Moderator: StanInBlack

bill
Rats Rally

Any carping and bitching..

Post by bill »

-*+New set list...

Set list not new enough...

Not the right number of band members...
Right number of band members but waist measurement/eye colour/blood group not worthy of longevity...

FOR FUCKS SAKE!!!

Just got back home after the Newcastle gig: my stepfather went into a coma this evening, after a heart attack. A 5% chance of survival, and that only with extensive medical assistance (no shit sherlock!!!)

OK I'll grant you, this isn't remotely coherent , but PLEASE let's just try and be thankful for what we've got; a fantastic band, and for WAAAAY longer than any of us could reasonably expect ...

Great tour, great album, GREAT BAND...............!!!
zontar
The Man They Love To Hate

Re: Any carping and bitching..

Post by zontar »

Agree, Mr bill. Post understandably incoherent, given that you've experienced witnessing living legends and faced mortality on the very same night.

Best wishes.
aldinblack
The Raven
The Raven

Any carping and bitching..

Post by aldinblack »

incoherent ? I'm not sure about that, I think the post makes a lot of sense. Good luck m8, hope the situation improves for you
I Hate You !
Hammersmith1982
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Hammersmith1982 »

bill wrote:-*+New set list...

Set list not new enough...

Not the right number of band members...
Right number of band members but waist measurement/eye colour/blood group not worthy of longevity...

FOR FUCKS SAKE!!!

Just got back home after the Newcastle gig: my stepfather went into a coma this evening, after a heart attack. A 5% chance of survival, and that only with extensive medical assistance (no shit sherlock!!!)

OK I'll grant you, this isn't remotely coherent , but PLEASE let's just try and be thankful for what we've got; a fantastic band, and for WAAAAY longer than any of us could reasonably expect ...

Great tour, great album, GREAT BAND...............!!!
Well said.
mctownie
Ugly
Ugly

Post by mctownie »

Spot on. I was moaning about losing a last minute bet on the football last week and then witnessed what happened to that Bolton lad on the pitch - made me feel embarassed that I had just been moaning about a small bet.

Tonight is going to be an awesome gig lets enjoy it boys while we can!!
miserablewoman
Ugly
Ugly

Post by miserablewoman »

... totally understand the point you're making Bill ... just hope events closer to home improve xx
YOU WERE FOREVER ... I WAS JUST A PAUSE ...
s.harris
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by s.harris »

miserablewoman wrote:... totally understand the point you're making Bill ... just hope events closer to home improve xx
My sentiments as well, see you soon bill.

All the best

Shauninblack
'Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining'
Five Minutes
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Five Minutes »

Good advice for life generally
Last time I came here a friend of mine just got triple-jacked over a steeplehammer and jessop jessop jessop jessop jessop
bill
Rats Rally

Post by bill »

Thanks chaps - sometimes it's just good to vent...

My stepdad died this afternoon - just gotta roll with the punches now, I 'spose. It's all a bit surreal - 48 hrs ago life was pretty good, now it's ever so slightly shitty :( but that's the way it goes, I guess.

Thanks again for the good wishes - shall be keeping an eye out for reports about Manchester gig - hopefully no repeat of the usual streaking incidents - good grief, I've had enough shocks to the system recently!
Claireinblack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Claireinblack »

bill wrote:Thanks chaps - sometimes it's just good to vent...

My stepdad died this afternoon - just gotta roll with the punches now, I 'spose. It's all a bit surreal - 48 hrs ago life was pretty good, now it's ever so slightly shitty :( but that's the way it goes, I guess.

Thanks again for the good wishes - shall be keeping an eye out for reports about Manchester gig - hopefully no repeat of the usual streaking incidents - good grief, I've had enough shocks to the system recently!

Sorry to hear your sad news Bill
Claireinblack
kent
Bag Lady
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by Bag Lady »

Very sorry to hear this Bill, my thoughts are with you. Take care x
No one can win against kipple.
Bobinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Bobinblack »

All the best to you and yours Bill, I found last year that it genuinely is good to talk about such matters mate, even with cyber friends. I gained a lot of strength from people's kindness, plenty of it on this very site too, something I'll never forget.
Think I'll go for a stroll in the trees.