C***s barging through crowds at gigs

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

kincajou
Rats Rally

C***s barging through crowds at gigs

Post by kincajou »

Saw Killing Joke at Oxford last night - excellent, loud, intense - although as I'm not very knowledgable about KJ I thought it was a bit samey. Anyway, I digress...

Towards the end of KJ's set a couple of shaved fuckwits barged their way through the crowd to the front, knocking people out the way, spilling drinks etc. I was about half way back in the 'a few metres behind the moshers' zone, minding my own, tapping my feet, nodding your head as you do. One of them did get a whack on the back of the head from another punter and both got loads of abuse, probably drowned out in the noise. The pair just carried on regardless until they joined the moshers at the front (quite a sizeable number, esp compared to the Stranglers gig on Monday!).

Any others had similar experiences? Utter c***s, people who do this, occasionally happens at all gigs, including Stranglers. Irritating though it is, I don't mind so much if someone moves through gently, maybe even a light hand on the shoulder to announce they're coming through. If I wanted to be barged around & didn't mind, I'd go right to the front. Trouble is that many of these fuckwits look too mean to have a go at, me being a wimp when it comes to confrontation!

So, to be challenged & stamped out (literally would be good imo!) or accepted as part of today's gig-going experience?
ryaninblack
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Re: C***s barging through crowds at gigs

Post by ryaninblack »

I totally understand wanting to get to the front, but disagree with the behaviour of these idiots you describe, this is my personal experience:

I go to a Stranglers concert (or any other concert for that matter) to go crazy to the songs i love, that is what i pay my money for, i do not pay to be stood there like a lifeless object like most people are at concerts, i want to be with the other like-minded people who are at the front, and i will push through anyone who is trying to stop me from getting there, but i am always very polite as i expect anybody to be.

So yes i agree that people should be able to go forward as much as they please, but of course in a civilised manner.
bill
Rats Rally

Post by bill »

One guy had a go last night at Bristol - stormed down to the front and was tugging at people's shirts to try and drag them away from the barrier - nice to see several people turn on him and tell him where to go! Could see he was gearing up to try again - then the bloke next to me started singing along (very loudly) to Robots straight into the idiot's ear. Nicely done, I thought - a full-on ruck would've been more gratifying, true, but it's nice to see some people power in action!
unbroken69
Ugly
Ugly

Post by unbroken69 »

Can you see the very obvious contradiction in your post.
Perhaps a better course of action would be to get to the venue early and find the space that suits you best at the barrier.
ryaninblack wrote:I, i want to be with the other like-minded people who are at the front, and i will push through anyone who is trying to stop me from getting there, but i am always very polite as i expect anybody to be.
Oh the bliss, oh the pleasure caressing your ears.
iain
Ugly
Ugly

Post by iain »

At the west Belfast IRA festival gig last summer, one cunt decided to come barging through past me...only he tripped over my foot and went face first into the crowd in front....beer, girls and two or three others taking the full smack.
Not feeling comfortable at the gig to begin with, I had a 'oh forfucksakes' sinking feeling. I think he was so pissed that he didnt know who he'd tripped over though. Result.
rotten thoughts
unbroken69
Ugly
Ugly

Post by unbroken69 »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
iain wrote:At the west Belfast IRA festival gig last summer, one cunt decided to come barging through past me...only he tripped over my foot and went face first into the crowd in front....beer, girls and two or three others taking the full smack.
Not feeling comfortable at the gig to begin with, I had a 'oh forfucksakes' sinking feeling. I think he was so pissed that he didnt know who he'd tripped over though. Result.
Oh the bliss, oh the pleasure caressing your ears.
mickinblack
The Raven
The Raven

Post by mickinblack »

Maybe you all need to go to the gigs were they provide seats.
Then you can sit and be like Statler and Waldorf to your hearts content and be safe from the nasty crowd and the front
:lol: :lol: :lol:
iain
Ugly
Ugly

Post by iain »

[quote="unbroken69"]:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think you appreciate my predictament! :smt068
rotten thoughts
pigeon
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by pigeon »

iain wrote:At the west Belfast IRA festival gig last summer, one cunt decided to come barging through past me...only he tripped over my foot and went face first into the crowd in front....beer, girls and two or three others taking the full smack.
Thats quality. I don't mind it myself, i expect it to be that way at gigs Stranglers gigs are fine,even at there most rowdy its all good.
Castle brown
SHAKESPEARO

Post by Castle brown »

I was also at the gig last night in Oxford and I have to say there where a few of these wankers there last night. I was with my other half and stood near and there was constant flow of people barging though to get to the bar but at the end there were a couple if idiots went flying through the crowd to get to the front (although they had hair :grin: :grin: )
MULLY
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by MULLY »

iain wrote:At the west Belfast IRA festival gig
:lol:
Allow me to re-arrange your face, sometimes I'd really like to get to know you better
Gene Regulation
Rats Rally

Post by Gene Regulation »

Nowadays I generally edge my way through, but you always get fan dans, who have been there wi their bints since the doors opened, defending their spot like it's Custers Last Stand!

When they don't let you edge, they just get the breenge past. I've had the odd punch or boot in my direction but generally laughing at them seems to infuriate them more, as you head into the melee at the front.

Makes you wonder, that they've obviously never experienced the crowd surges of the old days at the likes of the Barras.
TAFKA TrampinBlack