jessop jessop
PaulD
Rats Rally

Post by PaulD »

granted but it is a question of reasonable doubt
to my mind the crucial evidence was that of AShley Cole
shameful that so many in Daily Mail land are taking the opportunity to lionise Terry as a victim of political correctness and slag Ferdinand forgetting that Ferdinand did not hear the words at the time and did not complain to the police but simply gave his account of what happened
Five Minutes
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Five Minutes »

If as the judge said there was not strong enough evidence why was it even in court.

Daily Mail mob - they'd like it to be legal to say anything to anyone. Apart from to their own sacred cows [royals, soldiers] of course.
Last time I came here a friend of mine just got triple-jacked over a steeplehammer and jessop jessop jessop jessop jessop
PaulD
Rats Rally

Post by PaulD »

well the judge did hold there was a case to answer halfway through the proceedings ie when the prosecution finished its case the defence asked for the case to be dismissed then and the judge, quite rightly, refused the application as Terry had already admitted using the words complained of (by an off duty police officer watching on tv) but was arguing over the context and the judge therefore needed to hear from Terry
as I understand it the judge did indicate that the CPS had built a strong case
The Bee
Rats Rally

Post by The Bee »

I think it makes Luis Suarez ban more of a Joke.
paul b
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by paul b »

its quite simple really - CUNT - and always will be
"i'd crawl over 50 good pussies just to get to 1 fat boys asshole"
Jon the Impaler
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Jon the Impaler »

paul b wrote:its quite simple really - CUNT - and always will be
Agree - was , is and always will be a Kevin Rowland .
All quiet ..........
Ribery
Rats Rally

Post by Ribery »

Should never have been in court in the first place, footballers insulting each other during game shock horror.
Glad he got off, a victory for common sense.
Jon the Impaler
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Jon the Impaler »

Ribery wrote:Should never have been in court in the first place, footballers insulting each other during game shock horror.
Glad he got off, a victory for common sense.
Depends what the insults are . The same law applies to them as us whether they are on a pitch or not . Maybe calling someone a cheat or a fouling bastard or something is different to what Terry has been aquitted of , but there was reasonable suspicion for him to be charged - maybe its an example for other footballers/sportsmen ( predomitally footballers I guess) - do this and the law will get you . If he did do this then he should be charged as you and i would if we did the same , a football pitch doesn't make them immune from the law . Obviously in this case there was reasonable doubt as he has been acquitted , but then was reason to charge in the first place . Then you can't get away from the thing that he is in life a nasty bit of work by all accounts - I mean , even CRAIG BELLAMY said no one likes him - and thats coming from Craig Bellamy :shock: .
All quiet ..........
marky
Ugly
Ugly

Post by marky »

why are you even talking about it
Bobinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Bobinblack »

marky wrote:why are you even talking about it
Cos the word 'black' i sinvolved innit :P
Think I'll go for a stroll in the trees.