The Arsenal

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

unbroken69
Ugly
Ugly

The Arsenal

Post by unbroken69 » 22 Jan 2012, 20:30

Is it the end of the line for Wenger this season, does the club need a more interested board, do they need to spend; or is the present predicament just a minor blip. Discuss.
Oh the bliss, oh the pleasure caressing your ears.

Stevie.T-'up north'
Ugly
Ugly

Re: The Arsenal

Post by Stevie.T-'up north' » 22 Jan 2012, 20:45

'How to totally fuck up a come-back' - by Arsene Wenger. Worst substitution decision I've ever witnessed! Wenger needs to fuck off back to Monaco and take his stubborn delusions with him. What a fuckin disgrace! Single handedly ruining an English institution!
Sweat and shite and blood!

dan-electro
Ugly
Ugly

Post by dan-electro » 22 Jan 2012, 20:50

I watched the game today and they seemed to have a 'grip' on the game during the second half and probably should have won the match (considering the chances they created and missed). I thought Man Utd exploited the left hand side in the 1st half (where Arsenal looked fairly weak), I thought the quality of passing by Arsenal in the first half was poor but it was encouraging to see them step up to the mark in the 2nd half. From an Arsenal point of view had they been more clinical up front they would have taken more from the game. I also thought when Arshavin came on it seemed to effect the dynamic of the team (just an observation). I did think Evra was man of the match. As regards Wenger, I think he's a brilliant coach but it depends what type of football you want to watch, would the fans want a new coach to change the style and get back to the Arsenal before Wenger and become a stuffier team to beat but get the 1-0 results. I think (in most cases) football is cyclical (just look at Chelsea this season) and I m sure Arsenal will come good again. That's from a Man City fan of around 35 years (chose them as my English team when I was a youngster living in Scotland). 8)
Hugh - "We had gangs of skinheads coming along trying to cause problems and stuff"
Rick Wakeman - "How did you deal with it?"
Hugh - "Our bass player used to jump off the stage and beat the shit out of them!"

unbroken69
Ugly
Ugly

Post by unbroken69 » 22 Jan 2012, 21:08

Stevie.T-'up north' wrote:'How to totally fuck up a come-back' - by Arsene Wenger. Worst substitution decision I've ever witnessed! Wenger needs to fuck off back to Monaco and take his stubborn delusions with him. What a fuckin disgrace! Single handedly ruining an English institution!
It certainly was the strangest of substitutions. However I don´t know if Wenger is to blame for the current plight of the club. The major shareholder Mr. kroenke appears to be a man whose motive is to take an annual dividend from the club, then wait until the debts are settled and then flip the club. Mr. Usmanov who doesn´t even have a seat on the board is the only shareholder putting forward ideas on the generation of cash for transfers. I think Wenger misses a David Dein type on the board to rein him in every now and then, but I do think he must be given the opportunity to turn it around.

Someone needs to be clear on weather there is money to spend or not, because right now they are a selling club. Van Persie and Walcott may well be sold at the end of the season. Van Persie would be missed but Walcott, if we got a good price for him would make sense if he went, as Oxlade-Chamberlain certainly looks the better option. In short the dead wood namely Arshavin, Djourou, Chamahk, Rosicky, Squilacci should be got rid of. We desperately need someone with the quality of Eden Hazard or Christian Eriksen in midfield and up front we need quality like Podolski and Goetze. I´ve also thought all season that Newcastle´s Demba Ba could fit in well at the Emirates and certainly is available in Wenger´s price range.

Ribery
Rats Rally

Post by Ribery » 22 Jan 2012, 22:43

I'm a Bayern season ticket holder and we were sh#t on Friday, lost 3-1 at Gladbach. Blades lost at Charlton too, sh#t weekend.

Manc In Black
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Manc In Black » 22 Jan 2012, 22:43

:grin:
on on on on
Established 11 September 1974

paul b
Ugly
Ugly

Post by paul b » 22 Jan 2012, 22:48

who fucking cares :grin: :grin: :grin:
"i'd crawl over 50 good pussies just to get to 1 fat boys asshole"

unbroken69
Ugly
Ugly

Post by unbroken69 » 22 Jan 2012, 22:52

paul b wrote:who fucking cares :grin: :grin: :grin:
What do you mean? Care enough to post a comment. :lol: :lol: :lol:

BazinBlack
Ugly
Ugly

Post by BazinBlack » 23 Jan 2012, 00:00

Arshavin: The Worst Russian sub since the Kursk
Strolling along minding my own business.....

unbroken69
Ugly
Ugly

Post by unbroken69 » 23 Jan 2012, 00:01

BazinBlack wrote:Arshavin: The Worst Russian sub since the Kursk
:lol: :lol: :lol:

APOLLO79
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by APOLLO79 » 23 Jan 2012, 02:01

Stevie.T-'up north' wrote:'How to totally fuck up a come-back' - by Arsene Wenger. Worst substitution decision I've ever witnessed! Wenger needs to fuck off back to Monaco and take his stubborn delusions with him. What a fuckin disgrace! Single handedly ruining an English institution!
Love that 'institution' term.A bit like the institution up here.Maybe he's losing the plot but one thing that the Frenchman brought to this club
was attractive football.Something well worth watching.Maybe he's done,who knows?But Money has ruined his spectacle.

Remember previous managers?Never as entertaining.I like the guy.As a footballing side Arsenal were great.If it's all about trophies well the guy's
finished.Bit like the band we follow.No plaudits no marks.The club is not an English institution anymore.The shares were sold and like it or not the club is in foreign hands.
'Can i have my mic stand back please?You might do yourself an injury and get it stuck in somewhere'

MANUINBLACK
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by MANUINBLACK » 24 Jan 2012, 18:08

Thought we deserved the win as we had more chances of worth over the whole game and when we had the ball ,looked to do more with it.Wenger decision was.......Bizarre :shock: ,but hey ho ,suited me and overall if anybody had his record of the last 7 years and think his job would be in danger.....
well that was amazing,its taken him all day to learn that bass solo