Taxi For Michelle Mone?

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Toiler On The Sea
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Re: Taxi For Michelle Mone?

Post by Toiler On The Sea »

EckyEckyNahNah wrote:But when the oil has run dry, I can see Scotland coming back, begging to be let back into the money
And why would England do that????????? Unless they then want their grubby hands on the Shortbread!
"They don’t come much better than The Stranglers when performing live; there is no pretence, no hiding place, just superb music"

Liverpool Sound and Vision March 8th 2013.
Alias
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by Alias »

Toiler On The Sea wrote:
EckyEckyNahNah wrote:But when the oil has run dry, I can see Scotland coming back, begging to be let back into the money
And why would England do that????????? Unless they then want their grubby hands on the Shortbread!

:lol:
Bastards!
I'm a comedian and poet, so anything that doesn't get a laugh is a poem. B.Hicks.

"Further modulation of the frequency rotation, Triggered waveband activation - near elation"

'Why are you so edgy, kid ?'
Alias
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by Alias »

Toiler On The Sea wrote:
mickinblack wrote:This union was made up 300 years ago because scotland couldnt run its finances. Lets hope you can now because when the oil runs out you dont want to end up like Ireland and owned lock stock and barrel by the Germans. Think long and hard before you decide this, 300 years is a long time to change something that has worked well.
The English Scottish And welsh, have so much in common its sheer madness to change it.
When I'm out of a job and all we've got is Whisky & Shortbread to export, we'll be guaranteed all the independence we can handle, whether we want it or not.

The Westminster Government know where the cash comes from, that's why they're shitting it.

Oil, Whisky and Shortbread, eh? :smt017
Still, it's 3 more exportable products than Wales has.
Or the Irelands.
Or, indeed, England.
Unless, of course, you count bombs, shit music and HP sauce.

:twisted:
I'm a comedian and poet, so anything that doesn't get a laugh is a poem. B.Hicks.

"Further modulation of the frequency rotation, Triggered waveband activation - near elation"

'Why are you so edgy, kid ?'
mickinblack
The Raven
The Raven

Post by mickinblack »

unbroken69 wrote:Strange you say the "English, Scottish and Welsh" when surely the most adamant supporters of British unity are in the one you left out; Northern Ireland.

Very good point indeed and your are right with that statement and i do apologize to all you from the North.

Dont see the point of it be split up, this wont be good for Scotland in the long run.
iain
Ugly
Ugly

Post by iain »

mickinblack wrote:
unbroken69 wrote:Strange you say the "English, Scottish and Welsh" when surely the most adamant supporters of British unity are in the one you left out; Northern Ireland.

Very good point indeed and your are right with that statement and i do apologize to all you from the North.

I forgive you :grin:
rotten thoughts
Sancho Panza
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by Sancho Panza »

Send her to me, I'll keep her busy.
Don Baterista
Toiler On The Sea
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Toiler On The Sea »

Alias wrote:Or, indeed, England.
Unless, of course, you count bombs, shit music and HP sauce.
Even HP sauce left England :smt005 :smt005 :smt005 !!! It is produced in Holland :shock: :shock:
"They don’t come much better than The Stranglers when performing live; there is no pretence, no hiding place, just superb music"

Liverpool Sound and Vision March 8th 2013.
theraven1970
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by theraven1970 »

I'm sure Michelle Mone is an ex-Scottish Labour supporter. At the last election she came out as a celebrity Tory, a species so rare north of the border that they could hold their annual meeting in a bus shelter. The only other celebs, if that's the right word, who openly backed Cameron were the gay interior designer bloke off the Sunday Mail and Murdo McLeod, who presumably is still suffering delayed concussion from that Brazilian free kick
When celebs come out with stuff like that I'm always amazed at their presumption that their view is somehow more important than us mere mortals and also by the crass stupidity of it. Not only do they never carry out their threat to pack their bags, just see all those tories who said they'd be on the first plane when New Labour won, but also by coming out & saying it all they do is boost the opposition. Michelle Mone's probably done more good for the SNP's cause than a whole team of spin doctors.
Greetings, fellow Stranglers fans.
Gene Regulation
Rats Rally

Post by Gene Regulation »

mickinblack wrote:This union was made up 300 years ago because scotland couldnt run its finances. Lets hope you can now because when the oil runs out you dont want to end up like Ireland and owned lock stock and barrel by the Germans. Think long and hard before you decide this, 300 years is a long time to change something that has worked well.
The English Scottish And welsh, have so much in common its sheer madness to change it.
Do you know where all the Scottish Nobles money went 300 years ago?

The founder of the Bank of England, William Paterson, convinced them to invest in a colony in Panama, called Darien, that ended in complete disaster.
TAFKA TrampinBlack
Gene Regulation
Rats Rally

When the oil has run dry we'll get all the independance we want, & then some.
TAFKA TrampinBlack
Gene Regulation
Rats Rally

Interesting to note that Westminster says the Falkland Islanders have the right to self determination. :shock:
Foreign Office Minister Jeremy Browne said that protecting the people of the Falklands was a priority.

"We are always prepared for every eventuality," he told BBC One's Sunday Politics.

"Argentina is a big powerful country - it's a member of the G20 most powerful countries in the world.

"It's got a population of 40 million people.

"The Falkland Islands have only got a population of 2,500 people but we are determined that they should be able to decide their own future.

"Their future shouldn't be decided for them by the Argentinians and we're determined to up the principle of self-determination."
But that's ok though, as it's them that'll be setting the questions in that case. :roll:
TAFKA TrampinBlack