Dispatches - Great Ticket Scandal Channel 4

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Bobinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Re: Dispatches - Great Ticket Scandal Channel 4

Post by Bobinblack »

It's almost a mass hysteria thing though innit, we all must have experienced that rotten feeling of not having a ticket for a 'crucial' gig which you NEED to go to? Same with sports matches, and these bastards exploit the desperation of the fans. The older I get though, the easier it is to see that not only is it a rip off on most occasions, but this event that you thought was crucial is only 2 hours or so long, possibly not very good and almost definitely filmed officially and unofficially, recorded officially and unofficially, and available soon after for free. Unfortunately, while the saps & sheep pay way over the odds prices for tickets, these bastards will continue to thrive.
Think I'll go for a stroll in the trees.
Toiler On The Sea
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Toiler On The Sea »

We were next in the queue when the tickets sold out for the King Tuts gig in '91, ex-Mrs TOTS had gone down to the venue in her lunch break.

Was I dissapointed? Yes for a bit.
Would I have paid 2x or 3x the price to a tout(legal or otherwise)? ABSOLUTELY NOT.

The people have the power to stop this. Don't Pay the exorbitant prices.
If they pay it, then they have no right to complain about it.
"They don’t come much better than The Stranglers when performing live; there is no pretence, no hiding place, just superb music"

Liverpool Sound and Vision March 8th 2013.
mantheylovetohate
The Raven
The Raven

Post by mantheylovetohate »

Toiler On The Sea wrote:The people have the power to stop this. Don't Pay the exorbitant prices.
Sadly a lot of these exploitative ticketing resale agencies are now becoming accepted as just another place for people to buy tickets rather than legalised touting. Making such sites illegal and stopping any ticket reselling on eBay would reduce the problem greatly. Although there are occasional 'physical' touts at some gigs now, it seems that the vast majority of touting is done online nowadays.

This programme was a real eye opener though, especially that a large part of the profits went BACK to the promoters.
Did someone say "Wonky"?
unbroken69
Ugly
Ugly

Post by unbroken69 »

With reference to the e-mail I sent you via facebook recently, I have been tracking one e-bayer who always has the same number of tickets at twice the price for one particular venue. I have e-mailed this particular venue about this, although to date I have had no reply.

While some people will always have a genuine reason to pass on tickets, it appears the vast majority of secondary agents, promoters, venues and individuals are clearly seeing the practice as a high financial return on a short term investment. There is no reason why this practice cannot be regulated through legislation. The sad thing is that there was no reason for the Roundhouse gig to sell out early, as there are currently around 300 tickets on various internet sites ranging from 40 to 200 quid in price. In the meantime I think any band when negotiating a gig with a promoter should be ensured through the contract that this unscrupulous shenanigans will not be practiced by the promoter or by the performance venue.

mantheylovetohate wrote:
Toiler On The Sea wrote:The people have the power to stop this. Don't Pay the exorbitant prices.
Sadly a lot of these exploitative ticketing resale agencies are now becoming accepted as just another place for people to buy tickets rather than legalised touting. Making such sites illegal and stopping any ticket reselling on eBay would reduce the problem greatly. Although there are occasional 'physical' touts at some gigs now, it seems that the vast majority of touting is done online nowadays.

This programme was a real eye opener though, especially that a large part of the profits went BACK to the promoters.
Oh the bliss, oh the pleasure caressing your ears.
ThruBeingCool
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by ThruBeingCool »

Watched the programme, very interesting and kinda confirmed what I was thinking about the upcoming Roundhouse date, it stinks don't it?
gizzard
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by gizzard »

Is this available to watch on-line anywhere :?:
''I THINK THE STRANGLERS ARE CRIMINALLY VULGAR, VIOLENT AND VORACIOUS, AND I OFTEN WONDER HOW THEY GET AWAY WITH IT.''
ThruBeingCool
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by ThruBeingCool »

gizzard wrote:Is this available to watch on-line anywhere :?:
Channel 4 ON Demand Gizz. Very interesting viewing.
gizzard
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by gizzard »

ThruBeingCool wrote:
Channel 4 ON Demand Gizz. Very interesting viewing.
Cheers Baz :!: ;-)
''I THINK THE STRANGLERS ARE CRIMINALLY VULGAR, VIOLENT AND VORACIOUS, AND I OFTEN WONDER HOW THEY GET AWAY WITH IT.''
unbroken69
Ugly
Ugly

Post by unbroken69 »

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/disp ... od#3290181

Oh the bliss, oh the pleasure caressing your ears.
Alexinblack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Alexinblack »

It was a programme i found intresting.