Taxi For Michelle Mone?

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

unbroken69
Ugly
Ugly

Taxi For Michelle Mone?

Post by unbroken69 »

What do our Scottish patrons think of the independence issue? Michelle Mone has threratened to take her bra business to London in the event of a "yes" vote. Anyone willing to call her a taxi?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-s ... s-16779891
Oh the bliss, oh the pleasure caressing your ears.
scotticusnorvegicus
Rats Rally

Re: Taxi For Michelle Mone?

Post by scotticusnorvegicus »

The government has fled for Scotland today !

Book her a taxi. This is the same woman that said if the S.N.P. ever got into power in Scotland she would leave. Well she's still here and so is Nick Nairn semi-celebrity chef who hates the idea of an independent Scotland. Send them to the Falklands. We don't need them.
Good to hear that a good majority of English people support Scotland going on its own. I've got a lot of English mates especially from the North of England and they don't see what the problem is. I would like to see an independent England and I'm sure a lot of English people would as well.
Last edited by scotticusnorvegicus on 30 Jan 2012, 23:27, edited 1 time in total.
We are very excited to be here in A ------me----ri--- ca.
Toiler On The Sea
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Toiler On The Sea »

Don't let the door hit your erse on the way out Michelle :smt005 :smt005
"They don’t come much better than The Stranglers when performing live; there is no pretence, no hiding place, just superb music"

Liverpool Sound and Vision March 8th 2013.
fuzzguitars
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by fuzzguitars »

Apparently she made a similar threat/promise when we got devolution, with luck she will keep her threat/promise this time. Good riddance to bad rubbish!
Jake
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Jake »

yeah good luck Scotland, good luck to getting shot of the Trident base while youz are at it :shock:
dan-electro
Ugly
Ugly

Post by dan-electro »

She's a diehard Scottish Labour supporter so I don't expect her to be a supporter of the SNP and what they stand for. She'll no doubt be a big Scottish Labour celebrity for the 'No' vote in the next 2 years. I might be wrong but I was watching the Scottish news on Saturday and apparently this threat to leave was also made by her in 2007 (just before the first SNP minority win). It's got nothing to do with the future of her business, she's purely using her celebrity status to have a go at the SNP. :roll:
Hugh - "We had gangs of skinheads coming along trying to cause problems and stuff"
Rick Wakeman - "How did you deal with it?"
Hugh - "Our bass player used to jump off the stage and beat the shit out of them!"
Toiler On The Sea
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Jake wrote:yeah good luck Scotland, good luck to getting shot of the Trident base while youz are at it :shock:
I'm sure a few years ago when they were scrapping the Nautilus class of sub, the local MP for Rosyth(for that's where they were to be stored/dumped) asked about the safety of having Nuclear Subs in close proximity to the majority of Scotlands populus?

He was assured they were perfectly safe and there was nothing to worry about :wink:
To which he requested, that being part of Britains fine Naval Heritage, maybe one could be kept alongside HMS Belfast on the Thames?
Turned out they weren't that safe after all!!!!!!!

Pretty sure we're not even allowed to launch the missiles without The USA's approval :smt013 :smt013 :smt013 :smt013
"They don’t come much better than The Stranglers when performing live; there is no pretence, no hiding place, just superb music"

Jake
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Jake »

Toiler On The Sea wrote:
Jake wrote:yeah good luck Scotland, good luck to getting shot of the Trident base while youz are at it :shock:
I'm sure a few years ago when they were scrapping the Nautilus class of sub, the local MP for Rosyth(for that's where they were to be stored/dumped) asked about the safety of having Nuclear Subs in close proximity to the majority of Scotlands populus?

He was assured they were perfectly safe and there was nothing to worry about :wink:
To which he requested, that being part of Britains fine Naval Heritage, maybe one could be kept alongside HMS Belfast on the Thames?
Turned out they weren't that safe after all!!!!!!!

Pretty sure we're not even allowed to launch the missiles without The USA's approval :smt013 :smt013 :smt013 :smt013
Indeed Toiler, no sooner said than it's all in the news, eg http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2012/jan/2 ... dependence
I am sure this is gonna be in the news for a long time to come. Apparently those nuke subs 'NEED' the deep Lochs and the approach to the Atlantic. It's certainly going to be very interesting to see what happens and dare I say it this whole 'deterrent' issue is going to be very significant as to how independent Scotland really goes, but as I say good luck with it all to you Scots folk on this board, any of you sharing the Michelle Mone view at all? :grin:
mickinblack
The Raven
The Raven

Post by mickinblack »

This union was made up 300 years ago because scotland couldnt run its finances. Lets hope you can now because when the oil runs out you dont want to end up like Ireland and owned lock stock and barrel by the Germans. Think long and hard before you decide this, 300 years is a long time to change something that has worked well.
The English Scottish And welsh, have so much in common its sheer madness to change it.
Old Angus
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by Old Angus »

Wonder who will pay the bills when you go bust? That pillock Salmond seems to think that the English and we Welsh will. If he wants independence then he can pay his own fucken way.
-------------------------------------------------------------
SEGONTIUM SEARCHERS

Genealogy & Local History Research Service

www.segontium.com
unbroken69
Ugly
Ugly

Post by unbroken69 »

Strange you say the "English, Scottish and Welsh" when surely the most adamant supporters of British unity are in the one you left out; Northern Ireland.

For me the two main constitutional issues are that we still have a tax paid Monarchy and a constituent within the UK (england) who insist on voting Tory. Are there constitutional issues which Alex Salmond isn´t really being honest about or is it that the Scottish genuinely seek Independence at any cost? Surely Alex Salmond is as conservative as David Cameron. Or perhaps like Michelle Mone and tits with age weariness you´re sick of everything going down south.

mickinblack wrote:This union was made up 300 years ago because scotland couldnt run its finances. Lets hope you can now because when the oil runs out you dont want to end up like Ireland and owned lock stock and barrel by the Germans. Think long and hard before you decide this, 300 years is a long time to change something that has worked well.
The English Scottish And welsh, have so much in common its sheer madness to change it.
Oh the bliss, oh the pleasure caressing your ears.
Toiler On The Sea
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

mickinblack wrote:This union was made up 300 years ago because scotland couldnt run its finances. Lets hope you can now because when the oil runs out you dont want to end up like Ireland and owned lock stock and barrel by the Germans. Think long and hard before you decide this, 300 years is a long time to change something that has worked well.
When I'm out of a job and all we've got is Whisky & Shortbread to export, we'll be guaranteed all the independence we can handle, whether we want it or not.

The Westminster Government know where the cash comes from, that's why they're shitting it.